Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Effect 3 Is gonna be better Then Skyrim

game of the year 2012 baby

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I think ME3 will be a great game for 30-40 hours worth of play. And may very well be GOTY for many people. Probably not for me tho.

My PC version of skyrim that I have modded to the hilt will be MY  GOTY.  While ME 3 will entertain me for 40 hours, I have sunk around 200 hours into Skyrim so far and still play it regularly.

Its all a matter of opinion tho. ME3 will be a great game for sure, either way you look at it. Cant wait =)

• Trolldefender99Trolldefender99 Member UncommonPosts: 416

For story, it will probably be better. But because EA owns Bioware, and EA is having Bioware release DLCs on release day that was taken out of the full game and countless DLCs that are being released on release day in various places...I won't be buying it.

For open world gameplay and "living in the world" and countless PC mods (which I imagine some are going to be epic)...Skyrim is way better. But that was released last year and already got game of the year award.

I do really like the Mass Effect universe though, one of my favorite Sci-Fi universes.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

no it wont...not even close

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Better than. And no, I doubt it.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I'm suddenly in the mood for some Hamburger Helper.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I don't know about being better than Skyrim as  I haven't really played Skyrim yet. Not taht the two games are comparable anyway.

But yes I can't wait till the 9/3! 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I think ME3 is just going to be a dumbed down ME1 and ME2. I can say the demo sure didn't convince me to buy the game.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

They are both so different and have a different appeal. I love the ME series but have also loved the Elder Scroll series. Each have some great elements. Skyrim is awesome, open world, lots to do. ME3 will be a great game with fantastic story elements and lots of squad based action (well, if a squad = 3). I think Sheppard is an outstanding character.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by MMOarQQ

I'm suddenly in the mood for some Hamburger Helper.

Quite possibly one of the best responses I've seen in over five years on this forum.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I'm not an Mass Effect fan not my type of game, but it does look like a great game none the less, though be prepeared to pay extra for the missing bits they have taken out to sell as DLC,  I think what Bioware and EA have done is absolutely disgusting, and is a stab in the back for the fans.  If this sort of thing is going to be the norm from developers then my money will stay in my pocket, I wont be blackmailed by corporate greed.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Mods. That word is the reason ME3 will never be better than skyrim. Unless Bioware releases a robust Dev Kit so people can create new content. Nothing will ever beat out Macho Man Dragons. NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOHHHH YYYEEEEEEEAAAAHHH!!

BOOYAKA!

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by kareem12345
    game of the year 2012 baby

Lol this is funny and sad at the same time:P

Skyrim is a open free roaming world with a MOD community so big that you can almost say all games combined are still jealous of size of Elder Scrolls mod community.

Masseffect3 is a action game with alot of limitations and mediocre RPG elements.

2 totally different games BTW.

As of this moments i even think Skyrim sold prolly near 11 million copys world wide thats hard to beat for alot games good luck ME3 and its a pure RPG thats GIGANTIC sales for RPG game.

I still wish Masseffect 3 good luck all tho bioware is not in same league as Bethesda so prolly sell maybe 5 million MAX?...witch is not bad btw.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

Originally posted by biggarfoot
    I'm not an Mass Effect fan not my type of game, but it does look like a great game none the less, though be prepeared to pay extra for the missing bits they have taken out to sell as DLC,  I think what Bioware and EA have done is absolutely disgusting, and is a stab in the back for the fans.  If this sort of thing is going to be the norm from developers then my money will stay in my pocket, I wont be blackmailed by corporate greed.

Simple solution to DLC GREED EA/Bioware these days have.

Dont buy there games problem solved and believe me it hurts them.

• tavtavtavtav Member Posts: 26

I've only seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&feature=g-u-u&context=G2f1206cFUAAAAAAAAAA that, and while it looks cool, the corporate greed/chiseling (thanks for the spoiler btw bioware, dumbshits!) + that awful, awful female sprint animation is enough for me to pass on this one till it's cheaper, or just borrow it from a friend once they get sick of it as everyone eventually does of bioware games.

That, and after TOR I'm a bit conversation wheel'd out... 

Oh, also the $80 collector's edition makes me feel like I'm being trolled. 

• VryheidVryheid Member UncommonPosts: 469

Comparing Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect is like comparing LotR and Harry Potter. Each franchise has their own focus and own strengths, and are only unified under the vague banner of "action RPG".

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

i LOVE mass effect but no ... not even close.

in fact i have to replay ME2 so i can save Jack.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

after playing the demo.. i am pretty sure i wont be spending 1 coin on this crap.

Mass Effect 1 was nice.. 2 went really in a bad direction.. and looks like they managed to screw it even more with Mass effect 3.. go figure.

Now comparing this crap to Skyrimm.. *sigh* its like comparing a Mini with a  Porsche.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

I wish I could say I am done with EA games, but I am playing Reckoning, after the SW:TOR debacle and the DLC crap that is going on I doubt it EA/BW in my opion are just out for cash now. On top of all that DA2 just kinda blew chunks, maybe some of that hamburger helper type chunks :P and did nothing to reinforce my previous statement that they are just our for the cash now.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Apples and oranges. Exactly.

It's like saying that Mass Effect 3 is better than Madden 2012. They just really aren't the same thing whatsoever.

• TirinasTirinas Member Posts: 117

Originally posted by Jakard

Apples and oranges. Exactly.

It's like saying that Mass Effect 3 is better than Madden 2012. They just really aren't the same thing whatsoever.

Really silly indeed, at least you don't get a laser to the knee with madden.

• DreadbladeDreadblade Member Posts: 384

Honestly the more I read and watch about this new ruse by Bioware I have to go with a boycott of ME3, this is total bullshit and Bioware has sold out it's long time customers for money.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Hahaha.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 had a boring plot, story, world and characters.

It all was bland and the storie was hard to follow.

Not saying Skyrim story is all that great but as a little bonus (sarcasm) you have a whole WORLD to explore and do adventures in. Instead of some corridors with static NPC's.

Originally posted by thekid1
    Hahaha.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 had a boring plot, story, world and characters.
    It all was bland and the storie was hard to follow.

Not saying Skyrim story is all that great but as a little bonus (sarcasm) you have a whole WORLD to explore and do adventures in. Instead of some corridors with static NPC's.

Plus thousends of MODS to follow:)

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Well, words like fun and better' are subjective.  Personally I don't think there is chance in hell ME3 will be anywhere near Skyrim on the fun factor.  I liked ME1, didn't even finish ME2, not even going to buy ME3.  But maybe to you kareem12345, ME3 will be better.  I can tell you that no matter what, the game will have a 90+ metacritic score.  Don't bite the hand that feeds you!