Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i will play TERA regarldess of what any GW2 fanboy says got it?

Comments

• Superduper69Superduper69 Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by Nadya3

so keep your futile campaign of nonestop trolling all you want.    Tera is the only subscription based mmo with most potential atm,  even more than wow.  

no matter how hard you GW2 rabid fanboys try to put TERA down,  i will play GW2 yes but i will play TERA too.  so those games are perfectly compatible,   i really fail to understand what this trolls are trying to acomplish.    you may end up putting people off  from playing GW2 instead.

honestly this is starting to get silly. 

I am not even a GW2 fanboy and i find this statement hilarious. How can a game which lost half of its servers in a year in Korea has more potential than WOW in west? what are you smoking bro?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

so keep your futile campaign of nonestop trolling all you want.    Tera is the only subscription based mmo with most potential atm,  even more than wow.  

no matter how hard you GW2 rabid fanboys try to put TERA down,  i will play GW2 yes but i will play TERA too.  so those games are perfectly compatible,   i really fail to understand what this trolls are trying to acomplish.    you may end up putting people off  from playing GW2 instead.

and, ofc, threads like this will help in so many ways to calm things down.

Silly indeed.

This is just flamebait.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I would also like to point out the trolls are almost as bad over on the GW2 forums. Its funny how people seem to think only one side does the trolling and the fans of thier select game could never do that.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    It's funny. I don't even need to read the posts of the party-poopers. I only need to see the name of the poster and I know already what the post will contain.

They played the game (worse:don't plan on playing), hate it and here they are. Post after post, in TERA's forums "discussing".
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Originally posted by Superduper69

I am not even a GW2 fanboy and i find this statement hilarious. How can a game which lost half of its servers in a year in Korea has more potential than WOW in west? what are you smoking bro?

Because we are not all haters like you, someone who really frequents this board a lot considering you hate it so much.

Your statement is void because how a game does in Korea does not reflect here in any way, WoW is less popular than TERA in Korea and Aion is the most popular game in the country. While more people play Starcraft 1 and Lineage 1 than play Starcraft 2 or Lineage 2.

Nevermind the fact TERA only did bad in the beginning because they released with no content and the developers really failed in many aspects. Things look brighter here as we will also be getting the 60 content on release from what I have heard.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I don´t see why you can´t like both of them (even if GW2 like others have pointed out isnn´t subscription based).

Personally I did play TERA a weekend and found it pretty fun, I might buy it or might not. Whichever it is I surely enjoyed testing it more than any game for quite a few years (since I first tried GW in 2006 I think). I thought the quests were rather boring though but the combat was fun, the game was pretty and I liked the big seamless world of the game.

I am still more interested in GW2 than TERA though but I can see myself playing both at least for a while. Then I am also interested in TSW, WoDO and Class 4....

Why would a MMO fan only like one game and hate the rest? That some people like GW2 and not TERA is of course nothing strange since we like different games but far from all GW2 fans hate TERA.

If you like TERA you really should play it but that is no reason to not try out the other games as well. GW2 would in fact be perfect as a secondary game if you play a sub based game like TERA since it have no monthly fees.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Because we are not all haters like you, someone who really frequents this board considering you hate it so much.

Your statement is void because how a game does in Korea does not reflect here in any way, WoW is less popular than TERA in Korea and Aion is the most popular game in the country. While more people play Starcraft 1 and Lineage 1 than play Starcraft 2 or Lineage 2.

Nevermind the fact TERA only did bad in the beginning because they released with no content and the developers really failed in many aspects. Things look brighter here as we will also be getting the 60 content on release from what I have heard.

So using logic is being hater now? do you really see Tera overtaking WOW in west? really? and we are the fanboys? ok bro whatever.

Remember this is not about being Tera good or bad but irony of labeling others fanboys when your whole posts reek of it.

• SoSuMeiSoSuMei Member Posts: 24

Maybe they should make these forums like an instance for each person. They could make their thread saying "I think game X is the absolute best ever" and nobody would ever disagree. Maybe they could even impliment a couple automatic replies that say "I think the OP's post is brilliant! A well thought out point of veiw!" 

/sarcasm

My question for the OP.  Do you actually care what random people on the internet think? Because if you don't, then the only reason for making a thread like this is that you expect people to care what you think.

So using logic is being hater now? do you really see Tera overtaking WOW in west? really? and we are the fanboys? ok bro whatever.

Remember this is not about being Tera good or bad but irony of labeling others fanboys when your whole posts reek of it.

When the hell did I state TERA would overtake WoW? Get the hater out of your arse please.

You are in this board on a daily basis, go somewhere else why do people who hate a game feel the need to vocalize about it constantly?

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

TBH, I loathe these emo threads that discuss other users and, worse, other broad groups of users.

We should be here to talk about games, not other forum users ad nauseam.

They need to be shut down as soon as they pop up really, but despite obvious reporting they are allowed to go on for pages and pages.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Hey there, OP, just a little tidbit of advice for ya:

You wanna know how to keep trolls from trollin'? Don't make hypocritically opinionated troll-esque threads bashing trolls and fanboys for trolling and then complain about how THEIR attitude is starting to get silly. :)

When the hell did I state TERA would overtake WoW? Get the hater out of your arse please.

You are in this board on a daily basis, go somewhere else why do people who hate a game feel the need to vocalize about it constantly?

