Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new skill runes Ruined the game once and for all.

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Today is the new reveal about the new skill system.I was waiting for this game ready to go for some rune hunting keeping me interested all the time even after i hit lvl 60.

Now with their new crap system every 60 will have all the runes he wants.

That was the biggest mistake ive seen.

Do u remember the chief producer saying these guys are going to kill it with diablo?Well he was actually meaning it.They are going to destroy the game and with the patch 13 and the new skill system they made the game total fail.

Some people cant see it yet bit i assure u that with this system the game is ruined.

Diablo is all about hunting now we have less hunting less fun and the game goes worse and worse.

Comments

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

They were saying how the rune stones were adding an unnecessary and tedious amount of clutter to your inventory.  That's why they were removed.  Direct quote from Jay Wilson:

"Our goal with the rune system has always been to provide additional character customization by allowing players to augment or completely alter their skills in new and significant ways. Originally, we tied this in to the itemization system because it felt like a good fit, as Diablo is all about the item drops. But with around 120 base skills, that meant there were around 600 rune variants; on top of that, each variant had five quality levels each, meaning ultimately there would be something like 3,000 different runes in the game… and we knew we were heading toward a problem.

Diablo is certainly about the items, but later in the game, having to juggle all of those various runes was not only un-fun, it was a serious and tedious inventory problem. We went through a number of different iterations, some of which we fully implemented and tested, to try to solve these fundamental issues while still keeping the customization intact. Ultimately we developed, implemented, and have been playing and testing a new system which we’re confident hits all of the desired mechanics and solves all of the related issues – and that’s what I’m going to talk about today and what you’ll see in Beta patch 13."

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I'm upset with the removal of bartering.

One of my most memorable times in Diablo 2 was joining the Trading Games and taking turns showing off the goods. In Diablo 3, we have a Auction House on the main menu that is flooded with Real Cash Trading.

We can't even make our own games in Diablo 3. No more Baal Runz 4, Andy 34, Trist 3, Bring SOJs, PKPKPK, Freeeee, Free, Freeeeeeeee, Need Free, Cow Level Here, etc....

The game browser is nothing more than a "Select which quest you are on" and it will throw people together - much like Call of Duty MW2's Multiplayer Interface.

The D3 gameplay is fantastic. The social realm and economy is destroyed.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by mmoDAD

One of my most memorable times in Diablo 2 was joining the Trading Games and taking turns showing off the goods. In Diablo 3, we have a Auction House on the main menu that is flooded with Real Cash Trading.

We can't even make our own games in Diablo 3. No more Baal Runz 4, Andy 34, Trist 3, Bring SOJs, PKPKPK, Freeeee, Free, Freeeeeeeee, Need Free, Cow Level Here, etc....

The game browser is nothing more than a "Select which quest you are on" and it will throw people together - much like Call of Duty MW2's Multiplayer Interface 

Duh, why allow barting when you can have a real money auction house and take percentage of everything?

If people can barter that might hurt the profit of the AH.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Loke666

The game browser is nothing more than a "Select which quest you are on" and it will throw people together - much like Call of Duty MW2's Multiplayer Interface 

Duh, why allow barting when you can have a real money auction house and take percentage of everything?

If people can barter that might hurt the profit of the AH.

image Definitely would hurt profits from the RMAH system they want to begin.

• MMOarQQMMOarQQ Member Posts: 636

I'm actually looking forward to buying full sets of end level armor/runes for 2$ thanks to the competitive Chinese/Indian/South American market.

Oh wait... Why would I be playing a "gear centric" game in the first place?

-confusion-

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

When I first saw the change I thought WOOT! but think about it for a while, once you've leveled and char or two you'll be swimming in runes, inventory and stash will be filled with runes you don't need and you be throwing them away like white items.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by zethcarn

They were saying how the rune stones were adding an unnecessary and tedious amount of clutter to your inventory.  That's why they were removed.  Direct quote from Jay Wilson:

"Our goal with the rune system has always been to provide additional character customization by allowing players to augment or completely alter their skills in new and significant ways. Originally, we tied this in to the itemization system because it felt like a good fit, as Diablo is all about the item drops. But with around 120 base skills, that meant there were around 600 rune variants; on top of that, each variant had five quality levels each, meaning ultimately there would be something like 3,000 different runes in the game… and we knew we were heading toward a problem.

