Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Senior prank gone awry at my school.

http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_046110610.html

Personally, the whole thing pisses me off. The man in the suit is a good friend of mine, and while he's normally a pretty quiet, down to earth guy, he figured it alright to do a nice, innocent senior prank. So he dressed in a gorilla suit and went on the roof. I liked the idea, nice and simple, yet you can still laugh at it. My fucking school turns it into a crisis, and will probably end up ruining the poor kids life over a small senior prank. They seriously overreacted, I mean I can understand the police, but a bomb squad when no bomb threat has been made??? Pisses me off... of course I'm a little biased.

--------------------------------------

Comments

• SicarimSicarim Member Posts: 219
    Thats what you call OVER-REACTION. Welcome to the USA buddy.
  • NazaaraelNazaarael Member Posts: 37

Never had that issue when I went to High School.

I feel for you..

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

where did they make the connection
    guy in monkey suit => lives are at stake
    a bit paranoid

Make of it what you will.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

That is nothing. Last year some seniors at my school pulled a prank similar to yours. Our school mascot is a revolutionary war soldier but we are called the Raiders so they dressed up like pirates.

They brought fake swords that were metal but werent sharp. There were 7 people involved and they decided to have a sword fight during a pep rally for the Prom on the stands. They gave about 20 other seniors plastic swords. It was supposed to be a HUGE sword fight.

A student/pirate gets wacked in the leg with a fake sword and falls on his ass. The school officer thinks he was just sliced by a real sword and pulls his gun on the student. You can't see his face since he has an eye patch and white make up so the officer did not know that it was a popular senior that participated in practically every school event.

The cop runs up and pepper sprays 7 students. Pepper spray blows in and gets in my eyes. I am 40 feet from the pepper spray bottle.

The students with real swords are suspended and only 4 are allowed to attend the grad ceremony. If it was not for that damn cop it would have been an incredible event. That also pretty much ruined Prom for every senior since all seniors with plastic swords could not attend prom as a school student, therefore they need permission or needed to be invited by other students.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Dude thats amazing stuff! THERES A GORILA ON THE ROOF!!!!!(Panic, King Kong worthy scene) Call the swat teams!!!! No wait.....!!!!! Call the army, send in tanks and attack chopters!!

.... America must be the country with most hilarious and dumb events... :P

Btw the pirate fight is a great idea, Ill try to remind me when I get old enough, lololol(Im 15 so just 2 more years till I get to the 12th year).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Originally posted by Kiamde
    That is nothing. Last year some seniors at my school pulled a prank similar to yours. Our school mascot is a revolutionary war soldier but we are called the Raiders so they dressed up like pirates.
    They brought fake swords that were metal but werent sharp. There were 7 people involved and they decided to have a sword fight during a pep rally for the Prom on the stands. They gave about 20 other seniors plastic swords. It was supposed to be a HUGE sword fight.
    A student/pirate gets wacked in the leg with a fake sword and falls on his ass. The school officer thinks he was just sliced by a real sword and pulls his gun on the student. You can't see his face since he has an eye patch and white make up so the officer did not know that it was a popular senior that participated in practically every school event.
    The cop runs up and pepper sprays 7 students. Pepper spray blows in and gets in my eyes. I am 40 feet from the pepper spray bottle.
    The students with real swords are suspended and only 4 are allowed to attend the grad ceremony. If it was not for that damn cop it would have been an incredible event. That also pretty much ruined Prom for every senior since all seniors with plastic swords could not attend prom as a school student, therefore they need permission or needed to be invited by other students.

Ick, that does suck. Good idea though.

Recent development: the school is not going to press charges, but the feds are, among which are resisting arrest, public trespassing, disorderly conduct, etc. His bail is 300 thousand dollars.

His parents are rich and his grandfather is a lawyer, I hope they can get him what he deserves, which is no jail time, for one little fucking prank.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Heh, me and my friends were going to do a similar stunt, but never did. About 3-4 of us were going to dress up in monkey suits and we would run down all the hallways screaming out monkey sounds, then another of our friends was going to be dressed up like the Crocodile Hunter chasing after us with a net trying to capture us ::::05::

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

Originally posted by SatansDisciple
    Recent development: the school is not going to press charges, but the feds are, among which are resisting arrest, public trespassing, disorderly conduct, etc. His bail is 300 thousand dollars.His parents are rich and his grandfather is a lawyer, I hope they can get him what he deserves, which is no jail time, for one little fucking prank.

HOLY SHIT!

For going on a roof dressed like a sodding monkey he gets a bail worth 1/3rd of my parents HOUSE?

Holy shit!

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Imperatorian
    Originally posted by SatansDisciple
    Recent development: the school is not going to press charges, but the feds are, among which are resisting arrest, public trespassing, disorderly conduct, etc. His bail is 300 thousand dollars.His parents are rich and his grandfather is a lawyer, I hope they can get him what he deserves, which is no jail time, for one little fucking prank.

HOLY SHIT!