Refering to OP obviously and since you jumped to his defense... if not why are you still tlaking to me? because i am talking specifically about Tera beating WOW in west and not how bad Tera is.

I think your anger is preventing you from reading and thinking properly.

Yeah makign couple of posts on Tera forums on daily basis makes me such a hater. This is not a Tera fansite cup cake.

*rolls eyes*

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Because we are not all haters like you, someone who really frequents this board considering you hate it so much.

No matter what I have it hard to see TERA go against Wow, few games can do that. Wow is just too huge and averybody have heard of it except amish people.

I do agree that how TERA did in Korea have little impact on the western market but from that go to beat Wow are 2 different thing.

I can easily see TERA with a relatively large number of western players, like 350K or so but no P2P MMO have even had 2 million players beside Wow, assuming TERA would do so much better is rather optimistic to say the least and people have stated that this or that game would release it since LOTRO came out but no one been even close.

On the other hand did Rift comb in 100M$ in a year and I can see TERA going up against it.

Refering to OP obviously and since you jumped to his defense... if not why are you still tlaking to me? because i am talking specifically about Tera beating WOW in west and not how bad Tera is.

Yeah makign couple of posts on Tera forums on daily basis makes me such a hater. This is not a Tera fansite cup cake.

*rolls eyes*

You quoted my post and told me I think TERA will overtake WoW in the west.

How is that referring to the O.P? You are clearly being prevented from thinking due the way your brian functions.

• IshoaIshoa Member Posts: 18

True fanboys like myself would realize that even Arena Net stated since GW2 doesn't have a subscription that it would be easier for people to have the game they pay the subscription for (In this case TERA) and then have GW2 and not have to decide which one they are paying for this month. I personally don't have time for 2 MMOs but Arena Net pretty much said, now you can have both :)

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Honestly, I don't know what's going through your mind, but I think you should get some rest. You sound like you're whining 'cause you didn't get dessert when you refused to eat your vegetables.

*rolls eyes*

How is that referring to the O.P? You are clearly being prevented from thinking due the way your brian functions.

Ok i am talking to the OP you jump in to his defense and label me as a hater so i quote your post.... seriously if you just wanted to bash me for giving an opinion you couldn't have been more obvious. How are you any better than people you label fanboys and haters? such irony.

Ok i am talking to the OP you jump in to his defense and label me as a hater so i quote your post.... seriously if you just wanted to bash me for giving an opinion you couldn't have been more obvious. How are you any better than people you label fanboys and haters? such irony.

Whatever, i'm tired and i'll just go to sleep now. Regardless I am just defending TERA in the TERA boards after playing the game. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Edit: Lol shit, didn't even read Nadya's stupid post about TERA having more potential than WoW, no wonder I sound stupid to everyone but myself here. Move along, guy running on 24 hours without sleep here.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

It last half its Server because the game was release unfinished. Level cap only took 2 week to read and end game has only 2 dungeon. Ofc over the past year they fix that, our release probably be on lvl 60 with 9 end game dungeon and hard mode. Wih open world pvp, political system, massive pve event, and in the future server vs server and 10-20man raids. So NA/EU release will have much better retention rate due to more end game content. Also Koreans like grinding, Tera doesn't require any grinding which turns some Koreans away.

Also Tera does have more potential than WoW, having more potential doesn't mean its better than WoW. just means it has more room to grow and IF done right it can beat WoW. Because as of now WoW is a slow sinking ship, i doubt Blizzard is going to do anything drastic changes to is since they working on their new MMORPG. WoW well hold and slowly sink until Blizzard is done.

• Nadya3Nadya3 Member Posts: 348

*rolls eyes*

the OP gives a damn about anything you have to say,  because there is nothing interesting nor constructive that can be produced in your disfunctional brain!

I'm defending TERA on a TERA board,  have played TERA and will continue to do so.

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Watch GW2 release go in flames because of all the over hype created  by the raving fanboys. I'm looking more forward to GW2 release just to watch the fanboy rage on forum because the game isn't the perfect being from heaven here to save them. can't wait. 

Lets just ignore the press beta.

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by StriderXed

Watch GW2 release go in flames because of all the over hype created  by the raving fanboys. I'm looking more forward to GW2 release just to watch the fanboy rage on forum because the game isn't the perfect being from heaven here to save them. can't wait. 

Watching a video of some one playing and commenting on a game is total different from playing the game it self period. Just because that person liked it doesn't mean you like it when you get behind the computer and play it yourself. Also press general generally do more favorable view of largly anticepated games, due to many reasons.

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by StriderXed

Watching a video of some one playing and commenting on a game is total different from playing the game it self period. Just because that person liked it doesn't mean you like it when you get behind the computer and play it yourself. Also press general generally do more favorable view of largly anticepated games, due to many reasons.

SW:TOR would be a fine example of that, let's not forget what happened there. Not saying it's awful but the media hype and video was better than the game itself for many people when it finally got released.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

who cares what game u will play? :O

*rolls eyes*

the OP gives a damn about anything you have to say,  because there is nothing interesting nor constructive that can be produced in your disfunctional brain!

I'm defending TERA on a TERA board,  have played TERA and will continue to do so.

You mean as constructive as your OP? 

*chuckles*

This discussion has been closed.