Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Played Alan Wake today instead of SWTOR

elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

And I am so glad I did.  This game is awesome and pulls me into the story far better than SWTOR could even hope to do.  Anyway, not to gripe about SWTOR, but seriously, I recommend this game for those who haven't played it on Xbox, like myself.  It just hit the PC and it's a blast.  

Comments

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107

Played it a while back on the xbox - superb game, one of my list of games that everyone should really play and experience. It really sucked me in right from the getgo. I keep meaining to try out the DLC for it and see if it takes the story any further.

Im logged into swtor right now but unless i get a hardmode group sharpish ill be back to some more Uncharted 3...

r.i.p. c!

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Played this on XBOX long time ago, i still prefer Uncharted over it.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Is Uncharted available on PC?  I don't have an xbox and don't ever plan to get one.

• BeegsBeegs Member Posts: 107

No, ps3 only for Uncharted. Personally im finding Uncharted 3 a bit of a let down compared to how incredible 2 was. I found the story in 2 more engaging. Im just remembering back to lots of things that happened in Alan Wake atm, some great set pieces, I love the way it told the story, giving dark hints of what was to come. imo it was phenomenally well done. So much so that when i was playing it remember being out in a shop and having a near reflex compulsion to grab a pack of batteries when i saw them on a shelf!

r.i.p. c!

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

It's alright, it's a pretty good game, but yeah the story is pretty cool.

Single games do story so much better the MMOs.... MMOs should stick to letting players make up their own internal narratives.

Yeah, I had to save the game and do something else once I finished episode 1, it got pretty intense.  Plus I don't want to blast through it in one sitting.  But yeah, the atmosphere is awesome, the graphics are really good, and it's compelling.  Of course, I'm a big fan of Stephen King like stories which this seems to be similar too.

Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

If you like tense horror that game is the best one I have played personally... definitely one that made me take regular breaks to de-stress lol.

• tavtavtavtav Member Posts: 26

I can't play that unless there are other people with me. And even then, I scream. It's loud. 

Originally posted by tavtav

I can't play that unless there are other people with me. And even then, I scream. It's loud. 

Alan Wake or Amnesia?

Originally posted by Vesavius

Have you played Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

If you like tense horror that game is the best one I have played personally... definitely one that made me take regular breaks to de-stress lol.

Nice, I'll have to check it out.  I haven't played a horror game since Silent Hill 4.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Amnesia is one of the most frightening experiences in a video game ever if you dont watch any of the youtube videos and go clueless

Im not ashamed to say I never played it, I would freak out many times on that one, so I just watch the youtube videos

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by dinams

Amnesia is one of the most frightening experiences in a video game ever if you dont watch any of the youtube videos and go clueless

agreed :)

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Amnesia is indeed the most terrifying game I've ever played and quit.  I quit because it was terrifying.  I just couldn't handle it.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I've been doin many other things instead of playing SWTOR, not because I think it's necessarily bad, but because it's more of the same old thing. Which sometimes I'm in the mood for, but haven't been lately. I'll probably resub sometime, just haven't really felt like playing video games in general lately.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I played Alan Wake but just couldn't finish it.

It didn't help that the main char is a person I'd gladly discharge my pistol into. 

Other than Duke in DNF I can't think of anyone that I hated more. -.-

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• kellerman24kellerman24 Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by elocke

And I am so glad I did.  This game is awesome and pulls me into the story far better than SWTOR could even hope to do.  Anyway, not to gripe about SWTOR, but seriously, I recommend this game for those who haven't played it on Xbox, like myself.  It just hit the PC and it's a blast.  

I've started it today too! It's awesome so far.

Now I need to get rid of this feeling that 'I paid for SWTOR so now I need to play it' .... bummer. 

Originally posted by kellerman24

I've started it today too! It's awesome so far.

Now I need to get rid of this feeling that 'I paid for SWTOR so now I need to play it' .... bummer. 

Lol, I had that same feeling until I realized I have one week left on my sub and then I'm free and clear.  Also, no matter how hard I try to keep playing, the game feels like a crappy nightshift job now.  3rd alt, level 34 and it's just tedious and boring.

Anyway, just picked up Amnesia, I'll play it when I'm done with Alan Wake.  To the one poster who hates the main character, I see what you are getting at, he's kind of a rube.  First episode he was quite a jerk to his wife, she was just looking out for him and trying to support him and he get's all pissy at her.  Serves him right that suddenly she's taken away due to his stupid selfish tantrum.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588

Thx for the update. Keep us informed on what you do tomorrow.

Originally posted by ropenice

Thx for the update. Keep us informed on what you do tomorrow.

You're welcome.  Didn't you know?  I'm writing a book about how each day I can find something else to play that's better than SWTOR.  Think I'll add a section for trolls/sarcasm junkies for posterity.

Oh, wait..now you've got ME being sarcastic.  Oops.

• I tried out Alan Wake briefly but didn't really get into it. I've just got a few 360 games lying around that I never really delved too much into. I should probably give it another shot. Also got Fable 2, Assassin's Creed and Enslaved. Same story with those :)

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

The game is great, was great on Xbox.  I guess there's a new XBLA stand alone game too people who like the gameplay should check out.    

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Originally posted by Axxar

I tried out Alan Wake briefly but didn't really get into it. I've just got a few 360 games lying around that I never really delved too much into. I should probably give it another shot. Also got Fable 2, Assassin's Creed and Enslaved. Same story with those :)

Give Enslaved another shot for sure, it's a very under rated game and it saddens me how many people missed on it. 

So I played Amnesia for about an hour.  Yeah...it's not really doing it for me.  I wasn't scared at all and the puzzles were giving me a headache, mainly the one where I have to stack the boxes up on top of each other to get to the landing where some stairs used to be but they collapsed after I made some potion in the laboratory.  Plus the graphics are dull to me and the story boring, what little bit I've had to read or listen to.  Ah, well.

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

So I played Amnesia for about an hour.  Yeah...it's not really doing it for me.  I wasn't scared at all and the puzzles were giving me a headache, mainly the one where I have to stack the boxes up on top of each other to get to the landing where some stairs used to be but they collapsed after I made some potion in the laboratory.  Plus the graphics are dull to me and the story boring, what little bit I've had to read or listen to.  Ah, well.

Did you see any creature so far?

Yep.  Wierd looking thing making nasty noises down the hallway.  Seriously, after playing Silent Hill 2, nothing tops Pyramid Head, so I'm a bit spoiled.