Diablo is certainly about the items, but later in the game, having to juggle all of those various runes was not only un-fun, it was a serious and tedious inventory problem. We went through a number of different iterations, some of which we fully implemented and tested, to try to solve these fundamental issues while still keeping the customization intact. Ultimately we developed, implemented, and have been playing and testing a new system which we’re confident hits all of the desired mechanics and solves all of the related issues – and that’s what I’m going to talk about today and what you’ll see in Beta patch 13."

Yeah it takes up space where you could be collecting things to SELL IN THE RMAH lol.

Game is going to suck balls.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by 69Cuda

Originally posted by zethcarn

Yeah it takes up space where you could be collecting things to SELL IN THE RMAH lol.

Game is going to suck balls.

RMAH means I can have a second job AND play a game...it's like win/win :P

• You mean pay money to SKIP actually playing the game, right?

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Kaneth

So you still think that you will sell something wen the bots, farmers, and gold selling mafias overload the RMAH with cheap rare items?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Banisco

So you still think that you will sell something wen the bots, farmers, and gold selling mafias overload the RMAH with cheap rare items?

Truth is no one knows yet how the RMAH is going to pan out in terms of item avaliability or prices, real players will vastly out number bots (not that they will be effective in D3) and farmers, so the chances are it will be the real players who drive the market and prices.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by expresso

Truth is no one knows yet how the RMAH is going to pan out in terms of item avaliability or prices, real players will vastly out number bots (not that they will be effective in D3) and farmers, so the chances are it will be the real players who drive the market and prices.

You cant imagine how i wish you were rigth.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Man even though I cannot stand NC,  L/E is looking far better than D3 and even TL2 for that matter.  Blizzard has been getting fat and lazy over the years it seems.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• gaboxgabox Member UncommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by stayontarget

Man even though I cannot stand NC,  L/E is looking far better than D3 and even TL2 for that matter.  Blizzard has been getting fat and lazy over the years it seems.

Indeed

• atzer0atzer0 Member Posts: 19

This! Bartering brought a whole new dimension to playing the game, and I have bypassed D3 altogether when I heard about the AH.

I was astonished by Path to Exiles bartering system though, and I am definetly intrigued about the release of the game.

Originally posted by Nailzzz
    The one thing that i miss about the world pre-internet is that people used diary's to write down all the retarded crap they had floating around in there head's and no one ever had to see it.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

It does appear that no matter how the RMAH pans out, the true winners will be Blizz by creating a revenue stream from a primarily single-player game with PvP elements to be added later.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I want to make money from selling stuff on the RMAH just like everyone else.

Seems like there will be more sellers than buyers :)

• HurvartHurvart Member Posts: 565

Originally posted by Grailer

I want to make money from selling stuff on the RMAH just like everyone else.

Seems like there will be more sellers than buyers :)

Perfect items that are the best of the best will probably be very expensive. The same item with medium good stats will not cost much 1-2 months after release.

Normal players wanting to sell items will not be able to compete with professional farmers that are running a team of bots 24/7... You cant do that in any game. Thats just the way it is.

We will have to see. But I guess there will be more sellers that want high prices than buyers willing to pay that much. Prices will be high at first. But they will soon start to fall and fast.

So I dont think getting rich selling things is realistic in D3.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

teenagers selling everything they find for 1 cent? : P  if its possible to set the price that low anyway

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by reignjuste

Today is the new reveal about the new skill system.I was waiting for this game ready to go for some rune hunting keeping me interested all the time even after i hit lvl 60.

Now with their new crap system every 60 will have all the runes he wants.

That was the biggest mistake ive seen.

Do u remember the chief producer saying these guys are going to kill it with diablo?Well he was actually meaning it.They are going to destroy the game and with the patch 13 and the new skill system they made the game total fail.

Some people cant see it yet bit i assure u that with this system the game is ruined.