For going on a roof dressed like a sodding monkey he gets a bail worth 1/3rd of my parents HOUSE?

Holy shit!

You're parents must have a nice house. ::::35::

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

the only thing that really surprises me is this statement...

The school, which sits just off of Main Street in Oley, has about 660 students

That's a REALLY small school, lol

I'd rather have a small school where I know almost everyone rather than a hugeass school that's like it's own town.

I feel so damn bad for this kid... we're all mourning for him in this area.

• OmegaLetOmegaLet Member Posts: 588

My school has about 2k people in it.
    our senior pranks have been really poor past few years. Last year we had a few stink bombs in the halls? one year all the seniors parked their cars to block off the entrances to all of the parking lots, but word got out and it got broken up before anyone was even there to witness it! lol (they went at like 5 in the morning, most get there around 7:10-750)
    My class is really stupid, we are all talk I bet no one will actually do anything when I become a senior. I'm too lazy to do anything lol

I like the gorilla idea!!

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Holy crap a bomb squad came in? That's way worse than Canada. Our teachers wouldn't do anything except maybe suspend the person at the most.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by rathma
    Holy crap a bomb squad came in? That's way worse than Canada. Our teachers wouldn't do anything except maybe suspend the person at the most.

Hehe ya, theyd probably just get a lecture and short suspension if anything.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

ROFLMAO dude u guys did jack didly shit compared to what we attempted. and almost got fully sucessful.

IN our main library their was a wierd sunroom type glass entranceway with no practical purpose, but we cocked it and sealed it shut and waterproof(we thought). well then we drilled a small hole in the roof,a nd planted GOLDfish in there. but it was only waterproof from the boottum up. and one of the doors leaked out a lot of water till we fixed it. but we left took a picture and mailed it to the school officials, ( this was during christmas break) a long long long time ago, god i think we did it maybe 15 years ago. but we didnt get caught, and they didnt even launch investigation, but yearbook gave it positive review.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

"The prank was foiled when school staff saw someone donning the mask in the parking lot and scaling a wall and called authorities, who sent officers, a state police helicopter and a bomb squad."

That's hilarious, what it must have been like to be in that little monkey suit running around with helicopters and swat guys circling around you. He must have some kind of trauma, counter suit!

What would have happened if he was wearing a pink too-too? Think they would have called SWAT then?

• Originally posted by SatansDisciple

http://kyw.com/Local%20News/local_story_046110610.html
    Personally, the whole thing pisses me off. The man in the suit is a good friend of mine, and while he's normally a pretty quiet, down to earth guy, he figured it alright to do a nice, innocent senior prank. So he dressed in a gorilla suit and went on the roof. I liked the idea, nice and simple, yet you can still laugh at it. My fucking school turns it into a crisis, and will probably end up ruining the poor kids life over a small senior prank. They seriously overreacted, I mean I can understand the police, but a bomb squad when no bomb threat has been made??? Pisses me off... of course I'm a little biased.

From that article:

[quote]

“In today’s day and age, that’s a precautionary measure,” Moore said.[/quote]

On paper Americans have no rights. The Constitution has been thrown out the window. Welcome to the new America, the land of Patriot Act I, Patriot Act II, and if Bush, Cheny, Rumsfeld, and the people pulling their strings (the Skull and Bones Society) continue having their way - Patriot Act III. Alas, Americans currently deserve every single thing happening to them. Why? Because as the founding fathers said (paraphrasing):

"A Democracy requires the people to be continously active and invovled in overseeing the goverment."

This means registering to vote. Actually voting. And if there are no good candidates, running for office then. Forming one's own party. During the day of the Founding Fathers, there were far more parties than just Democrat, and Republican. There was the Wig Party, plus many others. Making an effort to stay in tune with what is going on. And taking action. The movie "Farenheit 911" shows actual video from Texas TV news stations of the Taliban visiting George Bush off and on during the past 20 years. Video of the turban-wearing Taliban walking along the sidewalks of Texas, side by side among the cowboy hat wearing white Rednecks. They lived on George Bush's ranch!  The Bush family co-owned many buisnesses with Osama Bin Laden for the past 30 years! 60 Minutes did a special on how Bush is a member of a secret society called the "Skull and Bones Society".

When Bush declared the entire USA ground ALL airplanes... guess who was still allowed to fly? All of Osama Bin Laden's family! His brothers and sisters were allowed to crisscross the entire United States, and to leave the country! Any cop will tell you that when the police is tracking a suspect, they always talk to the family, and friends, of the suspect - since they know the suspect best. They best know where the suspect's hangouts are, where the suspect is at, and in many cases meet with the suspect.

What is the American public's response? "Meh... I don't care. As long as I continue getting my coffee and doughnuts in the morning." So... Americans deserve everything that is happening to them!

Up to 40% of all American food is poisoned. Anything with ASPARTAME/NUTRA-SWEET in its ingredients. Aspartame/Nutra-Sweet is a poison that makes microscopic holes in one's brain. (Check out the book "Sweet Poison" by Janet Star Hull at any major bookstore like Barnes and Noble.)

