Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hope this game is Desent

trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

I really hope that this game is going to be a desent sandbox MMO. I'm so sick of playing all these rehashed versions of WoW over and over again. I was almost about to give up on gaming entirely until I ran into this game and did some research on it. It looks promising. Has anyone here had a chance to play a demo or beta of it yet? and if so. Do you think it is good or not? you don't have to get into detail. I was just wondering if it's a desent game or not.

Comments

• DomotoDomoto Member UncommonPosts: 82

Same here, I loved Descent!

http://youtu.be/LtgepMDikeU

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Decent is what you meant?

Descent = when you go downwards (the act, process, or fact of moving from a higher to a lower position)

And considering AA doesn't have any NDA and all the videos on the tube are 100% what you see (closed beta), it's already offering WAY more than most current games which have been out for quite some time. It's a game the doesn't only "promise" features, it has tons of playermade videos to back the claims!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67288C785BA81366&feature=plcp <-- plentiful source of features etc.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Think he meant "Decent" lol

@Domoto

Yeah , Descent game was fun !

[mod edit]

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Domoto

The boardgame with the same name is even better.

But yeah, lest hope for once we cqan get a well programmed sandbox, not many of those around. 

Originally posted by Loke666

The boardgame with the same name is even better.

But yeah, lest hope for once we cqan get a well programmed sandbox, not many of those around. 

I have no knowledge of this game, but from that picture alone...I must have it

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I have no knowledge of this game, but from that picture alone...I must have it

Yeah, it is really fun. One player is the overlord who plays all the monsters and he plays against the rest of the players who is an adventurer team. There is a bunch of expansions for it but avoid the campaign expansion.

Here is it´s homepage:http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=5

As for AA the most worrying thing is that they still havn´t got a western publisher so it might take years for us to get it unless we learn Korean.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

[mod edit]

I hope the game is decent, too image

(edit: then I went and mispelled "decent" myself:p)

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Vhaln

Originally posted by wzombie777
    Fixed another one for you. *Gently pets you on the head* 
    If you're gonna do that, might as well get it all...

Originally posted by trash656
    @Fusion Thanks, Fusion.  Yeah, it really looks like a great game.  Like you, I'm sadly stuck playing Starwars TOR with you, until this game is released lol :)
    @Domoto, fenistil
    Yeah, I spelled one word wrong. *rollseyes*
    I think you get the point, though.
    I corrected it for you 20 year old kiddies who get Down syndrome, and drop the smarmy remarks when someone mistypes a word wrong [double negative] on the interweb. Hopefully, now you're ok with it, so that you can understand it *Gently pets you on the head* :)

I hope the game is decent, too 
    (edit: then I went and mispelled "decent" myself:p)

To forgot one, there is no such word as "interweb", it's either internet or the web, interweb is usually said by people who don't understand technological terminology.

:)

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

[mod edit] 

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

[mod edit] 

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by trash656

I really hope that this game is going to be a desent sandbox MMO. I'm so sick of playing all these rehashed versions of WoW over and over again. I was almost about to give up on gaming entirely until I ran into this game and did some research on it. It looks promising. Has anyone here had a chance to play a demo or beta of it yet? and if so. Do you think it is good or not? you don't have to get into detail. I was just wondering if it's a desent game or not.

It's rather subjective as what I think as "decent" might not be what you think is "decent."

I rather enjoyed my limited time in ArcheAge Korean beta, what I like most about the game is the freedom to explore and create. I never approached it as a game to level up in and work my way to the illusion of end-game that other seem to enjoy talking about. Instead I ran around planting trees, chopping them down running to the X location with my backpack of wood to build Y and repeat. Then I was off to explore the world on someone else's ship, traveling to remote islands too forever and I loved every bit it. Yes I am on of those people who prefer MMO's where instant travel is rare and fast travel is relative. ^_^

Over all I can't wait for ArcheAge to come to the West but I know it will be at the very least two years after it releases in Korea and I don't see it releasing this year as it still has some polishing up to do but understandably so, you can toss all the options they are providing in a game MMO or not and expect them all to go off with out any issues. My favorite is the ship collision, while it's in the game it is hardly bug free and you often see ships tumble and fly up in the air. ;-P

The only downside I see is if you don't like PvP, as with most Eastern games ArcheAge is open PvP which tends to work well in the East but in the West... well it often becomes the "wild west". Though ArcheAge has a trial and prison system for this so it might not get out hand and if it does well as with most PvP in the west it will eventually settle down after all the kiddies have tired out and moved on to the next eye candy MMO.

