Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So TSW's combat system is more like GW2 or TERA?

13»

Comments

• SereliskSerelisk Member Posts: 836

Originally posted by noturpal

just say it already man.  Support will be a required for any high level pvp or pve encouter, AND SOME CLASSES DO THAT BETTER THAN OTHERS.   take off the rose colored glasses, its OK, just blame izzy.

Support will be required in every high level encounter in the game. That's how the combat system is built... It's imperative that every profession fill out all three roles of support, damage, and control in any given fight. It's a staple of the group dynamic and the reason for swappable weapons.

Now it's your burden to give us evidence that a profession in Guild Wars 2 supports allies better than  the others. Because as far as Arena Net have told us, which is the only thing we can actually go by since no one has had any extensive amount of time to play the high level content outide of ArenaNet, every class is just as viable with each of the roles. If they weren't, it would undermine the core philosophy of their goal for combat.

Unless you're trolling and I missed the setup.

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217

The new trinity - damage, support & control. Just kidding :) Hybrids are awesome.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by Serelisk

Now it's your burden to give us evidence that a profession in Guild Wars 2 supports allies better than  the others. Because as far as Arena Net have told us, which is the only thing we can actually go by since no one has had any extensive amount of time to play the high level content outide of ArenaNet, every class is just as viable with each of the roles. If they weren't, it would undermine the core philosophy of their goal for combat.

Actually, that's not quite true, Anet have stated several times that some professions can specialize more in one role than others. The point is that no profession can specialize so much in one role that they completely exclude the other roles. Even the most absurdly defense-specced guardian will still be required to do damage and support as well.

The system of TSW does allow for similar dynamics. The difference is that if you absolutely want to specialize on one role only, you can, whereas in GW2 you cannot.

The question, at least to me, is: why would I ever want to limit myself like this again?

• VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71

TSW is heavily based on group or at least on dynamic duo. Stance mechanic promotes cooperation. Much more than in other mmos. BUT you can you can have 2 weapons = 2 skill sets. So you can make nice autosynergy deck. Perhaps not so powerfull like "group deck" but still powerfull.