Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there VO in this game?

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Never really tried the game out, but I heard there is good amount of VO. Is there main story, which is done in VO?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

There is some voice over yes and I wish the whole game had it because it would be loads better in terms of immersion if it did. Many quest givers in EQ2 have interesting things to say, lore wise.

I wouldn't say there is a main story as in one linked directly to your character but each zone has quest lines that lead on from one another, make sense, and tend to come to a partial close before you head off into the next zone. I don't know what the two latest expansions content is like but I hear they don't have voiceover. It kinda depends with zone you start in and which ones you choose to adventure in.. some have some voiceover and others don't

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

There was but then they took it out because SOE like to rush expansions out full of poor content.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Originally posted by Vannor

There is some voice over yes and I wish the whole game had it because it would be loads better in terms of immersion if it did. Many quest givers in EQ2 have interesting things to say, lore wise.

I wouldn't say there is a main story as in one linked directly to your character but each zone has quest lines that lead on from one another, make sense, and tend to come to a partial close before you head off into the next zone. I don't know what the two latest expansions content is like but I hear they don't have voiceover. It kinda depends with zone you start in and which ones you choose to adventure in.. some have some voiceover and others don't

^ This is right, most of the VO are in starting areas, it seems to me.

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Vannor

No thanks!

Considering the huge amount of text you often have to click through before you're offered a quest, I'm glad the whole game doesn't have VO. In other games I try to read through quest info, at least when doing main/major quest series. In EQ2 I never do that, cause it's simply way too much. And this will never be added - SOE won't spend millions on this, there's no doubt about that.

OP: Yes, there's quite a lot of VO in this game. Not only that, lots of npcs will start talking whenever you get close to them. What tixylix say ("there was but then they took it out...") is wrong. They haven't removed it, and there's VO in newest expanded areas too.