The founding fathers said goverment is a "necessary evil". An evil that can be kept in check by a public that continously remains activly involved in watching the goverment. Watching this necessary evil. Maybe the kids in your school will take action, wake up, as a result of this incident. That guy Moore in that news article claimed the entire "over reaction" was a result of "this day and age" aka a result of the current American state aka current politics. Everyone is a terriorist. Every incident is a terriorist attack. FORCE unbridled fear to forever hang over the heads of all Americans.

Soo... until Americans decide to say no more. Decide to take action. Decide to DO something. Then they deserve every single thing that happens to them. The kids at your school deserve what had happend. They deserved that over-reaction. It is up to them if they continue to lie back and continue accepting "the precautionary measures of today's day and age", or if they decide to say enough and do something, take action.

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

So I see... 300 grand... thats really cheap if ur a top notch soccer player, Luis Figo win 100 grand a months ::::04::

Thats just crazy, imo u should all go do a testimony in how this was only a lil prank and he shoudlnt get THAT punished.... CRAZY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

Tomorrow all the kids at school are wearing black shirts to protest this... whee... I think that's lame, my idea is to print shirts that say "Monkeys don't belong behind bars" and sell them for the cause of this kids bail. I'm gonna wear a black shirt anyway though, if anyone can figure out how wearing a black shirt is protesting anything.

anyone who blames this on president bush is a dumb fuck who only listens to michael moore the mcdonalds spokesmen. i am not a big bush fan but I ACTUALLY READ BETWEEN LINES AND NOT JUST WHATS ON CNN OR FOX. Bush is going against frivalous lawsuits if u read his medicarew reform that is his actully stops frivalous lawsuits there. ALSO HE has taken actions to stop sensless prosecution or at least rumsfield ( i ahte the bastard) has this would include htis case.

AND ALSO about the planes thing READ THE FUCKING DECLARATION OF WAR ACT in the guineva convention of 1918.  IT SPECIFICALLY  STATES if one country ( afghanistan in this case) takes a provocative action it is teh attacked nation to remove all diplomats and officials of offending country in a speedy time. even though afghanistan never signed this act we treated them with it to be nice so dont listen TO FAT DUMB FUCKTARD ( AKA michael more)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by Vampyr
    anyone who blames this on president bush is a dumb fuck who only listens to michael moore the mcdonalds spokesmen. i am not a big bush fan but I ACTUALLY READ BETWEEN LINES AND NOT JUST WHATS ON CNN OR FOX. Bush is going against frivalous lawsuits if u read his medicarew reform that is his actully stops frivalous lawsuits there. ALSO HE has taken actions to stop sensless prosecution or at least rumsfield ( i ahte the bastard) has this would include htis case.

AND ALSO about the planes thing READ THE FUCKING DECLARATION OF WAR ACT in the guineva convention of 1918. IT SPECIFICALLY STATES if one country ( afghanistan in this case) takes a provocative action it is teh attacked nation to remove all diplomats and officials of offending country in a speedy time. even though afghanistan never signed this act we treated them with it to be nice so dont listen TO FAT DUMB FUCKTARD ( AKA michael more)

Many of those "frivalous" law suits that you talk about actually have a good reason for being law suits. See, what happens is the media forgets to tell you about the other side of the story to the law suit...the actual reason behind it. All they give you is a small little summary of what happened and what the end results of the law suit. Remember, there is a jury that decides the outcome of every one of these trials. I trust that they are more than competent enough to make a good decision.

The reason why media gives you so little the informaiton about these "frivalous" law suits is because they are owned by huge big megamedia companies. Huge companies like to weaken the court system, so they tend to exxagerate, or leave out a lot of information, when it comes to frivalous lawsuits. By weakening the court system it then it makes it more difficult to sue the huge companies in our country. I can see why Bush would want to reform the court system and stop frivalous lawsuits, mainly because it would help out big business.

Cheers! ::::28::

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805

Since when was Michael Moore a Mc. Donalds spokesman?

lol

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Since he realized that Americans wanted to see more fat people on the big screen. His next documentary is going to be the connection between George W. Bush and the raising obesity in America and the growing hobby of shooting .50 caliber weapons into watermelons rolling down grassy noles.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

lol can we say "celebrity fit club" lol, but im not for bush or kerry both of em disguist me but michael moore pisses me off more, because it was not a DOCUMENTARY it was one sided documentaries look at both sides. Also politics should not become entertainign box office hits, and he distorted way too many facts. im not saying every point he brought up wasnt valid, which a lot of anti bush and anti kerry alike are valid. but u cant call that a documentary.

And bush hates lawyers and frivalous lawsuits, he has bullied rumsfield or did anyway into making gov stop a lot of em, (notice lack of internet pirating suits).

ALSO I DONT LIKE A FOREIGNER TRYING TO SWAY US ELECTIONS. Michael moore isnt even a citizen nor has he made much of an efort to become one, he is canadian( i like canadians) but i dont think foreigners should get involved in US politics.