Diablo is all about hunting now we have less hunting less fun and the game goes worse and worse.

sadly, the best thing about diablo3 is torchlight2.

• unrealazunrealaz Member UncommonPosts: 19

Regarding barthering you have the public chat you do know that no? You go there, than create a game, invite a player to it and give him the item directly.

And on topic would you rather have 3000 different runes drop so you would go bananas before finding the one you need or have them all and chose your play style and the drop would then be focused on sets/uniques etc?

Also with the Valor of Nephalem system after you reach level 50 you will not want to change your skills too much.

• deathangelldeathangell Member CommonPosts: 85

well the reason why they want everyone to have all the runes is because they were trying to push for a fair pvp system and 1 less thing for people to complain about when pvp finally arrives. Because we all know people would blame it on not having that super hard to find rune that made something stronger or do somethign different. Specially sense they have already anounced that alot of the best gear will be rare which means those yellow items that have random stats.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by Axxar

You mean pay money to SKIP actually playing the game, right?

I forsee a time when we will be paying to NOT play the game, just go to the  end game.  Why bother with all that boring entertainment crap when you can pay to get the end credits and show everyone you WON!!!   ... sorry my sarcasm took over.  I really do not see why a single player game has a RMAH but then I am old and used to the "Old Way".

Currently bored with MMO's.

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665

Originally posted by deathangell

well the reason why they want everyone to have all the runes is because they were trying to push for a fair pvp system and 1 less thing for people to complain about when pvp finally arrives. Because we all know people would blame it on not having that super hard to find rune that made something stronger or do somethign different. Specially sense they have already anounced that alot of the best gear will be rare which means those yellow items that have random stats.

I haven't been following the game too closely but the removal of the runes (Finding and combining them) is kind of depressing. It added another layer to the previous game that I really enjoyed. Finally finding or trading that last piece after searching for ages for the word I wanted was very satisfying. Part of the search though was waiting for the right person to come along, I think the auction house will already ruin this part for me. With one click I could have it.

As for the above post, the pvp in D2 was horribly imbalanced yet it never took away from the fun I had with it. Quite the opposite. Playing an underdog class made it that much more fun for me when I was doing really well. All developers seem to read is people complaining about balance. The lack of balance is usually what keeps people playing it, whether they want to play the OP class or the UP one. Most games tap into this under the guise of "balancing classes" by making the so called FoTM classes.  If everyone is a carbon copy, it's simply not a RPG. Being able to at least make your character semi unique is part of the genre. I will be happier when they stop trying altogether. I have only seen devs break more things trying for balance than fixing them.

As for the RMAH, I will have to wait and see how it plays out and how it affects my gameplay differently from Diablo 2.

(Sorry for long post)

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

Originally posted by ElderRat

Originally posted by Axxar

You mean pay money to SKIP actually playing the game, right?

I forsee a time when we will be paying to NOT play the game, just go to the  end game.  Why bother with all that boring entertainment crap when you can pay to get the end credits and show everyone you WON!!!   ... sorry my sarcasm took over.  I really do not see why a single player game has a RMAH but then I am old and used to the "Old Way".

Your statement is very true. Of course, people have already been doing that in MMORPGs.

They're power-leveling to end-game because they've convinced themselves that the 10-20% of an MMO that constitutes "end game" is where "the real game" is, and the 80%-90% of the game that comprises everything else is "useless filler".

Or, they're buying power-leveling services to let some 3rd party company do all the tedious work for them.

Or they're outright buying "completed" characters.

Ever notice how many people ask "how fast can you get to level cap" before they've even started playing? For some reason that's beyond me - maybe I'm playing a different version of each MMO than they are - people seem to feel there's nothing worth doing in the lower levels. For me, this raises the question of how they can possibly know that if they're not spending any time to actually  experience any of it.

It's like saying I want to get straight to the dessert because the food at a restaurant is terrible. When asked what I had before that was terrible, I say "well, nothing, because it's all terrible. The only reason to eat here is for the dessert". I would fully expect someone to ask me "How do you know it's terrible if you've never eaten it?". And that would be a very good question.