Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm sorry but...

Not to be disrespectful to all you EQ2 fans but I played Ultima Online, and then I went to SWG (which was ok but I was just to busy in rl to start all over again) but then just lately I started EQ2 and I must say this has got to be one of the worst games. I'm thinking it's Just not my type of Genre but at first I was working my butt off killing the same stuff over and over again in a group with People I didn't know or wish to know. But then I realized that once I had gotten to level 50, there really wasnt gonan be much to do anyways there was no point on working my character just to hate it at the end. Now I'm going to give Mourning a shot, but thank you EQ2 for bringing me into your world for a short time even though I disliked the game, everyone I met was always friendly.

Ultima Online - UO Atlantic Gold for Sale ICQ Me: 321-375-826

Comments

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

What was your character name I'd love to check out your profile.

I love those profiles, really makes it easy to see who's full of it and who isn't, not that I think you might be embelishing a little or anything, I just like to look at the gear a level 50 toon has.

• NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

agreed jodokai.

personally i dont think anyone in their right mind could get to 50 in eq2 and THEN find out they didnt like the game. its a lot to do to get there and i think if you did all that you would know long before 50 if eq2 wasn't the game for you. i know if i wouldnt spend that much time on something i didnt like. i think anyone who gets to lvl 40 or so can't say they dont like the game, but hey, thats just me.

Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

• WarcriminalWarcriminal Member Posts: 244

Read what the man is writing

He is not saying he reached lvl 50. He is speculating on how he would feel WHEN reaching lvl 50

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by AmishFighter 
    But then I realized that once I had gotten to level 50

That clearly says he has GOTTEN to 50.

Also note its easy to rip off someone profile so ask the character ingame.

And yes people are skeptical because of all the posts we have had about "i got to 50 and it so boring" all have been proven to be fakes.

• xminatorxminator Member Posts: 306
    I can imagine it to be a bit boring to hit 50 without a good guild. As for whatever high level content there is I still havent heard much complaining about there beeing little to do. Wasnt there 4 new instances released for the lvl 50 crowd yesterday? If they keep up the current "big patch every 3 weeks" there wont be much problems with boredom :p
  • OnyxBMWOnyxBMW Member Posts: 207

But then I realized that once I had gotten to level 50, there really wasnt gonan be much to do anyways there was no point on working my character just to hate it at the end.

Read the entire thing, the person is saying "Once I had gotten to 50" which can imply he had hit 50, but if you read the REST of the sentence, it states "There really wasn't [gonna] be much to do anyways..." and "...there was no point on working my charachter just to hate it at the end"

If you read the second half of the sentence you'd realize he never actually hit 50.

Needless to say, I have to agree with the poster. To me, and it seems many other people, EQ2 is basically just a visual game with no real substance or "fun."

I hate to sound like a WoW fanboy, but in a direct comparison everyone has to agree WoW is simply more fun to play. Other games that are better? AC1 as of 2-3 years ago, DAoC (not my cup of tea but a seemingly good game none-the-less), hell, even shadowbane is more fun.

(loose quote, forgot the person's name) "EQ2 may have millions of polygons, but WoW has miles of style"

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

I have to say I'm amazed. You obviously haven't hit level 60 in WoW, or you would realize there is no endgame content there either. PvP is all but useless without any penalty or benefit.

The fun factor is a matter of opinion, so I'll leave that alone, but to say "no substance" you've either never played the game, or had no clue what was going on around you. There is more substance there than I have EVER seen in an mmo. If you read the quests, MANY of them tie together in ways you'd never dream of, and never notice until you finish them all and it all clicks.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060

Originally posted by hercules

But then I realized that once I had gotten to level 50

That clearly says he has GOTTEN to 50.

Also note its easy to rip off someone profile so ask the character ingame.

And yes people are skeptical because of all the posts we have had about "i got to 50 and it so boring" all have been proven to be fakes.

its called CONTEXT!!! 

''But then I realized that once I had gotten to level 50, there really wasnt gonan be much to do anyways there was no point on working my character just to hate it at the end.''

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Ok I can see how this can be a little confusing to those that read really fast. But basically you break it down into 2 parts. The first sentence alone would lead you to beleive he may or may not have hit 50. But notice how he follows up with the next sentence. There WASNT going to be much to do anyways and to hate my character in the END clearly show he has not hit level 50 and was not trying to lead you to beleive he had hit 50.

Maybe that helps a few people who have trouble reading a post in its entirety. If not...classes allways help too.

But then I realized that once I had gotten to level 50,

there really wasnt gonan be much to do anyways there was no point on working my character just to hate it at the end.

• WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

ROFL

Will somebody page me when you guys decide whether he's 50 or not =)

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by Wickes

ROFL
    Will somebody page me when you guys decide whether he's 50 or not =)

Agreedimage

I only check this forums every 2 days as I think its gone to hell anyhow but for the sake of keeping my stars for whatever reason here is a post.

Hate using the spam section.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Just like EQ1 its fair to say the real game does not start till post L40

Being in a good guild is essential by theis stage. EQ has always been about the end game and high level raiding. Far from being nothing to do when you hit 50, it all depends on your position in the game.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• AldrethAldreth Member UncommonPosts: 79

"in a group with People I didn't know or wish to know"

I stopped reading right there, if you want a solo game go buy a console. MMORPG's are about working together, if you dont like grouping, play WOW.

Don't get excited about a tax cut. It's like a mugger giving you back fare for a taxi.

This discussion has been closed.