Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've heard that AT-STS were weak in PVP.

Is that true? I thought they would be fun to control, and strong, too. image

Zephrith

Comments

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Master Rifle

Equipped with a T21 Rifle

Equipped with Composite armor with major Energy resistance %

Doctor Buff + Musician Buff + Vasarian Brandy

First I kill the Imperial that even dared pulling out his ATST in front of me.  Easily taken down.  Next I destroy the ATST on my own with much ease.

Why?  Cause the T21 Rifle can pierce Heavy Armor, which is what the ATST has.  It keeps shooting at me, but I only take 30% of it's potential damage cause my Composite Armor has 70% Energy Resistance.  I spam StrafeShot about 10 times and it's down.

Of course that was many months ago cause recently, no Imperial dare call out their ATST unless they are with other Imperials around them or other imps call out their ATST's at the same time.

They are somewhat weak... especially against Riflemen!  Well, I guess the fact that I was a Master Rifleman + Master Fencer also helped.  I only took the Fencer profession for it's defences, I never really fought with my sword, Rifleman dealt too much damage for what I needed. :)

But like most items in this game, the ATST is more like a Trophy to show off rather than wasting it in PVP and risking the chance to lose over 1 month worth of grinding for nothing.  If you see someone pulling out his ATST, you know he's a dedicated Imperial!

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

The system changes now (already on testcenter).

In the future you can pull out an AT ST and NOT fear having it killed by some PvP player killer  .... you can be pvE enabled, PvP enabled or civilian. In PvE you fight the Galactic Civil War, but NEVER against players if you dont want ... only against NPCs.

And against those your AT ST will be quite useful and stylish.

Have fun

Erillion

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Originally posted by Erillion

The system changes now (already on testcenter).
    In the future you can pull out an AT ST and NOT fear having it killed by some PvP player killer  .... you can be pvE enabled, PvP enabled or civilian. In PvE you fight the Galactic Civil War, but NEVER against players if you dont want ... only against NPCs.
    And against those your AT ST will be quite useful and stylish.
    Have fun
    Erillion

Holy poop!!!!!

Well already you can have a high level X-Wing fly by a newbie Tie-Fighter, and as long as neither of them are declared, neither of them can attack each other.  Which is sweet!  Well even if they could, at least you don't lose your Tie-Fighter forever... you can just repare it just like new.

If the same can happen to ATST's, that'll be cool!

But I have a hard time seeing that happen.  I mean think about it, you could farm Imperial faction points soooooo easily that way!  Take a few missions, pull out your ATST, rape all the rebel NPCs, gain so much faction with such ease, repeat!   Or... they will nerf ATST???  Oh gawd... if they nerf ATST then no one will ever pull one out during PVP, only against PVE rebels. :P

Oh I know... in PVE Enabled, your ATST is slightly weaker, when you go PVP enabled, it becomes an uber pet!

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P