Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are MMORPG's still "massive"?

2»

Comments

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Ya these are only the systems that have been discovered within my ships sensor range. There are 3 other government faction areas of space not even shown there, and then theres a huge area of undiscovered space. I think the devs said there are over 100k separate galaxies with explorable planetary systems in each one. EvE and Star Sonata 2 are both good examples of huge maps though.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

Originally posted by TruthXHurts

Ya these are only the systems that have been discovered within my ships sensor range. There are 3 other government faction areas of space not even shown there, and then theres a huge area of undiscovered space. I think the devs said there are over 100k separate galaxies with explorable planetary systems in each one. EvE and Star Sonata 2 are both good examples of huge maps though.

There cannot be 100k galaxies unless said galaxies contain farm less than the real number of planets.

Originally posted by Cuathon

There cannot be 100k galaxies unless said galaxies contain farm less than the real number of planets.

Sorry not galaxies it is a model of the Milky Way system. So it has over 100k solar systems not galaxies.

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

Sorry not galaxies it is a model of the Milky Way system. So it has over 100k solar systems not galaxies.

Ah okay. WF has about 73 galaxies and maybe 150k star systems, but its text based as opposed to 3d.

• CalfisCalfis Member UncommonPosts: 381

Huge maps are great but how inhabited are they? Can it say, suddenly go from 8 guys in a solar system to over 100? Then another 100 on top of that? As your heart sinks when you realize they aren't friendly to you. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Originally posted by Warmaker

MMORPGs now are just Single Player RPGs that require an internet connection.

Period.

how do you do a 5-man dungeon, or a 10-man raid with a single player?

More accurately, MMORPGs are small group co-op RPG, more and more like Diablo.

You are finally admitting thing?

Hallelujah!

Admitting what? I always said small group content is the future. And if the market wants to call it MMORPGs ... then they will be the new MMORPGs.

Originally posted by Calfis

Huge maps are great but how inhabited are they? Can it say, suddenly go from 8 guys in a solar system to over 100? Then another 100 on top of that? As your heart sinks when you realize they aren't friendly to you. 

Sadly right now there are only about 30 to 50 players. this game has all but failed and is being pulled back from the edge by a new developer. It's fun still though. We took out the entire Starfleet tonight. 4 ships. Got a couple of them in our brig to sell for ransom.