Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it's the 28th!

tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

Anyone know when they open the free 2 play servers?

image

«1

Comments

  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

    If you were already a subscriber before you can play now.  I logged in yesterday.  But then, I logged off in 5 minutes because I was reminded how slooooow the combat felt.  F2P servers open in 2 weeks I think for those who never subbed.

    I should note that I'm referring to NA servers.

  • tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

    I am a former subscriber from years back, nothing recently. Can i still play?

    image

  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

    Originally posted by tsukts

    I am a former subscriber from years back, nothing recently. Can i still play?

    Assuming you were in Aion EU, yes, but you need to login to your NCsoft master account and mark your Aion account for transfer if you haven't already done so.

    http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/board3-news/board8-news/2058-collected-info-faq-about-the-transition-happening-now/

  • pl3dgepl3dge Member UncommonPosts: 183

    Do we need a new client for the f2p or can I just use the old one and patch it?

    image

  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

    Are servers down???

    I used to play Aion when it came out (for 7 months) and i have migrated my account

    but i cannot play the FTP version yet....

    It says: Cannot connect to authentification server....

  • tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

    I have opted in, and my account is no longer on ncsoft. but i still cant log in...about to just give up lol.

    image

  • ftAnPucr9ftAnPucr9 Member Posts: 26

    So it was f2p launch in february. A normal behaved person then expect to log in the 1th february. It becamed 28th. A normal behaved person then expect to log in in the morning the 28th. Ofc it's not up yet even if it's soon evening. Sigh to not hold deadlines is a normal behaviour everywhere and in every games these days.

  • tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

    The forums is even taken down lol. Oh well. And they don't update their homepage with updates either. So no idea what's going on.

    image

  • mrholymrholy Member Posts: 9

    I've played the beta, and I can't login

  • tsuktstsukts Member Posts: 164

    I still get "Cannot connect to the authorization server"  So I guess it's offline still :P

    image

  • alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

    i have an NA account that i last played about a year ago and i logged into the F2P server last night no problem

  • alextodoalextodo Member UncommonPosts: 236

    Its going to take some time because they are migrating the NCSoft accounts over. Once they are done , the Servers will be opened.

    Last date/time given was 28th sometime in the afternoon.

     

    Edit: For the EU version.

    image

  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,602

    Originally posted by elocke

    If you were already a subscriber before you can play now.  I logged in yesterday.  But then, I logged off in 5 minutes because I was reminded how slooooow the combat felt.  F2P servers open in 2 weeks I think for those who never subbed.

    even slower than the combat?  the rest AFTER combat.  It was my biggest turnoff in an otherwise interesting game.  Well... that, and the whole Pokemon feel...

  • FyendiarFyendiar Member UncommonPosts: 249

    To keep up to date through the forums check this link:

    http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/board5-the-game/board16-aion-uk/board28-general-discussion/

    or just check this one to see the official replies on the forum:

    http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/index.php?form=Search&searchID=16092&highlight=

    with the most important remark being:

    "Late afternoon, early evening. Can't say any ETA, I am sorry. "

    So it's anyone's guess when the servers will come back online atm.

    Speaking for the EUonly ofc.

  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172

    Originally posted by Fyendiar

    To keep up to date through the forums check this link:

    http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/board5-the-game/board16-aion-uk/board28-general-discussion/

    or just check this one to see the official replies on the forum:

    http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/index.php?form=Search&searchID=16092&highlight=

    with the most important remark being:

    "Late afternoon, early evening. Can't say any ETA, I am sorry. "

    So it's anyone's guess when the servers will come back online atm.

    Speaking for the EUonly ofc.

    Here's an update from about 10 minutes ago from http://en.board.aionfreetoplay.com/board3-news/board8-news/2192-update-status-of-the-live-servers/#post24465


    Update #2

    Another update about the status of the migration



    We are currently making progress and the whole team is working on the release of AION free-to-play with high pressure.

    We cannot give you an exact time but we will try to take the servers online today.

    Sadly we cannot keep our old estimation (late afternoon/early evening).



    We apologize for the delay.

    Your CM Team



    ------------------

  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 396

    Does anyone know how big the game download actually is i'm currently 4.8GB in but it doesn't say of how much.

  • Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

    Does anyone know how big the game download actually is i'm currently 4.8GB in but it doesn't say of how much.

    I have 16,9 GB.

    It came from NCs installation and then copied to the Aion Free to play folder.

    Btw, is just me, or the Eu servers are still down?

    image
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 396

    Originally posted by lordathon

    Originally posted by Boltonsquad

    Does anyone know how big the game download actually is i'm currently 4.8GB in but it doesn't say of how much.

    I have 16,9 GB.

    It came from NCs installation and then copied to the Aion Free to play folder.

    Btw, is just me, or the Eu servers are still down?

    There not up yet :)

  • enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

    I would say for EU players next 


    Update #3  will be like Sorry we are amateurs and thats why it takes so long , we just wanna make money on in game store but not rly got skills how to start server since we made that decision on F2P just this morning and have not time to prepare for it. No ETA !!!! 


     


    Ill say , another fail on mmorpg community by cheap devs , lets go outside and play football or drink

  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 396

    Originally posted by enolice

    I would say for EU players next 


    Update #3  will be like Sorry we are amateurs and thats why it takes so long , we just wanna make money on in game store but not rly got skills how to start server since we made that decision on F2P just this morning and have not time to prepare for it. No ETA !!!! 


     


    Ill say , another fail on mmorpg community by cheap devs , lets go outside and play football or drink

    No offense but the migration of accounts from 1 publisher to another isn't a small task, I knew that it would be extended by a significant amount of time hence why I've only just started the download.

    You can't bash a company you obviously know very little about.

  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

    Originally posted by enolice

    I would say for EU players next 


    Update #3  will be like Sorry we are amateurs and thats why it takes so long , we just wanna make money on in game store but not rly got skills how to start server since we made that decision on F2P just this morning and have not time to prepare for it. No ETA !!!! 


     


    Ill say , another fail on mmorpg community by cheap devs , lets go outside and play football or drink

    i think that is a very poor comment.you need to have patience.

  • enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

    Well guys im glad there is still people with so much hope like you , good at least something good in here.

    Im just simply tired of all that fails anyway stay with hope, stay with hope

  • CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 105

    i think they are going for 29th release since it's a rare date :P

  • enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

    +

  • Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

    Ok... maybe it will be soon

    http://aionstatus.com/

    few mins ago it was showing that EU servers were in progress and counting down for 1h06m

    image
Sign In or Register to comment.