Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Think WoW is too easy? - Take the Warcraft Ironman Challenge

2»

Comments

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

like someone sayd.....it will take longer, not make it harder tough.....you can lvl in wow easy that way by just slaying mobs in the open world that are your lvl, thats all.

Not realy a challenge

Originally posted by Kimmyboy

Originally posted by oubers

like someone sayd.....it will take longer, not make it harder tough.....you can lvl in wow easy that way by just slaying mobs in the open world that are your lvl, thats all.

Not realy a challenge

Not only is it a challenge with that rare white gear at some levels, it is nearly impossible to reach 85. Most people die before Outland and if they survive that, Cata's monsters heatlh pool is infernal. Do the walk instead of the silly talk.

no thnx, i stopped fiew years back because of the childisch community (the game itself is ok imho).

And, PLZ dont tell me the game has "changed" ok? adding 5 lvls aint changing imo.

The thread is useless none the less......if you dont have a gearscore of 600K you dont even get to stay in a group......sup with that fanboi??

ps: i have been walking since you where prolly sucking your own thumb.....so dont be tough about walking the walk ok?

maybe running it with a bubladin......they cant be harmed in any way so should be easy....hehe

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Not realy a challenge

I suspect otherwise. 

When The Burning Crusade came out, here's what I did with one of my characters:

I deleted all my Vanilla raiding gear, and stepped into Outland with just AH-bought green gear. 

I died so many times trying to kill standard mobs, it was not even funny. Some quests, I outright could not do. And some ordinary mobs, I could not kill without potting. And this is with food buffs, other class buffs and the like. 

With gray/white gear, you'll have such a shallow health pool that sooner or later you will find yourself in an encounter you're not going to win. Huge gimp right there. Also no talent points is a big deal now, you basically lack your defining class skill. Without pots, you also lack an emergency button.

I expect most will probably not survive Outland. If they get there.

Originally posted by solarine

Not realy a challenge

I suspect otherwise. 

When The Burning Crusade came out, here's what I did with one of my characters:

I deleted all my Vanilla raiding gear, and stepped into Outland with just AH-bought green gear. 

I died so many times trying to kill standard mobs, it was not even funny. Some quests, I outright could not do. And some ordinary mobs, I could not kill without potting. And this is with food buffs, other class buffs and the like. 

With gray/white gear, you'll have such a shallow health pool that sooner or later you will find yourself in an encounter you're not going to win. Huge gimp right there. Also no talent points is a big deal now, you basically lack your defining class skill. Without pots and First Aid, you also lack an emergency button.

I expect most will probably not survive Outland. If they get there.

wierd.....still alot of people that where looking for a challenge back in the days use to do NAKED RUNS......but i guess that wasnt hard core enough when they stormed stormwind (or orgrimmar) naked huh?

anyways....i am wondering why i am stil on the wow forum here.....so bye :)

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Yeah sorry not going to happen with this player, my wow days are over aside from the occasional logging in to say hi to friends who still play until my time runs out.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

wierd.....still alot of people that where looking for a challenge back in the days use to do NAKED RUNS......but i guess that wasnt hard core enough when they stormed stormwind (or orgrimmar) naked huh?

anyways....i am wondering why i am stil on the wow forum here.....so bye :)

You're talking about naked group and raid runs. I did those. In BC dungeons (and, yeah, capitals). It was fun, but not nearly the same thing. 

First, you did wipe. But you laughed it off (those days the WOW players were much more tolerant to wipes). And then, a group of players working together in synergy (and we were guild groups, who'd done hundreds of runs together so we did have the teamwork down) is more than the sum of those players. And last, we obviously had our talent points spent - that's a big difference. :)

If I were playing WOW now, honestly I'd give it a go, just to see how high I could go with a character. But I'm not going to resubscribe just to see that. And anyway, it'd probably piss me off if I manage to get to something like level 78 and *then* die! :) 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I heard another challenge is to run dungeons at the MINIMUM level allowed. That requires some coordination and not level too fast but i heard that can be really tough too.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I can think of a million things I'd rather do, possibly including self mutilation.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Currently at level 20 with my hunter.  I decided to post my first attempt for the world to laugh at. http://youtu.be/8M2wK9rX0-s

This is getting a bit stressful, but I'm still alive at 20 on my 2nd attempt :D

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by Kimmyboy

Originally posted by Arawulf

Currently at level 20 with my hunter.  I decided to post my first attempt for the world to laugh at. http://youtu.be/8M2wK9rX0-s

This is getting a bit stressful, but I'm still alive at 20 on my 2nd attempt :D

Grtz, I feel ... ashamed, I only made it to lvl 10 when I misjudged a quest mechanism around The Blackwald Hut near the Gilneas city. Rogue was encircled by 9 Dark Rangers with 199 health and myself having 180, no chance at all.

I should have skipped the quest or ran in the hut earlier. Own fault.

I'm reading quests texts for sure - I'd hate to be up against an elite and not know which quest item to use or what to do to avoid getting killed!  

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    I'm worst, die at level 9, aggro 3 mulocs which my lock doesn't stand a chance T.T

seems like hunter is easier to level? Maybe can share what class you guys using?

RIP Orc Choppa

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Sounds like a way to get by in a game you are bored with, but I have a bad feeling that if you do it, you will promptly quit the game, as this is the envision of what is left to make the game interesting...I guess unless you then make it to where you have to level to 85 with no armor and no deaths....Then you have to use no spells, but play a caster....

Hey if its fun for you, thats all you want.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Originally posted by Xthos

Sounds like a way to get by in a game you are bored with, but I have a bad feeling that if you do it, you will promptly quit the game, as this is the envision of what is left to make the game interesting...I guess unless you then make it to where you have to level to 85 with no armor and no deaths....Then you have to use no spells, but play a caster....
    Hey if its fun for you, thats all you want.

Well, to those players that say wow is easy, or want a hardcore game, they can try it out. Interesting way to level if you ask me.

isn't the so-call player make content that ppl in this site is crying out for? Something new that players wanted?

look pass the negative of wow and try it, who knows, you might actually have fun.

RIP Orc Choppa

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

It forgot the "Can only play in PvP servers" aswell

If the point is to make the game very hard, why not go a little beyond and make it insane?

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

And then at the final level you encounter a rogue who pulls mobs to your location and vansish into thin air giving you all the aggro -_- !

Damn i would totaly go mental and murder my gold fish !! j/k :D

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Originally posted by Rhoklaw

The real Ironman Challenge is trying to do this on a PvP server.

EQ did this, they made a server for an event, and I think it lasted a month, it was perma death...Was funny watching the video of some guy in his 20s trying to kill all the low level competition, players that were like level 10-12 at the time...So they all swarmed him like ants and killed him.  I played it, but I didn't get too far, was too busy on my main server, as EQ was not 'old' yet.

Whoever was the highest level after the month won, can't remember what, since it was ages ago.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85

Going full retard and slowing it down to a early 2002 EQ1's leveling pace isn't making it more difficult.