Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 Is gonna be better Then Skyrim

Comments

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Originally posted by forest-nl

Originally posted by thekid1

Hahaha.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 had a boring plot, story, world and characters.

It all was bland and the storie was hard to follow.

Not saying Skyrim story is all that great but as a little bonus (sarcasm) you have a whole WORLD to explore and do adventures in. Instead of some corridors with static NPC's.

Plus thousends of MODS to follow:)

Yep.

Which are now EXTREMELY easy to find and install thanks to Steam.

By the way, I find you can compare both games because both are RPG's.

Bioware and Bethesda just have a different method of making a RPG.

Lineair corridor which in theory can make story telling more intense vs open world.

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

BioWare should make a movie, not video games.  I really dont like a game where more than half of it is sitting and clicking on a dialogue box. 

-I am here to perform logic

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

I wouldnt be able to choose either or tbh. I love both game series and am greatly excited for each new release. ME2 blew me away. The story for that game really drew me in. It was like being a kid again and not being able to stop playing your N64 for endless hours haha. Im an rpg junkie so I get really caught up in stories :).

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by kareem12345

game of the year 2012 baby

2 different games. 1 is a full open world rpg and the other is a third person shooter rpg not too open world.

cant compare.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Threads like these make me fear for the human race as a species.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • baritone3kbaritone3k Member Posts: 223

The ME games offer some badass gfx on the pc.... it is going to be hard to boycot it, but I love TB's accent.

That being said, the female animation looks terrible. It looks like a second-rate female actress trying to play a man. The arms out from the body shoulders tight "look I'ma lumberjack" crapness of the jog down the hall as a female Shep made me sad. Also - all of the faces are shitty. Everyone voted for the red haired default model based on hair. And the face is bad. Blonde face, red hair would have been great. BUT the edits for the female faces are impossible to make really pretty. It's like Jesus having that thinning, 80s rock god now in his 50s hair thing going. If The Lord had anything less than rock star, thick, beautiful hair, everyone would be an Arab. Shep being the 2nd coming without hotness face is a misstep.

Someone please make a good MMO.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

The sad thing is that people are going to buy this game therefore this bullshit anymore of companies running roughshod over long term customers to continue, very very sad. Grow a set of balls and boycott this game and the practices of EA and yes Bioware.

• BoreilBoreil Member UncommonPosts: 448

NO it won't, its sci-fi end of story .

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Mass Effect 3 is set to ravage player's wallets through DLC, including some that development time has been spent on before release, but was cut from the game to sell more DLC.  It's literally on the scale of Train Simulator games, tons of things to buy just to get all the content, for hundreds of dollars.

It's pathetic and I won't be buying this game.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

i was actually gonna start a thread saying the opposite. Skyrim has spoiled me with the radiant quests and open world. i just dont see myself enjoying ME3 like i enjoyed ME2. i logged about 250 hours beating ME2 on insanity about 8 times, loved the game. i have to be honest, when i tried the ME3 demo i went from "sure buy" to "will wait for several reviews to come out" because i smell DA2 all over again. the game just reeks of dumbing down, and im not sure if im in the mood for a completely on-rails experience.

i may just stick with Skyrim for another few months until GW2 comes out. if i do play ME3, it will be in a way so that BW doesnt get my money.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by baritone3k

The ME games offer some badass gfx on the pc.... it is going to be hard to boycot it, but I love TB's accent.

That being said, the female animation looks terrible. It looks like a second-rate female actress trying to play a man. The arms out from the body shoulders tight "look I'ma lumberjack" crapness of the jog down the hall as a female Shep made me sad. Also - all of the faces are shitty. Everyone voted for the red haired default model based on hair. And the face is bad. Blonde face, red hair would have been great. BUT the edits for the female faces are impossible to make really pretty. It's like Jesus having that thinning, 80s rock god now in his 50s hair thing going. If The Lord had anything less than rock star, thick, beautiful hair, everyone would be an Arab. Shep being the 2nd coming without hotness face is a misstep.

badass graphics only dont make a game boycott proof

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Following on from da2 and torcraft I highly doubt it
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

What kind of mods do people get for Skyrim that keeps them playing so many hours? 

I don't own skyrim and probably won't until it hits the bargain bin.  Not that I don't think I'll like it, but I'm in no rush.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by Thorbrand

I think ME3 is just going to be a dumbed down ME1 and ME2. I can say the demo sure didn't convince me to buy the game.

this this and this. i was so hyped for ME3 until i played the demo and now im just confused and paranoid.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

lol no

more like this:

Originally posted by sonoggi

Originally posted by Thorbrand

I think ME3 is just going to be a dumbed down ME1 and ME2. I can say the demo sure didn't convince me to buy the game.

this this and this. i was so hyped for ME3 until i played the demo and now im just confused and paranoid.

