Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AA would easily win the mmorpg.com community's Sympathy Award.

DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

... if there was one.

It seems to me that there's virtually no one really disliking this game and what it promises / intends to bring us, let alone actually hating it.

Compared to games like Dark Fall, Mortal Online, or the korean releases of the past, it gets surprisingly little flak pre-release.

So, could it be? A mmorpg where virtually this entire community shares a fairly optimistic outlook for?

A place where we might overcome our differences and grow crops and sing songs and climb trees and steal eachother's stuff and break eachother's friggin' skulls ... in harmony?

<3

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Come on now Pony, I am sure people will be here soon enough to point out it is not GW2, its made by an Asian company therefore rubbish and that anyway it is vapourware as it has no western publisher.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Originally posted by DarkPony

... if there was one.

It seems to me that there's virtually no one really disliking this game and what it promises / intends to bring us, let alone actually hating it.

Compared to games like Dark Fall, Mortal Online, or the korean releases of the past, it gets surprisingly little flak pre-release.

So, could it be? A mmorpg where virtually this entire community shares a fairly optimistic outlook for?

A place where we might overcome our differences and grow crops and sing songs and climb trees and steal eachother's stuff and break eachother's friggin' skulls ... in harmony?

<3

No publisher for us means more wishful thinking, I'm afraid...

Originally posted by bossalinie

... if there was one.

<3

See Pony, what did I tell you!

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I don't think the sandbox genre has garnered an anti following like the themepark genre has, plus PvP isn't the main focus of the game. Those two things combined is why you haven't seen any flak directed towards AA. Even though the game is a sandbox it really isn't aimed at the hardcore pvper the same way games such as DF and Mortal were.

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Huh, looks like you're right.  I bet that reporting can suppress the negative opinions, too.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Originally posted by RefMinor
    Come on now Pony, I am sure people will be here soon enough to point out it is not GW2, its made by an Asian company therefore rubbish and that anyway it is vapourware as it has no western publisher.

Heh. You might be are right.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

... if there was one.

<3

Told him what? What exactly did I do that you mentioned in your post...because I didn't diss AA at all. Please elborate...

And if speaking what is true is hate, then prepared to be rained on in life.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Pony.

Pony in a field.

Pony in a field picking flowers.

Pony in a field picking flowers to give to friends.

Pony gets stabbed in back and his flowers, armor, sword of +3 noob-slaying and favorite carrot get stollen.

Sorry, Pony. People are cruel. Give it time.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

It is the chosen one, it will bring balance to MMORPG.com.   :)

... if there was one.

<3

Told him what? What exactly did I do that you mentioned in your post...because I didn't diss AA at all. Please elborate...

"and that anyway it is vapourware as it has no western publisher."

=

"No publisher for us means more wishful thinking, I'm afraid..."

... if there was one.

<3

Agreed, worrying about the lack of western publisher is more of a concern than critique, really. edit: but it depends on how you word it.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

... if there was one.

<3

Its just to far from release for anyone to bother.

I mean you allready have people trolling GW2.... hehe

But anyway. It seems like an awesome game that might finally bring mmos one step closer to what we all expected from them in first place ;)

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

I just got reported for a joke, so I really don't know what you mean by sympathy award.  I just think people in here are brittle and press report way too much.

... if there was one.

<3

Agreed, worrying about the lack of western publisher is more of a concern than critique, really. edit: but it depends on how you word it.

Lack of Western publisher is just a timing issue, the game has been designed and written to release in the western market. No need for concerns, just a little patience

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

Asian grinder gankfest WoWclone pay to win game!

Originally posted by Khaeros

I just got reported for a joke, so I really don't know what you mean by sympathy award.  I just think people in here are brittle and press report way too much.

Lol, I could tell it was a joke and I am retarded.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Wait for the EU/NA release-announcement and then the shitstorm will hit these forums just like they hit any other MMO listed here.

