Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player base in europe?

SararielSarariel Member UncommonPosts: 301

I recently decided to try out rift again (Not played since release) and I couldn't help to notice that most servers are population low..

Whilst playing, do you still come accross other players? Or does the world seem barren and empty?

also, is roleplay still around?

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

The EU servers are pretty much dead. :(

I tried the comeback weekend a short while back and my server (that used to be High Pop) was Low all the time.

Just a handful of lvl50's hanging around in Sanctum. That's it. All the zones were empty. Nothing happening. :(

• srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121

There are a few alive servers, like Bruttmutter and Bloodiron, but I think most of them are low pop.

Check ;http://www.riftstatus.net/shards/eu

Edit: Why the hell did I say Briarcliff? <.<

• AlyvianAlyvian Member Posts: 342

atleast on my server (blightweald) i dont have any issues whatsoever with population, then again, i am 50 and in a fairly active guild.

another thing to note, european population is incredibly spikey, most people dont log till 6-7pm server time

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by srps

There are a few alive servers, like Bruttmutter and Briarcliff, but I think most of them are low pop.

Did you actually click on your link before you said that?

http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/European/

I got no idea what the Europeans are doing. They are up then down..down then up. The NA player base seems pretty stable. It is not like the Euros are being screwed or there are mass complaints or something.

My  BESTTTTT guess is there were alot of Russians who played on some of the Euro shards who moved to the Russian version of the game.

• srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Puremallace

There are a few alive servers, like Bruttmutter and Briarcliff, but I think most of them are low pop.

I got no idea what the Europeans are doing. They are up then down..down then up. The NA player base seems pretty stable. It is not like the Euros are being screwed or there are mass complaints or something.

My  BESTTTTT guess is there were alot of Russians who played on some of the Euro shards who moved to the Russian version of the game.

Yes I did click the link, for some reason my brain got stuck with "Briarcliff", but it's already corrected anyway.

I'd say it's because in Europe people only play when they get home after school work, so there's a big spike at the end of the day. Also most of us are separated by 1-2h max timezones (GMT, GMT +2), in USA people range from GMT -5 to GMT -10.

Also in USA in general you have more access to WiFi networks, or even 3G4G and you can probably play almost anywhere in a few states, whereas in here the great majority of people don't have access outside of home (cellphone WiFi not strong enough for that when tethered, and in a lot of places it's non-existant anyway).

Still there are a few servers where you can see people travelling around at any time. Compared to the WoW servers I play on it feels a bit empty, but the chat is usually healthy (when it doesn't degrade into WoW bashing, lol).

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by Puremallace

Yes I did click the link, for some reason my brain got stuck with "Briarcliff", but it's already corrected anyway.

I'd say it's because in Europe people only play when they get home after school work, so there's a big spike at the end of the day. Also most of us are separated by 1-2h max timezones (GMT, GMT +2), in USA people range from GMT -5 to GMT -10.

Also in USA in general you have more access to WiFi networks, or even 3G4G and you can probably play almost anywhere in a few states, whereas in here the great majority of people don't have access outside of home (cellphone WiFi not strong enough for that when tethered, and in a lot of places it's non-existant anyway).

Still there are a few servers where you can see people travelling around at any time. Compared to the WoW servers I play on it feels a bit empty, but the chat is usually healthy (when it doesn't degrade into WoW bashing, lol).

There are more than enough wifi networks in Europe which are more than capable of handling Rift if you decide to play RIFT when you're out. Although I don't see why anyone would play Rift when they are out and about. You have to carry your laptop and a mouse and have a flat surface and you can't really play without plugging in your laptop or it will be dead in an hour tops. And playing while at work is completely out of the question :D On my work laptop or PC I can't access facebook/any webmail let alone install games :D

@OP, Blodiron is a high pop server for most of the day. To be honest, I heard that the NA servers have less people than the European ones.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Well the population is not likely to expand in the later game, from the UK at least, unless Trion sort out their abysmal website. Been trying to upgrade my account but it's impossible to log in to the account page. I'm at level 20 and want to see the rest of the world but they don't seem to want my money...

• Get 'URL rejected' errors when trying to log in to the account page.

• Get email address unknown when trying the forgotten password option.

• Get email address in use when trying to re-register.

Given up for now...

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by korat102

Well the population is not likely to expand in the later game, from the UK at least, unless Trion sort out their abysmal website. Been trying to upgrade my account but it's impossible to log in to the account page. I'm at level 20 and want to see the rest of the world but they don't seem to want my money...

• Get 'URL rejected' errors when trying to log in to the account page.

• Get email address unknown when trying the forgotten password option.

• Get email address in use when trying to re-register.

Given up for now...

You want this

https://trionworlds.custhelp.com/

There is alot of stuff going on there that sounds technical or just call them

Phone Support

Live Account, Billing, and Technical Support representatives are available to assist you with your questions and concerns.

Hours:

9AM - 8PM Eastern Time (GMT -5), Monday-Sunday.

USA

1-877-70-TRION (87466)

United Kingdom

0800-2795224

Canada

877-70-TRION (87466)

Australia

(02) 8307-5294

Croatia

(3851) 884-8693

Cyprus

(3572) 200-7805

Czech Republic

(42022) 888-2699

Denmark

(45) 8988-1043

Finland

(35893) 158-4304

France

0805-110264

Germany

0800-7088800

Greece

(30211) 198-2668

Hungary

(361) 700-8683

Iceland

1-519-568-5217

Ireland

(3531) 697-2752

Israel

(9723) 935-0619

Italy

(39066) 220-7178

Malta

(3562) 778-0651

Norway

(472) 104-9619

Poland

(4822) 307-0764

Portugal

(35130) 880-1732

Romania

Slovenia

(3868) 288-0603

Spain

(3490) 166-7544

Sweden

0200-883165

Switzerland

+41-(0)22-518-00-95

The Netherlands

0800-0234736

Rest of the World

1-519-568-5222

International Charges May Apply

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312

Just like with fast food, europeans don't usually indulge as much as their american brothers.

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

Originally posted by Charas

Just like with fast food, europeans don't usually indulge as much as their american brothers.

and being a world power.....

Rift

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by Sarariel

I recently decided to try out rift again (Not played since release) and I couldn't help to notice that most servers are population low..

Whilst playing, do you still come accross other players? Or does the world seem barren and empty?

I'm constantly sent emails by Trion, telling how wonderfully well their game is doing and how I must come back.  The game is actually dead in the water, and will be yet another MMO added to F2P within 6 months.

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

A world power with a dodgy credit rating?  China are the only world power now - everyone was warned decades ago.

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

A world power with a dodgy credit rating?  China are the only world power now - everyone was warned decades ago.

And Russia.

• Matt_UKMatt_UK Member Posts: 420

Doesn't Rift have free server transfer? It did last time I played. Why don't all the players move onto the busiest server?

• CericXCericX Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by Matt_UK

Doesn't Rift have free server transfer? It did last time I played. Why don't all the players move onto the busiest server?

It does have free transfers. Usually not required to move to the busiest though as those are VERY full. Better to aim for one of the medium ones that has a population online at your time. If you click on the individual shards you can get a break down for thier busy times and match your's to it.

• CericXCericX Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Originally posted by Sarariel

I'm constantly sent emails by Trion, telling how wonderfully well their game is doing and how I must come back.  The game is actually dead in the water, and will be yet another MMO added to F2P within 6 months.

Lets make a bet! 6 months from today on 9/6/2012 Rift will NOT be free to play. Loser can no longer post in this subforum.