Yea. I will not buy it. Seriously.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

comparing ME3 to skyrim is like comparing COD games to Counter strike.

COD servers shut down mostly after 2 years while CS still running because fans keep it running and yet people still play it.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Big words for a game that has yet to be released, while Skyrim has been around for several months, has been receiving mods to tweak and improve the game.   Not to mention the Creation Kit tools have been released, and the scope and potential of fans / modders is finally fully unleashed for the game, and will only get even better.

Skyrim has been getting improved since day 1, officially by Bethesda with their patches and the *massive and FREE* Hi-Res DLC (take a hint EA / BioWare and your dirty Day 1 DLC practice for ME3).  And of course, unofficially with the many mods out there.  Hell, to kind of make it sort of official, Steam now has a section to allow you to browse some mods and download them from Steam.

Originally posted by Quesa

Threads like these make me fear for the human race as a species.

If you know anything about history, you'd already know we're screwed.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

I found the constant zone loads of ME1,2 to anoying to bother buying them before they ware in the discount rack at Steam and i'm sure ME3 will be more of the same.

The game has far to many shortcomings for me to pay full price. I'll wait 3-4 months for it to hit the bargan rack

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

After the rush job they did on DA2 I have serious doubts concerning ME3. I loved ME1 and thought ME2 was a good game but with the obvious EAifacation of Bioware I think their glory days may be behind them. They may have just been in a slump but with EAs track record of buying up great developers and burying them I don't have high hopes for Bioware's future.

As for ME3 being better than Skyrim... If what I saw in the demo was any indication of what the whole game will be like... Not even close. ME3 will probably be a good game but Skyrim has reached a level of greatness that no game has achieved in like the last ten or so years. I run into people every day at work that I would have never pegged as gamers telling me how much they love Skyrim. Some of these people are people I've known for years and they have never even mentioned gaming to me once but in the last few months every time I see them all they want to talk about is Skyrim.

Skyrim is a game that will go down as a milestone in gaming history. ME3 will just be another game.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• FntSize72LOLFntSize72LOL Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by rojo6934

2 different games. 1 is a full open world rpg and the other is a third person shooter rpg not too open world.

cant compare.

The truth.

Skyrim and Mass Effect are totally different, and are both good games in their respective genres. I am a big fan of the Mass Effect games, even though i do not like the direction Bioware/EA has been taking with some of their current IP's. Unfortunately, Mass Effect 3 will not be a day 1 purchase for me. I don't have the heart to boycott it but there is no way in hell i'm paying full price for an unfinished game. I'll wait for a GOTY, or atleast some sort of collectors down the road when its on sale or something. That being said, i don't think its possible to mess up on ME3 as bad as they did with DA2, so i'm confident that it'll be a good game, unfortunately i'll have to wait a little bit to enjoy it.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Brenelael
    After the rush job they did on DA2 I have serious doubts concerning ME3. I loved ME1 and thought ME2 was a good game but with the obvious EAifacation of Bioware I think their glory days may be behind them. They may have just been in a slump but with EAs track record of buying up great developers and burying them I don't have high hopes for Bioware's future.

As for ME3 being better than Skyrim... If what I saw in the demo was any indication of what the whole game will be like... Not even close. ME3 will probably be a good game but Skyrim has reached a level of greatness that no game has achieved in like the last ten or so years. I run into people every day at work that I would have never pegged as gamers telling me how much they love Skyrim. Some of these people are people I've known for years and they have never even mentioned gaming to me once but in the last few months every time I see them all they want to talk about is Skyrim.

Skyrim is a game that will go down as a milestone in gaming history. ME3 will just be another game.

Bren

Skyrim is what WoW is for mmo's Skyrim is already a milestone in gaming history never have a RPG like this been praised and sold so many copys ever 11million and counting.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Don't think so. Game of the year 2012 is going to be Call of Duty: Black Poop 2 D=

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Mass Effect 3 was releases already, its called SWTOR. It has even a multiplayer part.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Nope,that will go to The Witcher 2 on the xbox 360,bioware have had their time in the sun.

• minime2minime2 Member Posts: 113

After playing the mess Bioware made of Swtor i wont be buying anything they make in the future . First and last game i buy from them ever .