Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

unable to get in... :(

sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

3 times in a row gets all the way down to 6 user waiting and says 1 min remaining and just sits there nothing happens.. I let it sit with 6 users left for 30 min + each time.. tried both servers.. anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

I got in a few times, but it keeps booting me out before I'm done creating my character.  Going to give up trying for a while :/

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

There should not be Queues on Closed Beta Testing.. Since it is limited to some people only it should have enough people not to have Queues... whos going to test the game from a never ending Q line? lol

• jimmytrouserjimmytrouser Member UncommonPosts: 51

It took me 2 hours to get in and I got booted a couple of times.

In all honesty if you are looking for something new then don't bother with Tera.  Your character cannot move when they use their skills - not very action orientated I think. 

It's the same old thing: go here and kill these mobs; go here and speak to this dude.

Really? This is the best they can think of.

I understand that some who have never played MMOs before, or even MMO veterans may like it.  But Tera is just the same as the other MMO themepark games with nice graphics.  And yes, the graphics are amazing; but that's it.

My view is wait for GW 2; that's what I am going to do.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

Originally posted by rojo6934

There should not be Queues on Closed Beta Testing.. Since it is limited to some people only it should have enough people not to have Queues... whos going to test the game from a never ending Q line? lol

On the plus side you have ample opportunity to beta test the queue lines, which judging by the crashes I've had still needs some work.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by jimmytrouser

In all honesty if you are looking for something new then don't bother with Tera.  Your character cannot move when they use their skills - not very action orientated I think. 

It's the same old thing: go here and kill these mobs; go here and speak to this dude.

I understand that some who have never played MMOs before, or even MMO veterans may like it.  But Tera is just the same as the other MMO themepark games with nice graphics.  And yes, the graphics are amazing; but that's it.

i havent played the beta and i noticed this from many gameplay videos right away....

just like i said in other posts.... lately,  developers of subscription based mmos are focusing on 1 part of the game (in Teras case, combat) then leaving the rest of the game experience very generic... that wont hold many subscribers

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by jimmytrouser

i havent played the beta and i noticed this from many gameplay videos right away....

just like i said in other posts.... lately,  developers of subscription based mmos are focusing on 1 part of the game (in Teras case, combat) then leaving the rest of the game experience very generic... that wont hold many subscribers

yea I'm not expecting much.. but if combat is fun I'm hoping it may keep my interest till GW2 or TSW come out..  wish swtor combat was fun I'd just stick with that but combat/classes/talents in that game are just horrible..

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

I wouldn't pull your hair out over it, the characters are likely to be wiped and you aren't missing much. I've spent the last 3 hours in character screen and testing at all the classes.

Originally posted by Mallen91

I wouldn't pull your hair out over it, the characters are likely to be wiped and you aren't missing much. I've spent the last 3 hours in character screen and testing at all the classes.

funny was going to only give it one more try.. and this time got in:)

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Can you delete a character strait away? We in the EU are still using the Alpha this weekend, (CB1 in a week) and it says 168hrs till my archer is deleted.

As to not moving while firing, could it be at attempt to provide balance in pvp with melee? I wonder if it would be easy for them to change it if enough requested it. Doesnt really bother me, happy with the other combat mechanisms, though this does create the possiblity that GW2's combat could be even more action based.

Think they said that they aren't going to wipe these characters.. Instead, there's just a level cap of 22.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by Vhaln

Think they said that they aren't going to wipe these characters.. Instead, there's just a level cap of 22.

For US version they are wiping after closed beta.

Characters created in open beta will not be wiped.

EU will not wipe characters at all.

Originally posted by zakiyawow

For US version they are wiping after closed beta.

Characters created in open beta will not be wiped.

EU will not wipe characters at all.

So confusing.  Where do they post this info?

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

I started to get booted too the game is insanely laggy at the moment.  Servers both fucking suck ass.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/FAQ-Beta-plan-feedback-and-character-wipes

There ya go... a couple of paragraphs in.  Closed Beta Wipes, Open Beta saves.. but the OB (per the schedule) looks to be like the weekend before Live.  So it's not much of an OB.

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

I started to get booted too the game is insanely laggy at the moment.  Servers both fucking suck ass.

been playing last 4 hours straight no issues here

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by sanosukex

Aye Sano how has those 4 hours been, Im still downloading

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by sanosukex

Aye Sano how has those 4 hours been, Im still downloading

i'm waiting till I get to level 20 with one char before a do a first impressions review.. but I tried all chars to level 6 to get a feel for their basic combat... so far its fun although its much like perfect world mixed with AION.. I like the look of the character models a lot and the world so far is very nice.. Also game runs great with 8x AA forced on with everything else at max.. although I turned off the lighting enrichment since I don't really care for the overly contrast look. Anyway I settled in on an archer for now and ill post my impressions once I get little higher