Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Every MMO players ultimate nigthmare.

UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Happened to me 3 days ago.

My main character, lvl 41 warden, is blackholed.

For thoose that do not know what that means it is when you character is stuck somerwere in the world that do not exist, and so can not login.

When I try to load the character he just loads back to character select, my other 3 char slots work.

Ive been in contact with the server GM for runnyeye and he was very helpful, spent a great deal of time talking to him and he came to conclusion that the best thing to do was to send my char to the dev team and see if they could fix it somehow.

Ive talked to him once after that and he said he would keep me updated, that was yesterday though and im not sure what is happening to my char just now.

As everyone can imagine I am quite unhappy just about now, allthough the communication with SoE have been beter then I expected after reading some of the stories from other people.

Just had to get this one of my chest.

I shall give them one more day, ( after all ive been quiet for 3 days now ), before I go total forum berserk over there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• AmatayAmatay Member Posts: 170

I've had that happen to me before also, but not to a very high character. I keep getting all these system messages about negtive locations and map holes and what not. I would log on...to nothing. Just a sky texture all around me.

I would give them some time. At least the amount of time it took them to fix the servers that one time we got slammed with that horrible patch and everything got rolled back by 18 hours or so. Although on the other hand it seems that since it is only one player instead of hundreds...it should be sooner. I dunno. Be patient, you don't have much control of the situation.

--------------------------------------------
    # of deleted posts thus far: 1

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Bah I hate that CRAP image

I had it in AO along with several hundred other show stopping bugs...hence my avatar... I had a bad time with that program...

I hope it works out for you coz I agree it is a nightmare especially with a character as high as yours image

Here is an interesting little glitch in EQ2 that can get you stuck fairly badly. So this is not for the feint hearted, try it at your own risk. I learned this one the hard way.

Goto the RoV (Ruins of Varsoon) entrance in Thundering Steppes. Stand on the grating that is the door to RoV and log out. Wait a few mins so your character leaves the world properly. Then log back in. You will be under the grating but still in the Steppes not in RoV image .........From here you can see under the world from some angles lol. Also you can walk to the edge of what appears to be an abyss. I wasnt game to jump in and see what happens. Sounded too much like an opportunity to lose a shard. You will need to "recall" to get out.

Have fun image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Fixed :)

They had to roll back my character to a previous savepoint, like 30 minutes or so.

Quest log got a little messed up but thats about it.

All in all not as bad as I was imagining, I migth have been lucky but customer service was pretty good in this case.

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.

• HashmanHashman Member Posts: 649

I was in a position where my shard got stuck in a mountain and the CS guy responded in 5 mins and was very helpful. Glad you got yours sorted werent you able to do Call of Qeynos even?

• UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Was much more sever, character did not exist in the world at all, only got to character selct and when trying to load him I got kicked back to character select.