Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why People hate SWTOR

I think it's becouse people can't roll a brand new level 1 and run to the nearest major city and spam for credit selling / beg for credits.

Comments

• deadmilkdeadmilk Member Posts: 173

Laugh out Loud

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Bingo!

thats why I quit.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

No, most of the old games were like that. In Lineage you had to hit 20 to be able to chat to mention one.

The reason they hate TOr is either because people got the idea that Bioware would make a PvP focused game or because it really is a single player game turned into a multiplayer one which they didn´t expect it to be. Not to mention the SWG vets which hate it for not being SWG 2...

There are many reason why someone could hate or love TOR but that is a rather weird one.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    OP nailed it.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Why cause every city in the game is dead because for some reason Bioware thought it was a good idea to take everyone out of the world and put them in a Phantasy Star Online like generic station instead?

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Why would you need too?  Early on the game is blood simple easy.  Credits are not a problem at all. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Trikke

I think it's becouse people can't roll a brand new level 1 and run to the nearest major city and spam for credit selling / beg for credits.

EUREKA!

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Loke666

No, most of the old games were like that. In Lineage you had to hit 20 to be able to chat to mention one.

The reason they hate TOr is either because people got the idea that Bioware would make a PvP focused game or because it really is a single player game turned into a multiplayer one which they didn´t expect it to be. Not to mention the SWG vets which hate it for not being SWG 2...

There are many reason why someone could hate or love TOR but that is a rather weird one.

I think this pretty much sums it up. Regardless, anyone who thinks these forums are a barometer of reality are on crack. The same people say the same things over and over again giving the illusion it represents something meaningful.

There Is Always Hope!

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

The only way people hate a game is if they have no life. Disliking is one thing.  Normal people with normal lives just move on

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

That's surely it.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Linearality
    Lack of imagination (wow in space)
    EA
    Themeparkyness, most themepark mmo ever
    general problem with "big" games, have formulaic simple game and hide the cracks by spending a big wedge of cash on "production values"
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh feels so single player also.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by Starpower

The only way people hate a game is if they have no life. Disliking is one thing.  Normal people with normal lives just move on

:D can only laugh , so hate means no life? wiiiiii we have a winner!

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , a few factors weighs in for why people hate SWTOR ; 

1- EA is involved , and we all know how all their games end up being in the long run.

2- When someone talks to me about Star Wars , it's all about the epic space battles and laser shows in space , not somekind of WoW wannabe sprite MMO where a Storm trooper can own a Jedi where in the movie Luke Skywalker can own a whole regiment of storm troopers blind folded.

So yeah , when I see SWTOR , it brings nothing special to my eyes , just another typical fantasy MMO with no depth.

It's a shame though , it could of been mind blowing , but no , instead they took the easy route which is the WoW route.

Why even call it Star Wars?

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Some of us like it, because sometimes you do just want to slow down and stare at the car crash as you drive on by.
  • Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

The question OP should ask is..why people hate MMOS on mmorpg.com?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Originally posted by Metentso

Why not? I hear it's really nice there this time of year. Saruman has some nice weed.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Superduper69

The question OP should ask is..will it blend?

/fixed

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Originally posted by zevni78

Originally posted by Metentso

Why not? I hear it's really nice there this time of year. Saruman has some nice weed.

What did you say?

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by Starpower

This, with a but.

Some people mix hate with criticism and some aren't too good in criticizing.

I think one the reasons why people write reviews, post opinions and good bye threads (with or without warnings) are red berries. You know, other people will eat the berries if one eats them and survives.

Other reason is the watchdog. The companies shouldn't be allowed to publish and sell turd after turd and market them to profitable. People need to act as watchdogs and write independent views over products.

Third is the malicious intent (to irritate fans), but those aren't too hard to spot and take down.

1. and 2. are the things normal people do and then move on.

3. will continue like broken record and for some reason those who it's aimed towards never seem to learn from previous attempts.

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

I don't hate the game. I haven't even played it. But, I'm a little bit older than the players on these boards and I watched the advertising carefully. They never showed the game, only talking heads from EA and Bioware talking about the game.

What I do hate is that the people making the game only had profit as a motivation and hid the game from the players until it was released because they knew they had a stinker on their hands.  To hate an inanimate object would be irrational; to despise the cash-grab and latent disdain for the players - that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

How did you know! This was supposed to be secret.. safe... 

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I like it. 

This discussion has been closed.