Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zen points -> Cryptic points -> Dilithium

I don't understand why they had to make it so difficult, there's literally three conversion factors to worry about. Is this just a way for the owner of the game to make money?

Comments

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by sossesi210

I don't understand why they had to make it so difficult, there's literally three conversion factors to worry about. Is this just a way for the owner of the game to make money?

Since it is officially a Free to Play game now, yes.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by sossesi210

You don't need to buy Zen points.  There should be an option to buy a Virtual Cryptic Point ("gift card") cards, which you can redeem yourself.

See here http://startrekonline.com/cryptic_points and http://startrekonline.com/crypticpointscards

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

If your STO account is tied to PWI and you use a PWI point card you recieve zen for your currency and then can convert the zen to crypitc points to use in STO. I assume (dont know as mine is tied to PWI) if your account is tied to Cryptic you would use Cryptic point cards and there would be no need for a conversion. Whether you can use Cryptic point cards when your game is tied to PWI I do not know.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.