In short this is the furthest thing from World of Warcraft but honestly you can tell that just by watching the videos which there are a quite a few of.

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

"I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!"

So ye, who the **** cares about spelling...

Just that people get a kick out of making fun of others, makes them feel big, even on a board like this, so just ignore them.

And I agree, I hope AA will be good too, I haven't followed it too much, but I've seen some videos and read a bit about it, and it all sounds pretty good to me, but we can't really judge it before we get our hands on it ourselfs.

Edit: the research is a hoax though, you can actually scramble words in a way so that the mind can't read it, even with the first and last letter in the word set correctly, however, it still shows how the mind works, and spelling isn't as important as some might think.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by Unshra

The only downside I see is if you don't like PvP, as with most Eastern games ArcheAge is open PvP which tends to work well in the East but in the West... well it often becomes the "wild west". Though ArcheAge has a trial and prison system for this so it might not get out hand and if it does well as with most PvP in the west it will eventually settle down after all the kiddies have tired out and moved on to the next eye candy MMO.

Even if you like PvP, you might not like what wide open PvP games can devolve into.  Could all too easily turn into a game that's mostly about the gankfest, and everything else falls to the wayside because of it.  I'm wondering if they're still thinking about possible rulesets, or server variations, or anything like that.  Or if they'll start thinking about it, after it launches here.

Which reminds me, what's the reward for PvP?  If killing your own faction is completely unrewarding, I guess people probably won't do much of it.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Originally posted by Vhaln

Even if you like PvP, you might not like what wide open PvP games can devolve into.  Could all too easily turn into a game that's mostly about the gankfest, and everything else falls to the wayside because of it.  I'm wondering if they're still thinking about possible rulesets, or server variations, or anything like that.  Or if they'll start thinking about it, after it launches here.

Which reminds me, what's the reward for PvP?  If killing your own faction is completely unrewarding, I guess people probably won't do much of it.

I agree, this game has all the potential in the world, but if they make the open world pvp...for instance like Darkfall then the game will fail hard, you cant have all the sandbox features and then have a no leash pvp system where kids can grief all day long with the sole intention of making people upset.  I really hope they get the PVP system right, or at least make it reasonable so people who want to play arche age for the pve and sandbox aspects arent left behind in a tornado of anger and dissapointment.

Again...if they make the pvp ruleset like Darkfall my sub will last 1 month, im too old to bother diving into an egofest with 14 year old gamers anymore, frankly i dont know how i lasted so long in darkfall.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

To the orginal poster, you might want to check out sites like ArcheAge Source as they have groups in the game and report on how the game works.

Here is a link reviewing Close Bate Test - 4:

http://archeagesource.com/topic/636-archeage-cbt4-review-and-extensive-game-info/

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

As for AA the most worrying thing is that they still havn´t got a western publisher so it might take years for us to get it unless we learn Korean.

Arent they blocking IP's outside of Korea? at least for now i think that is that situation.

But yeah this could end up being another Asian game they gets all the hype in the world and North Americans wont see it until 2014, been many games that have gone down this road then eventually fail.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Please stick to the topic here. The topic of the thread is ArcheAge, not theOP's spelling.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

I'm really looking forward to this game, however it doesn't look like we will be seeing it for at least another year or two. So it's kinda hard to get hyped over it. 

But I agree, it seems to be a AAA sandbox mmo that a lot of people have been waiting for. I don't really see any other mmo's on the horizon for me that won't remind me of WoW. 

I'd play the game simply for the sea combat...