Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played Alan Wake today instead of SWTOR

2»

Comments

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107

Amnesia never really grabbed me either, played about an hour of it and gave up pretty bored. On a side note ill revise my earlier statement in the thread that Uncharted 3 was a bit of a lietdown. Just finished it and its an incredible game.

Ill keep off ToR for now and move onto Dark Souls...

r.i.p. c!

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Alan Wake is a great game including the DLC's.  It's good to see something different for a change.

• KwanseiKwansei Member UncommonPosts: 334

I thought about playing SWTOR one last time before my sub runs out, then oddly enough working even more on my dissertation (even editing ><) seemed like more actual fun >.> go figure

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

Originally posted by elocke

And I am so glad I did.  This game is awesome and pulls me into the story far better than SWTOR could even hope to do.  Anyway, not to gripe about SWTOR, but seriously, I recommend this game for those who haven't played it on Xbox, like myself.  It just hit the PC and it's a blast.  

That's because TOR should have been Knights of the Old Republic 3 and not have tried to turn it into a MMO! Should have been single player with 2 to 4 player Co op.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Originally posted by elocke

Originally posted by Vesavius

Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

If you like tense horror that game is the best one I have played personally... definitely one that made me take regular breaks to de-stress lol.

Nice, I'll have to check it out.  I haven't played a horror game since Silent Hill 4.

I highly recommend this game.

If you are the type of person who can lose yourself in a game and the moment it is a very scary game. Best of all, you can't fight. It's run, hide or go mad. image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LittlebombLittlebomb Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by Vesavius

Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

If you like tense horror that game is the best one I have played personally... definitely one that made me take regular breaks to de-stress lol.

Amnesia is stupid scary. That game takes horror to a level I don't ever want to experiece again.

Speaking of which I just tried to play scp-087 and that game is also crazy scary to play with headphones in the dark.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

is Alan Wake a terror game ?

Amnesia is way hardcore... man i could not handle it, very well made and immersive game and thats the problem lol

I got to a point where i just didn't want to go out of the room, the noises, the lack of light, the lack of weapons. There is no stress reliever (shooting the damn creatures in the face does the trick), so you get more and more tense. Until It gets unberable. 

I'm not into scary games at all.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Yeah I've been wanting to play Alan Wake for about 6ish years now, ever since the tech demos showing off DX 10 and Quad Core processors.  My 360 died before it came out on it so I just waited till the PC version finally came out.   Im a little bit into Episode 2 and I love the game.  I won't lie the game had me scared and anxious quite a few times.  I'll agree the story is pulling me in way more than SWTOR ever could  and I love SW. 

I've pretty much am giving up on MMORPG"s until ArcheAge..  I just hope it comes out soon, or some other sweet PC games get released.  I'll have to check out Amnesia as well, I played a little bit of Penumbra and it was pretty cool.