Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reason to Play Zentia : Inconceivable Server : Tortoise Fraction

Sian87Sian87 Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I have been gaming since 1997 (15 years), started out with real free to play games, where GMs are practically server owners who spend their real $ hosting the server for players to enjoy. They conduct Events for their players, like how commercial company host event in our real day to day life, however, the only issue is that last time, there were not profit driven, in fact it was actually a cost to run a game. I used WoW and diablo II to relate as i think most players know about these games.

• Whats all this got to do with Zentia then?

Zentia is a free to play mmorpg where you do not really need to spend real money and still be able to achieve what paid players want to achieve. The system does not 100% give paid players the finishing gears, but more so provides paid players the opportunity to catch up with people who are in the game all time round.

This can be said as the events in the server is catered more for the people living on the west side of the globe, event starts around 1 30am for me and stretches for 12h. (im in asia). So it means that for people in the west, you have events all day round, and the events really do benefit players alot.

• Ok, so i may or may not fit the event timing, but what does this game have compared to others?

One awesome thing about Zentia i like is the ability to block or dodge attacks. This is great for PVE on bosses, but totally awesome for PVPing with players. Figuring out what attacks to block (weak attacks) and dodging (stuns/disables/strong attacks) while PVPing makes the game PVP win over those that are just hack and slash or anyone with the higher level or stronger = win theory.

We have level 6x totally pawning level 80s in PVPs here due to the ability to dodge all damging attacks while forcing higher levels to take dmg while waiting for their cool downs or depleting all of their mana.

• i kinda sux at pvp, does that mean i can't play this game?

In Zentia, Players can tame rare mounts/pets or be able to win them from lucky wheel (lottery system). I was able to attain the rarest few stuff that players even after years of playing was unable to get in just a month (kinda why i like the game also). But the fact is, players are given a chance to test their luck in this system to attain rare pets/mounts to aid their battle.

It’s more of bragging rights than overpowered stats. These pets/Mounts would be able to aid players in their PVE or PVP aspect of the game, yes u heard that right, Mount fights. It means that a team of players could be mounted on the same mount while doing their quest or PVPing. Classic built up would be Tanker helming the mount so that all damage goes to him while a healer sits by the side to heal and a dps to damage.

Moreover, every month, there is a chance for players to win a 10-seater rare mount from Royal Hunt Park. It is open for grabs for strong guilds / clans to go for it. Again it comes with bragging rights. I got this mount it in the particular month i was playing.

• i want to know if there are cool gears / costume for me to wear

Zentia has an awesome gear-building system which allows players to socket their equipment. And like every other game, u can put Gem/stones into this socket to have a full 1 socket or 2 socket gear with additional benefits. (This is where u can spend real $ to get full 2 socket easily)

However, Zentia also has a talisman upgrading system where players grow their talisman (level it up) to unlock more bonus , plus it has it particular set of skill tree where you can choose what additional benefits you want it to add. Means u can have 2 of the same talisman, 1 for ATTACK, 1 for Defense (something like that).

Apart for this few stuff to be upgraded, Zentia releases from time to time new costumes which u can wear over to make your character cute / fashionable (this is what real $ buys) or u can choose the in-game unfashionable one. Costumes can be enchanted in game to give 8% (Low),10% (Medium), 12% (Rare), or 15% (Perfect) Additional stats which is again by luck and no real cash buyer is guaranteed 100% to get perfect %.

• But still someone with lots of cash = win?

This is where Zentia is different, alot of stuff requires in game gold to process. So real cash buyers need lots of in game gold to use in the token shop items. Zentia has a token trade where players who don’t use real cash to play can trade their in game gold for Tokens from this token buyers. This way, the real cash players are dependent on the full time players (in game rich), and the in game rich players depend on the token buyers for tokens if they want to boost their game play.

Besides, token buyers can also sell token shop items for in-game gold and it works the same way. Hence, there is a unique economy that is inter-dependent on both sides to fill the gap, however saying that, the game is fully functional without buying anything on token shop. So in short, cash players actually do help boost the game play for the community.

• I want to know about Guild / Community / Events aspect of the game

Guild

The guild function of the game is awesome as it allows lower players to benefit from whatever older players have put effort into building the guild. There are guild quest which gives development points and a pouch which would randomly give good stuff which higher level players will buy.

This concept allows lower or new players to be able to sell these items or provide something that the higher level / oldbies would need from them. After all its randomly spawned, hence newer players would have a chance in surviving in the game economy too.

Development points would then be used by the guild leader to upgrade the guild, or research to unlock treasures where it can be crafted by members of the guild. These treasures provide additional advantage in PVP or PVE as enable classes to be able to cast other classes skills. (kinda like in Diablo 2). So if im a melee class, i can get a treasure that does magical damage so that i can have a chance of going up against someone who is geared for physical damage. Or if i do not have any disable skills, the treasure can give me a fear skill to use on enemies.

Guilds also provide additional stat buffs to all player in the guild which can be upgraded by spending development points. Apart from that, there are other events in the guild which gives random token shop items.

Community

The game has lots of team-base instances as well as challenges where players can team up to do. This are capped at 5 per team. This instances give [Rare] items, same set as those you can get elsewhere but it is a little better with the [RARE] word in front of it. These instances are also very storyline friendly which is in line with main line quest which players who love story line can experience the full exposure of the game.

