Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill system and builds

I have seen a lot of confusion about how the skill system in TSW works out, and came upon this article, which really gives a lot of information. It also reflects what I experienced when I got to play the game for a few hours.

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/the-secret-world%E2%80%99s-skill-system-is-even-better-than-i-thought/

A little snippet from the article:

My goal in creating a new build from scratch was to make an awesome magic-user focused on critical hits. I did a quick look-up in the convenient search bar for “crit,” which filtered the entire 588 ability list to show me every Magic ability related to critical hits. I wrote down the names of a couple trees that seemed to focus on it and made note of a few outliers tucked away in other trees that might help.

Comments

• LhelLhel Member Posts: 9

Probably the best coverage on the skills to date which I've seen.

The combinations are not endless, but certainly many. I do wonder at the amount of "ultimate" builds you'll see in the game, I suspect we'll never see the end of them. Making your own sound like very good fun as it should be. I enjoy their game philosohy. Also very glad that they pushed the date to June, a few weeks before the exams this year would have been rather disasterous (Academically) I suspect.

• VampiresVampires Member Posts: 75

This just makes me want the game even more!!!