Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I Am not playing tera.

2»

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Hmm... If those are the issues Newnan had with TERA, safe zones and being one-shotted by higher level players, then maybe he can look towards Guild Wars 2. Just look into their World vs World system. But I'm actually surprised that's the reason the OP for not liking TERA. For me it was the boring questing, that felt more boring than usual, even with the action combat. Just didn't have the heart to level, when it kept on telling me to go back & kill the same damn mobs. image

• NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Lol that last remark at the end of this post made me laugh, the GW2 part.

This isnt GW2, this is TERA, I want progression, I want to feel like I accomplished something and I want to get to endgame because if I had endgame from the beginning id get bored very quickly and leveling alts isnt possible if all your characters are at endgame already. These game have their levels because that is the type of game they are. If they were different theyd be a totally different game.

If you have access to everything in GW2 from level 1 by the time you get to max level and have already done everything and theres no gear to grind and everyone is equal, then what is there to do, I guess its basically an e-sport at that point with regards to PvP, and its an e-sport youve already been playing for who knows how long by the time you get there.

With no endgame PvE content either and nothing to stride for, ill get pretty bored.

Are you kidding me, one could easily make a game with zero leveling with just characters. The whole game could be revolved around getting better gear. The PVE would consist of either, Crafting, exploring, dungeons; you could even have raids if the maker wanted. Leveling is not a required thing for mmos.  For gear all the level requirements would be gone and all is left is to find better stated gear which is all you really are doing while leveling but instead of wearing any piece at any time you have a little sticker slapped on saying you have to have grinded for so long to be able to use that item, kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Instead of a raid require saying level 85 and  item level blah blah blah... one could have it set up so it’s just the item stats requirement. Knowing the fights, having the basic set of gear from a crafting system would just be the basics of getting into a raid. Of course there has to be some sort of order to things, like you couldn’t just start a character and go right into raiding it would require gathering then crafting then go farm some dungeons then go raid. But hey instead of all the time producing leveling zones the game could be based on the whole progression of gear and how its obtained.

Adding new content in a level less game would be easy just by adding new gear (including new looks) you could make new encounters outside the normal tank and spank, don’t stand in crap fights. Oh and let’s not forget about expanded tiers of crafting.  A level less game would have to have a great unique balanced crafting system. Level less games could have introduction zones that are “easier” to get used to game and practice all the abilities one would start off with. Questing could be rewarding with just pure money instead of XP.  

All I’ve experience with leveling games, is a requirement that say oh you’re this level you have to fight over here.  Without levels a game could really be more “sandboxish”, not saying I am personally looking for that but at least it would be different.

My main point in all this ranting is balance is key for any game.

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Newnan

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Are you kidding me, one could easily make a game with zero leveling with just characters. The whole game could be revolved around getting better gear. The PVE would consist of either, Crafting, exploring, dungeons; you could even have raids if the maker wanted. Leveling is not a required thing for mmos.  For gear all the level requirements would be gone and all is left is to find better stated gear which is all you really are doing while leveling but

I don't even get how you farm gears if you start at max lvl or there is no lvl period. There only be that 1 set of gear to farm for that everyone wants. You can put in 50 different dungeon all with different set but you know poeple only going to run that few thats quick and drop best gear. And once they have it your PvE is completely gone. If you put gear in to different ranking than you create unbalance just like lvl, you need rank x to gain rank y gear, so instead of lvl progress you have gear progress which won't make much of a difference from lvl progression.

instead of wearing any piece at any time you have a little sticker slapped on saying you have to have grinded for so long to be able to use that item, kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Instead of a raid require saying level 85 and  item level blah blah blah... one could have it set up so it’s just the item stats requirement. Knowing the fights, having the basic set of gear from a crafting system would just be the basics of getting into a raid. Of course there has to be some sort of order to things, like you couldn’t just start a character and go right into raiding it would require gathering then crafting then go farm some dungeons then go raid. But hey instead of all the time producing leveling zones the game could be based on the whole progression of gear and how its obtained.

How is that different from lvl progression? Basically replace lvl with pure gear progression in the end its the same damn thing.

Adding new content in a level less game would be easy just by adding new gear (including new looks) you could make new encounters outside the normal tank and spank, don’t stand in crap fights. Oh and let’s not forget about expanded tiers of crafting.  A level less game would have to have a great unique balanced crafting system. Level less games could have introduction zones that are “easier” to get used to game and practice all the abilities one would start off with. Questing could be rewarding with just pure money instead of XP.  

Thats pretty much what all new game content is, new dungeons and gear and skill...... 

All I’ve experience with leveling games, is a requirement that say oh you’re this level you have to fight over here.  Without levels a game could really be more “sandboxish”, not saying I am personally looking for that but at least it would be different.

how is lvl to right in an area different from having to have certain gear to in an area?

My main point in all this ranting is balance is key for any game.

You main point hit balance in the head, tied it up, and thrown out of the window of a 50 story building. How it is balance if you remove lvl and makeit pure gear progress? You basically took away good chunk of PvE part of the game and if you just add in multi ranks of gear its the same thing as lvl progression.

• NewnanNewnan Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by rexzshadow

I don't even get how you farm gears if you start at max lvl or there is no lvl period. There only be that 1 set of gear to farm for that everyone wants. You can put in 50 different dungeon all with different set but you know poeple only going to run that few thats quick and drop best gear. And once they have it your PvE is completely gone. If you put gear in to different ranking than you create unbalance just like lvl, you need rank x to gain rank y gear, so instead of lvl progress you have gear progress which won't make much of a difference from lvl progression.

How is that different from lvl progression? Basically replace lvl with pure gear progression in the end its the same damn thing.

Thats pretty much what all new game content is, new dungeons and gear and skill...... 

how is lvl to right in an area different from having to have certain gear to in an area?

You main point hit balance in the head, tied it up, and thrown out of the window of a 50 story building. How it is balance if you remove lvl and makeit pure gear progress? You basically took away good chunk of PvE part of the game and if you just add in multi ranks of gear its the same thing as lvl progression.

Yes leveling and gear progression are similar but they are different games styles. It’s the small details that make or break games. If there was no leveling you could quickly get to the part you as an individual wants to play and not just be forced into a grind till a set "max level" to start the game. Most people judge their games by end game, maybe not all of course but most people probably do.  Why not just have "end game" at the beginning of the game?

As far as the PVE goes who are you to say that people don't want a good crafting game, PVE crafting could be awesome if well done.  Making a guild based game that top guilds could craft their own cities with walls and hire guards and such. Guilds would be able to level up these cities and their guild to obtain better crafting recipes. This could also bring in pvp for fighting over guild cities and to sacking them.

Also to the point about players wanting the best gear, well that’s true in all games but of course the key to making a successful game is the balance the scaling of gear, so that the top gear really is a reasonable increase so that one deck out player will never ever be ridiculously out stated of player in starter gear, but still enough of an improvement to still be sought after. If you read my earlier posts you would know that this would fix the whole unbalanced rank requirements while still rewarding player with new shinnies.

Screw leveling games, give me something with "End game" at the beginning of the game.