On the other side, there are World bosses where players can team up to 25 men to do. This enables higher levels to help newer players to level as well as gain the same type of benefits / items that the level 80s are getting. This quest are truly beneficial to the newer players and older players get spam all day by new players for help on such quests.Hence there are certain times of the day where this events would be run and it would kinda be part of the fixed event timing and newer players would be told to wait for the next run by the next high level.

There are also quest which requires higher levels to bring lower level to complete. There is a mentor-apprentice system which enables players to attain additional benefits as well as titles while helping lower levels to level up. There is a marriage system which also give additional titles and quest which each particular system gives additional benefits to the character. However this 2 system benefits is not PVP related. It helps in levelling and purchasing other item sets.

Events

Zentia has many events to help newer players and even end-game players to keep continuing to do them. Apart from the huge amount of experience these event rewards players, it also alert players of timing of spawns of rare mounts, rare resources for collection, higher level boss spawns and rare crystal grabs.

On the lighter side of the events, it has brain teasers, flower planting, hammer mole (like those you see in arcades) as well as protect granny (kinda like castle defense) which all enables players the chance to attain stuff without grinding for it. The system is well cater for a east meets west concept where you can choose to grind for stuff, or u can do events for it. The game also has maze runs other childhood games incorporated into its mini game series.

Its hard to explain the events, one really has to play it to experience how wonderful the game is as compared to others.

• What about end-game content, i don't want to be stuck at cap with nothing to do? (its long)

Discipline Books

In Zentia, after u reach the cap of 80, there is still much you can do with your experience points. There are books which you can level and it is not only restricted to your particular class. This means if there are 300 books out there, u can study all of them, each giving different set of bonus which may or may not be particularly important for your class, however its overall character building.

Back on these books, books for your particular class may give additional skills and abilities which can further enhance gameplay. All of the books available can be learned (no limit) and all of them can be upgraded to your current level.

Mount / Pets

Mounts / Pets can also be upgraded to your current level, and they have unique attribute called potential where u can convert it into skill points for your pets / mount. So even at max level, you can continue to convert skill points for your mount / pets to gain more skill points to further upgrade their skills and abilities.

Pets with special stats can also learn hidden unique skills after they have sufficient skill points to unlock them; this is why you need as many skill points are possible. There is a cap of 8 skills per mount or pet.

Additional stat points

An extra 100 stat points would only be available by "Chance quest" while you are playing in game. There would be "Chance quest" for players to accept to stand a chance to gain extra attribute points.

Painting / Titles

Every single monster out there as well as town has a particular painting. Players can collect these paintings to attain titles which give additional bonus and stats as well as bragging rights. So even at max level, you can see them running low level dungeons just to find paintings which they have miss a long time ago. Or low level can be selling them at a profit when they do their own runs.

Reputation Gears

Players would need to built up reputation with certain fraction by doing daily quests / grinding to have the sufficient reputation / good will with a particular fraction to be able to purchase their gears ( like WOW and many other games). Different fraction gives a particular set of the same given purpose and players can mix and match sets in order to get 2-3 set bonus. (same like wow if you know what im talking about).

Lifeskills / Crafting Gears

This is the real serious stuff, players can choose to learn all lifeskill to craft the end-game gear in this current patch (cap level 80). Each particular PART of the set required a level 8 lifeskill to craft. Meaning, if you want a full set of this crafted set,

you would need to maxout 5 particular life skills, each taking 1-3months to attain. (this is not including gathering skills).

Benefits of this particular set is that, it has all the reputation gear benefits incorporated into it, it is really like a combination of all set. But having said that, players are free to choose how they would want to built their character, this set is awesome as all rounder, but might not be the best in a particular area.

• Zentia is so awesome, but i haven even touch the tip of the ice-berg

The main function of fraction is because of the fraction wars. Players are able to cross fraction to gain the opposite fraction's resources or bosses if they wish to do so. Strong guilds / clan would be able to wreak terror into their opposite fraction to gain what limited resource that both side has.

Ten position test , this test enables the best of the best guilds to test their skills to unlock the server to the next cap. It requires guild be to well geared as well as players to be able to dodge,block and even regulate their mp spend on healing to be able to pass. Test such as this unlock the entire fraction's max level which currently stands at 80 and if unlocked it will be raised to 85.

Apart from all this, there is also a ranking list where it shows you top players in particular aspects for the game, example the person with the most number of titles, highest HP etc etc. So there are many ways or ranks for players to have a go at it to leave their name down in the leader board.

Plus to end it all up, from time to time, GM host events for players to participate which adds the element of surprise as to what would be the new offering or theme for the particular time of the year. Sometimes there are additional giveaways where serial keys are given for players to redeem additional prizes.

Conclusion

• Hence, Zentia is truly a wonderful old-school style concept game where the people hosting is not profit driven, they have provided a game where players can enjoy without being marginalized by cash players, as well as provided the hard-core aspect, excellent PVP, great end game content, cute avatars. So far, this is one game where token shop has not ruin it unlike the previous one where i played which was conquer online that did well for a while to maintain being overrun by cash players

PS : i have not added lots of other content as it is almost impossible to finish this if im going to give details to everything in game. The game is much richer than what is written here and i have also refrain from mentioning "trade secrets" of those in control of the game to give newer players a chance to learn on their own as well as still letting old players keep their advantage.