Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Typical day of SWTOR for me

See what I've sold on the GTN.
Craft some restock.
See who's online and say hi.
Browse the GTN for schematics I might want to collect.
Put some new items up for sale.
Send out all my companions to gather various materials for me.
Head to my ship and run space missions while the companions are out (offsets the cost).
Pick a random planet and hit the lightspeed.
Put some companions back to work!
Arrive at my destination /1 general: "Anyone need help with heroics?"
Help lower level players with some 4+ quests. Meet n greet etc etc.
Wife wants to do some quests. Head over to where shes at and get some social points.
Keep those companions busy!
Head over to Nar Shaddaa cantina for some RP.
Say gnight.

Log off.

Having a great time. It doesnt always have to be about loot or pvp or raiding. MMOs are largely what you make it. Looking forward to TSW and GW2 as well (I know shock and awe, right?)

Happy gaming and be good to each other :)

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Comments

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

It's almost as if you were trying to justify logging into this laborious and tedious game.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I PvP all day and raid on our raid days. I'm like the exact opposite of you.

For some reason I really love playing Huttball.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Originally posted by noncley
    It's almost as if you were trying to justify logging into this laborious and tedious game.

Nope. Just sharing my experience and playstyle :)

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

Originally posted by dubyahite
    I PvP all day and raid on our raid days. I'm like the exact opposite of you. For some reason I really love playing Huttball.

Hehe. I did enough warzones to gear out Andronikos. He's my go to guy while I'm out questing/helping folks.

I enjoy the occasional warzone as a tank. Its a pretty unique experience. I got my fill of raids a few years back playing WoW. Who knows, maybe I'll jump in down the road.

But for now, working my crew and running space missions is like my bread n butter haha. It scratches that multitasking/ocd itch :)

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

The way you were going point by point I thought you were complaining because you were bored.  I didn't realize till the end that you thought this was a positive experience, lol.  To each there own.

I'm level 49 now.  Once I hit 50 I'll probably be doing the same until my sub expires on the 18th.  To me what you described seems rather tedious, but until another mmo launches I guess I might resub.  Just downloaded the Rift free trial...another themeparke, but what the hell, gonna give it a go.

• RavenspenRavenspen Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Huttbal is actually really fun, the first two times a night you play it. I usually do whatever suits my fancy. The crafting in this game is actually fun and I love the social weaving on flashpoints. I'm also a bit obsessive about finishing codex entries.

Originally posted by Terranah
    The way you were going point by point I thought you were complaining because you were bored.  I didn't realize till the end that you thought this was a positive experience, lol.  To each there own.

I'm level 49 now.  Once I hit 50 I'll probably be doing the same until my sub expires on the 18th.  To me what you described seems rather tedious, but until another mmo launches I guess I might resub.  Just downloaded the Rift free trial...another themeparke, but what the hell, gonna give it a go.

Hehe yeah I didnt want to be all like "OMG I just sent out a companion for grade 4 Luxury Fabrics WOOT!" But I do enjoy the fact that I can manage a crew, pew pew spaceships, roleplay in a cool lookin bar, help lowbies, and craft things that people actually buy.

I know my playstyle is rather niche, but there are plenty of folks like me out there that enjoy mmos this way. I am an SWG vet and did this with my ranger and droid engineer for years. Travel around, help people out, provide goods and services, cultivate a friends list :)

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by DannyGlover

Craft some restock.

Head to my ship and run space missions while the companions are out (offsets the cost).

Wife wants to do some quests. Head over to where shes at and get some social points.

Say gnight.

Log off.

Having a great time. It doesnt always have to be about loot or pvp or raiding. MMOs are largely what you make it. Looking forward to TSW and GW2 as well (I know shock and awe, right?)

I have to say, you game like I do.  Forget the leveling, it comes with time.  No rush, just enjoy the experience.

I like your post.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

People read and see what they want to. Negativity begets negativity.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

It's good that you're enjoying it.

