Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a game with a necro raise the dead class

neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

honestly ild play an aoc necro if you could on the ftp mode, but i just dont find it a good enough game to sub for the necro.

 

any other games out there have a fun raise the dead class?  im not looking for warlocks and whatnot, but a full on, necrophiliac type death manipulator, a lich, a reaper, someone that twists their defeated enemy to become their greatest weapon against other foes.

 

f2p or p2p are fine, but i dislike obvious pay to dominate stores (xp pots/skins/name changes who cares, best armor in game=issue)

Comments

  • VinterkrigVinterkrig Member UncommonPosts: 1,792

    path of exile has a necro skill, but in beta still and less mmo / more dungeon crawl

  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

    Originally posted by Vinterkrig

    path of exile has a necro skill, but in beta still and less mmo / more dungeon crawl

    thanks for the info, im checking it out now, looks like a nice throwback to d2 style

  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,015

    Guild Wars if you can stand instanced zones.

  • JTJT Member Posts: 401

    Everquest.

  • cattywhompuscattywhompus Member Posts: 52

    If you don't mind an older game, you can be a minion master in Guild Wars, raising up to 10 undead monsters (of varying types, depending on equipped skills).  You used to be able to raise as many as you wanted, but they nerfed it ages ago because people were running around with like 50 minions.  xD

    It's not really an MMO though, but a lobby game instead.  And some of the minion skills are spread out through the three separate campaigns.  You can read more about the GW MM here:

    http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Minion_master

  • Crake_1Crake_1 Member Posts: 82

    Originally posted by neorandom

    honestly ild play an aoc necro if you could on the ftp mode, but i just dont find it a good enough game to sub for the necro.

     

    any other games out there have a fun raise the dead class?  im not looking for warlocks and whatnot, but a full on, necrophiliac type death manipulator, a lich, a reaper, someone that twists their defeated enemy to become their greatest weapon against other foes.

     

    f2p or p2p are fine, but i dislike obvious pay to dominate stores (xp pots/skins/name changes who cares, best armor in game=issue)

    Guild Wars has what you're looking for. It's old, though, not so many people playing anymore. 

    Guild Wars 2 will have this as well. No release date, but betas are taking place through March and April, and the level of polish is already very high. So a Q3 release is possible.

  • teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

    One of my favrite class concepts wasthe bone dancer from DAoC.  You could have several pets at once.

     

    Vanguard also has a cool twist with the graft mechanic, where you can find crap on mobs you kill to equip on your minion

  • zhombiezhombie Member UncommonPosts: 160

    Originally posted by Crake_1

    Guild Wars has what you're looking for. It's old, though, not so many people playing anymore. 

    Guild Wars 2 will have this as well. No release date, but betas are taking place through March and April, and the level of polish is already very high. So a Q3 release is possible.

    Huh? I still play GW and it's been fairly decent pop for awhile now. Not like hugely overcrowded, but the only time I've been on and it's remotely dead would be very late at night.

    Still, what has been mentioned is best bet: GW has a very fun Necro. I play a minion bomber and a curse/hex necro. GW2 will see me playing a necro again.

    I've heard EQ necro is fun, but I can't get past the graphics for some reason. And a lot of people have been recommending Vanguard.

    ___________~____________
    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. - Oscar Wilde

  • neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

    more games need necros, swtor should have had a dark side sorcerer option to have the dead fighting for you with manipulation of the force.

     

    after all if you can mind control the living while they have a will, why wouldnt the dark side be able to make a corpse fight for you when it has no will and its still warm?!

Sign In or Register to comment.