Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just resubbed after quiting almost exactly 1 year ago.

skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

An hour after logging back in for the first time, crappy lvl 200+ lft and  memories of why i quit made me regret trying to  fall in love with the game again.

Atleast i had alittle fun (although not literally) doing an inf mission on my 201 crat before i got frustrated, hopefully i have fun these next 30 days so i feel i got my money's worth and not  feel like i should of been paid to play the game.

It's kind of funny i find myself missing ao so close to my 1 year aniversery of last time playing my paid account.

I figured what the heck, 14.99 is nothing considering i spent like $75 on dcuo a week before it went free to play

( i bought two copies for like 30$ each then like 15$ on a 30day game card)

I doubt i'll regrett resubbing to AO for 30 days as much as spending 75$ on dcuo or the 200$ i spent on Rappelz back in 2010 within 60 days. And it has been a year so can't feel to bad for resubbing this time.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
Warframe:Skuly1775

Comments

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

I'm seeing a trend of people returning to their old loved MMOs... 

• GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312

Hah you like me, it's not so much having the money to spend, as much as it is the feeling of wasting the money you spent.

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

Originally posted by Alphamojo

Hah you like me, it's not so much having the money to spend, as much as it is the feeling of wasting the money you spent.

Yeah money isnt somethign i have alot of but i dont care about money its just the fact i feel liek i waste it by not gettign my monies worht or enjoying what i buy. i don't mind spending insane $$$ if i have fun.

Edit: and can pay my bills lol.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

I miss AO i really do, but dam i can`t seem to come back or for long. I love the wrold, the music is just awesome and brings you into it. But not for long sadly.

They need to hurry up and update it, it will be to late but for this vet i could careless on that.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by rpgalon

I'm seeing a trend of people returning to their old loved MMOs... 

Same here, i wen`t back to DAOC*Played since release and still do at times* And this game also.

• skullquakerskullquaker Member UncommonPosts: 311

nearly 17euros  depending on exchange rate nearly 15   if buy from the uk  not wasteing  that much  when they have a  cash shop as well . the priceing for this game has gone  right up if live in the  eu

• skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140

It is strange, all these years it was the lack of people and difficulty finding teams that frustrated me and made me not feel like paying.

This time around though im finding myself getting bored with the combat and my proffessions, i am starting to wonder if i'm just getting tired of gaming in general.

Ao needs more players but im not sure if havign more players would make me want to play all day like i used to.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by skuly

It is strange, all these years it was the lack of people and difficulty finding teams that frustrated me and made me not feel like paying.

This time around though im finding myself getting bored with the combat and my proffessions, i am starting to wonder if i'm just getting tired of gaming in general.  

Ao needs more players but im not sure if havign more players would make me want to play all day like i used to.

I think it's more than the look that dates anarchy online.

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Oh how i wish they would make an AO 2.0.

I always keep this game on my computer, i get urges to hop back in..usually take a NT up through the subway and run a few missions.  That experience, up through the subway, has to be my favorite intro to a game...the starter area and the subway....

If only it wasnt for the archaic combat, lack of the old community ( a few people who act like the old AO community still exist however), and knowing that shadowlands still exists as a heck grinding way to bypass a solid game(despite the actual world and storyline of SL was fantastic)...id play this untill the engin came out...which is becomming quite a running joke by now.

I know people quit games due to a lack of grouping...but this was a game that was extremely soloable (yes i agree grouping is more fun)

Im just one of the many people who dream of a time before 2004 when the mmorpgs became mmo-action games.

My hope and dream regarding mmorpgs is that after TSW they put some manpower doing something with this. 

• norvaknorvak Member UncommonPosts: 53

AO has never left my sight.  When I get bored with all other games AO is always there to ground me.  Right now I am currently bored with Rift, SWTOR, and WoW.  Back to AO I go!  The game is smaller now, not as many people play, but that is fine.  I still have a blast picking up a mish and heading out.

Since the AOFroobs website is pretty much dead in the water, its hard to find people that play the same time I do.