Not going to happen for atleast another 12 month tho.

Originally posted by Yalexy

Wait for the EU/NA release-announcement and then the shitstorm will hit these forums just like they hit any other MMO listed here.

Not going to happen for atleast another 12 month tho.

Yep, I think 2013 at the earliest, It will be a shitstorm on here as there will be far more haters than fanboys being a sandboxy game.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

... if there was one.

<3

Oh there will be droves of haters, from my understanding this game isnt going to hold your hand like themeparks (TOR RIFT etc) does. These type of gamers have to be pushed along on a nice structured linear path from starrt to end to enjoy a game.

The MMO genre has de-evolved to nothing more than a online RPG.  Therefore this will never be a mainstream MMO. With that will come a lot of hate, from clueless sheep being lost and cant figure out what they should be doing.

Being that it is open world PvP, Theres going to be a lot of hate coming from that.

Right now the 95% of posters posting on this forum is AA fans. The themparkers right now have abondoned the TOR train and hoped right onto the GW2 train. Once that train crashes 60 days after its launch then we will start seeing a lot more posts of people not approving of AA's game features.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• quasi_deadquasi_dead Member Posts: 84

I'd just like to register my excitement for this game here.

However I'll probably hate it when it's released due to some variable that I won't know about until then because subconciously, deep down, I don't like sandboxes :(

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

It's true there's very little AA bashing on this site which is rather rare for an upcoming big budget game.

Leaving aside the fact that it's a sandbox and not yet-another-W...themepark-clone, I think there are 2 main reasons for this:

1) Developer reputation. XLgames is new, they started working on a racing game in 2003 but dropped it and switched to ArcheAge. In other words they have a clean track record (or absence thereof which is pretty much the same thing): nobody hates XLgames because nobody has played an XLgame before. Furthermore, the founder Jake Song does have a good track record since he was the lead designer of Lineage which along with WoW is the most popular MMO the genre has seen to date.

2) No NDA. Beta testers can and do post videos of the game. All the info we need to know about the game is out there for us to check out. This display of confidence from XLgames (nothing to hide) is very comforting and inspires faith. Just like women fall for confident men, video gamers fall for confident studios.

A third possible reason might be, like someone pointed out, that the game is still far from release here in the west so the potential haters don't see it as a threat to their game...yet.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

The shitstorm hasn't started yet, because not a whole bunch of people know about the game (like i asked my SWTOR guild some week(s) back. "whats that? never heard? wut?)

Only really eager people who really "search out" for a "dream game" can actually find "it" and all the beta videos and info etc.

Nothing i've come across about the game, has had me frown or sigh, because everything shown is just awesome and mainly the things i've been missing in MMORPG's since late 90's.

Finally a gameworld i want to belong and by the judge of things, i'll love to belong.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Only game worth waiting for right now except to get a publisher they are going to have to dumb it down for the western market. Never understood this and I don't see why we as gamers continue to allow it.

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Pony.

Pony in a field.

Pony gets stabbed in back and his flowers, armor, sword of +3 noob-slaying and favorite carrot get stollen.

Hehe, would you believe me if I told you that is EXACTLY the kind of gameplay I am yearning for? :)

The initial shock of horror, ... the frantic moment of trying to get away, ... the anguish of the last moments of despair when you realize it is to no avail ... only to subside for either stone cold anger or sometimes even a laugh and respect, and dedication to even the score, no matter how long it will take, no matter how much it will cost me ... I lub dat.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Pony.

Pony in a field.

Hehe, would you believe me if I told you that is EXACTLY the kind of gameplay I am yearning for? :)

The initial shock of horror, ... the frantic moment of trying to get away, ... the anguish of the last moments of despair when you realize it is to no avail ... only to subside for either stone cold anger or sometimes even a laugh and respect, and dedication to even the score, no matter how long it will take, no matter how much it will cost me ... I lub dat.

LOL, settle down Pony, you're foaming. image

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil