Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who has the better pvp, Rift or WoW?

2»

Comments

• EnoshEnosh Member Posts: 140

guild wars

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

In terms of combat system/responsiveness - WoW is far superior, in my opinion. Especially if you play a Rogue.

Other than that, they're both relatively similar - and none of them have what I consider "meaningful" PvP.

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

This is why I cannot stand the Guild Wars community. And I'm sorry for those of you who are respectful Guild Wars players but the majority of Guild Wars fans on forums are just so elitist that I want to tear my eye balls out. 

The OP didn't ask what game do you think have the best PvP of every MMO game (and Guild Wars isn't really an MMO) ever created. He/She wanted to know what has better PvP, World of Warcraft or Rift?

So, let me answer that question. In my OPINION, it's World of Warcraft. Somebody said something about it being the most polished game on the market... and I tend to agree. The game generates a lot of hate (as most popular games do) but the fact is the game is the game is the most well-rounded, polished game on the market for PvE and PvP alike. But that's just what I believe.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

The OP is clearly looking for a game with good PvP, though.

• NargisNargis Member UncommonPosts: 8

DAOC, hands down

But given the choice between only the two its your choice ;)

WoW is a bit more polished, but Rift is newer and has some other nice features in PvE.

Playing: VGSoH
    Played: UO, DAoC, SWG, SWTOR, WoW, AoC, EQ2, Eve

• Darkfalz89Darkfalz89 Member UncommonPosts: 581

Im seeing a lot of good OLDER suggestions for games that no longer boast the same population due to age. I can look at other games but the population needs to be pretty good too. Im sure other games are great but playing the waithammer game when playing warhammer is just meh. WAR is one the the better games ive been considering but while T4 is nice and dandy, T2-3 is so dead or destro overpopulated you need to litteraly play treasure hunter and find order players just to pvp. I could just wind up resubbing to WAR due to the fun i did have when i banded order together since it was still fun.

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

Originally posted by Darkfalz89

Im seeing a lot of good OLDER suggestions for games that no longer boast the same population due to age. I can look at other games but the population needs to be pretty good too. Im sure other games are great but playing the waithammer game when playing warhammer is just meh. WAR is one the the better games ive been considering but while T4 is nice and dandy, T2-3 is so dead or destro overpopulated you need to litteraly play treasure hunter and find order players just to pvp. I could just wind up resubbing to WAR due to the fun i did have when i banded order together since it was still fun.

You could try to go korean, Lineage 2 free servers, even pure pvp ones are quite common, and they offer a real buffer/healer experience, not just "try to tank half of the opposing team for as long as possible", and ofcourse Aion or a simpler spinoff of those, like Aika.

Depends on what you are looking for, i know people who enjoy pvp in Runescape, which is a different form of a exercise in futility, you are either paing and players twoshot eachother or you are free and you need 3 mouses because everything has to be clicked, but on free it atleast requires some form of skill :)

As for population, it does not guarantee fun or enough players to pvp (and group pve) at any level, a game 2-3 years after release is quite different from what "launch" players experience, for example battlegrounds in wow before maxlevel were empty or full of twinks (not a pleasant experience for a new player) even at 12mil highpoint, the biggest difference between games is where the largest part of population is, for 80 max, 60-80? 75-80? 40-80? 80? 80-and-last-tier-and-bored ? :)

Flame on!

:)