Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Old School

PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

are there any "old school" games still floating around? it seems like, according to older mmo gamers, that the classics like UO or EQ have flatlined over the past decade. AC is still around (i couldn't get into it though), as is DAOC, but have those survived the test of time? it seems like you can't swing a dead cat these days without hitting someone harkening back to the way things was. and while i'm sure rose tinted glasses are part of it, i still would like to at least glimpse this myself. so, any old school mmos still floating around that could give me a taste of what was?

Comments

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

FFXi is still around. It's is like a different game now with abyssea even though you have the option to do all the old content still.

If you really want to give an old mmo a try. GIve EQ a try in march when it goes F2p.

Almost forgot, theres a SWGEMU pre NGE. If you ever wanted to play old SWG then that might be worth giving a look.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by Khole

FFXi is still around. It's is like a different game now with abyssea even though you have the option to do all the old content still.

If you really want to give an old mmo a try. GIve EQ a try in march when it goes F2p.

Almost forgot, theres a SWGEMU pre NGE. If you ever wanted to play old SWG then that might be worth giving a look.

EQ hasn't gone.... "new school" (???) then? and i was actually just looking at the SWGemu, but it needs the original client to run.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

EvE is still around.. And its Up to date. Looks better today then it did 8 years ago. Plays better then it did back then also. EvE is like any highclass product.. like whisky and Wine it only gets better and more Highclass with age..

Not everyone likes it but it is the Most superior Product on the market.. Its a highrollers game... The rest are only for childrean and to past the time. The only REAL MMORPG is EVE online... And Its still growing... You can only say that about one other game in the Industry...

EvE is the sanbox Delux as WoW is the themepark Delux...  But compared to WoW, EvE is built to last. I think we still will play it in 20 years....