Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where too now?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I have done it and seen it, made it to 50 and have sev eral lvl 30 alts... Haven't logged in for over 3 weeks now.. Just cancelled.  It was a fun experience, but just not MMO enough to keep me going.

So where is everyone going when they leave SWTOR behind

I tried the beastlord in EQ2 for 2 weeks and now i am enjoying AoC again... need something to pass my time till GW2 releases.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I have done it and seen it, made it to 50 and have sev eral lvl 30 alts... Haven't logged in for over 3 weeks now.. Just cancelled.  It was a fun experience, but just not MMO enough to keep me going.

I tried the beastlord in EQ2 for 2 weeks and now i am enjoying AoC again... need something to pass my time till GW2 releases.

I went to the last place I expected to go.  Final Fantasy XIV.  It's actually pretty fun now after a year or so of updates from a development team that knows what they're doing.

It's $20 to purchase from SquareEnix with a $13 a month fee.  It reminds me more of old school MMOs but it does have some modern touches.  Even if you end up not liking it now when 2.0 launches you won't have to re-buy the game and you'll get another free month to check it out.

I'm in the same boat as you though.  SWTOR sucked and GW2 seems like it will be the next big thing assuming the game can deliver what the developers have promised.  Time will tell.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

I feel the same way as OP. I have not been playing my main but rather trying the different talen trees. But yea, I'm ready to move on.

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146

My main is 42 and I hvae a few alts between 14 to 28 or so but I find the game is starting to get boring. once I finsh the storyline on my Sith warrior I will be finshed for a while. I might come back later and try to do the summgler story.

I found the PVP , space combat and crafting to be dull and the combat to be somewhat clunky to other games I hvae played in the past.

I really enjoyed the frist  10 levels of the game, but by the time I had hit the low 30's the gameplay had become lackluster  to me.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I've been playing Mass Effect 2, doing every possible quest and planet available, ready for the release of Mass Effect 3. I have a Paragon Male Shepard - Infiltrator, now going through it again with a Renegade Female - Adept.

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

It seems like most will get 2-3 months out of it and then move on.

I'm sure this game employs a lot of people so I hope it sorts out.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

I'm building my empire in settlers online until GW2 arrives, I might just have enough time to wipe the Island of bandits, warning if you try it, its a very slow game., but lurching the chat is amusing at times.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

I'm building my empire in settlers online until GW2 arrives, I might just have enough time to wipe the Island of bandits, warning if you try it, its a very slow game., but lurching the chat is amusing at times.

I am clearing the last part of my land from bandits. Fun game.
  • EvilGeekEvilGeek Member UncommonPosts: 1,258

Didn't make it to the end of my first free month in SWTOR, got bored at mid level 30's. Went back to Rift after trying the free returners weekend, enjoying it for what it is and having fun, should keep me occupied until TSW release.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Still playing SWTOR but I haven't reached level 50 yet. 

After I'm done with it, then most likely I'll be done with mmos until GW2 comes out.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Badgered86

I went to the last place I expected to go.  Final Fantasy XIV.  It's actually pretty fun now after a year or so of updates from a development team that knows what they're doing.

It's $20 to purchase from SquareEnix with a $13 a month fee.  It reminds me more of old school MMOs but it does have some modern touches.  Even if you end up not liking it now when 2.0 launches you won't have to re-buy the game and you'll get another free month to check it out.

I'm in the same boat as you though.  SWTOR sucked and GW2 seems like it will be the next big thing assuming the game can deliver what the developers have promised.  Time will tell.

Really FFXIV?   I've been bouncing around...    Maybe I'll give that a shot...   Couldn't be worse than SWTOR...

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

To those who are dreaming about the good ol SWG days...someone told me that SWGemu is doing well and population is raising. 

Iam playing Skyrim right now and sometimes TFC2 hehe, waiting for Planetside II. 

I didnt like GW1 pvp at all so I dont think GW2 will be that much better.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Probably just go out more. Right now I'm still playing SWTOR but if and when I get bored with it can;t say i fel like playing any of the other mmos I mess around with.

So until another one comes down the line probably will just take a break.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• VedraVedra Member Posts: 19

Back to my massive backlog of PS3 games and Skyward Sword on my Wii.

And been playing FreeRealms with my friend and his kids and having an absolute blast.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'm going back to AOC for a bit for now, got 30 free days of premium and won 1000FC points a while back,  might as well use them. Uninstalled TOR last night.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

SW is fun, my fam really likes it

I have noticed that people that fly to 50 in 3 days tend to hate on the game, ...which bioware should have been prepared for by making it take longer or taking 100 of the 300m in voice acting into endgame raiding/pvp perfomance.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Originally posted by Hrica

I have noticed that people that fly to 50 in 3 days tend to hate on the game, ...which bioware should have been prepared for by making it take longer or taking 100 of the 300m in voice acting into endgame raiding/pvp perfomance.

I probably used a month or so to get to 50, and i subscribed for 3 more months just before i hit 50, which i now regret.

Unless you are enamoured by collecting gear, you will quickly be bored from the flashpoints/warzones/ilum that is what there is to do at level 50. The PvP is static, that is you can win as much as you will and kill as many as you can in PvP, it wont do you anything except give you commendations which you can buy gear for.

I just got bored of it. Enjoyed the story and playing up to 50, then of course also enjoyed doing some operations and a bit warzones. But that kept me interested for maybe ten more days after hitting 50.

And I'm not gonna stomach playing a new char for the same experience.

Did I enjoy SWTOR, yeah. Would I buy it again if I turn back time, yeah sure.

Enjoyable experience, but I'm moving on, as there is nothing that seems to hold me back and want more at the point in the game I've reached.

So what now? Resubbed to Eve to try to find out what its all about, as well as playing some World of Tanks.

Waiting for TSW and planetside II, hopeing they bring something new to the game. But what i really hope for is a MMO with territorial control/resources which players can own (and walk upon).

• CobaneCobane Member UncommonPosts: 151

what is TSW?

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Originally posted by Cobane

what is TSW?

The secret world

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

I'm going to the SSV Normandy.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Hrica

I've played for almost a month and am only level 30.  And yet I agree with some of the people criticizing the poor design of the game. 

Try again??

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Level 50 with a few alts up to 28. Game is still fun. I really can't get enough PvP combined with Star Wars. Or maybe I'm just overjoyed that I finally have a sci fi MMO that didn't crash and burn right out of the gate like Star Trek Online. Either way it's a lot of fun.

With fantasy MMOs, just burned out. Theres. Been. Way. Too. Many.  So I'll stick to this for now unless say a Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) MMO popped out of beta this year. I'd sell my left kidney for that.

• KholeKhole Member CommonPosts: 136

Eq is goin F2p in march most likely going to play that for awhile.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by Distopia
    I'm going back to AOC for a bit for now, got 30 free days of premium and won 1000FC points a while back,  might as well use them. Uninstalled TOR last night.

Let me know how AOC is. I'm level 45 in TOR and its winding down for me. I'll probably round it out to three months played then wait for TSW. But I wouldn't mind checking out AOC to kill some time.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

me this is the last p2p i ever play!(aside from wow)i have baught enough i tried an insane amount ,most of us can make book shelf out of all previous title (ya that is a lot of game)and yet they all make the same mistake great graphic but eastetic so bad you wonder if the diesgner had brain!