Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't login?!

unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

I am a huge ST TNG fan so I thought I would finally give STO a try since it's had two years to shape up.

I have downloaded the trial and I played the tutorial for like five minutes at which point I got booted from the server.  Now I am unable to log in.  

Anyone know what is going on?  Can I expect more of the same?

Comments

• AnneofClevesAnneofCleves Member Posts: 5

IT's not you. I just got booted, and I have been playing for a while this morning. I think it is a server crash, they implemented a new episode, maybe just too many players for the servers right now. Hang in there, it is worth the wait, especially with the foundry episodes. :D

And to answer your question the servers usually run pretty smoothly. The only negative is if you are a FTP, sometimes it takes a bit to log in because of the queue.

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

I guess I can't complain since it's free and all.  Still you would think STO's hardware/server capacity would be sorted after 2 years.

Also I can't post on their forums to ask for help and I'm not sure where to look for 'server status' if anyone has a link.

• AnneofClevesAnneofCleves Member Posts: 5

I just checked the forums and it looks like it is a server crash, STO apparently didn't expect the amount of players this weekend. No eta on when they will be back up, hopefully it will be soon. I'm bummed too, cause I had just received my Capt ship, was looking forward to trying it out. :D

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Yeah, STO servers aren't what one would call "star" quality. They really can't handle heavy loads at all.

• SilverdaggerSilverdagger Member UncommonPosts: 119

http://serverstatus.tk/     (Select Star Trek Online from the Games dropdown list).  They list status for all the servers (For instance as I'm writing this it is says the login server as up but the game servers are down).

You can also visit STO's main web site and see a single status entry on the upper left. 

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Thanks all.  I love the IP so I'll give 'er another go when it's not so busy.