Personaly it sounds very un-interesting but each to his own.

+1 for being polite :)

..Cake..

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by Shivam

People read and see what they want to. Negativity begets negativity.

Amen

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

My typical day goes like this:

post a few LFG messages

not find a group

check GTN for what i've sold and for available materials / upgrades

post a few more LFG messages

still not find a group

fire up EQ2 in the background

still not find a group

tab over to EQ2 and post a few LFG messages 

not find a group in EQ2

tab back to TOR and post a few LFG messages

still not find a group in TOR

set up my companions to craft and mission

tab back over to EQ2 and post a few more LFG messages

still not find a group in EQ2

tab back over to TOR

check more stuff on GTN

tab over to EQ2 again and post yet more LFG messages

shut down EQ2

back in TOR, go to my current planet and solo 2 or 3 quests

shut down TOR

I keep wondering how many MMO subs i have to keep in order to actually log in and get groups for stuff...thank god for TOR having really fun crafting.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by arieste

My typical day goes like this:

post a few LFG messages

not find a group

check GTN for what i've sold and for available materials / upgrades

still not find a group

fire up EQ2 in the background

still not find a group

tab over to EQ2 and post a few LFG messages 

not find a group in EQ2

tab back to TOR and post a few LFG messages

still not find a group in TOR

set up my companions to craft and mission

tab back over to EQ2 and post a few more LFG messages

tab back over to TOR

check more stuff on GTN

tab over to EQ2 again and post yet more LFG messages

shut down EQ2

back in TOR, go to my current planet and solo 2 or 3 quests

shut down TOR

I keep wondering how many MMO subs i have to keep in order to actually log in and get groups for stuff...thank god for TOR having really fun crafting.

Umm..find guilds? :(

Typical day for me is

Play my latest sub-50 alt for X hours.

Shut down.

Have 3 50s so far but still having a blast.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Originally posted by outfctrl

Craft some restock.

Say gnight.

Log off.

I have to say, you game like I do.  Forget the leveling, it comes with time.  No rush, just enjoy the experience.

I like your post.

Still dont have a level 50 but enjoying the game ALOT, playing slow with friends and just having fun

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    I usually start the launcher, start listening to music while the 6th patch in 3 days downloads, then I just forget about it and dont play at all.

Probably why my highest level is only 31
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

I usually start the launcher, start listening to music while the 6th patch in 3 days downloads, then I just forget about it and dont play at all.

Probably why my highest level is only 31

You beat me, I made it to lvl 25.

• proponentproponent Member UncommonPosts: 92

Check market

Sit in WZ queue for 30+ min 

Log out

Happens almost everyday. Must be my playtime. On Black Vulkar.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I have 8 characters I am moving slowly through the game and not hurrying or anything I play very leisurely and I am grateful to be still enjoying the game. My highest is 20.

Chamber of Chains
  • NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

I don't know if its a server issue, or what. But I have never had a problem finding a group, usually within a few minutes. Also, WZ queues are usually under 10 min, often under 5, and once in the queue, you can go non stop till you don't want to anymore.

I guess BW needs to consider some server migration, as much as they probably don't want to.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by Naral

I don't know if its a server issue, or what. But I have never had a problem finding a group, usually within a few minutes. Also, WZ queues are usually under 10 min, often under 5, and once in the queue, you can go non stop till you don't want to anymore.

I guess BW needs to consider some server migration, as much as they probably don't want to.

It really does vary per server. I doubt they will do merges anytime soon although frankly there are some that could use it.

What I'm hoping for is they offer transfers soon for those that would wish to do so.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

In my level-26 opinion, lack of groups has less to do with population and more with the game.

- groups are only 4 people and can be done with 2 or 3 if you know how to use companions.  Since many people play in pairs to start with, less groups are LFM.

- instances are pretty pointless to do because

- most people that DO group, don't want to run instance "on-level" or higher, so you're stuck doing instances long after your gear has outleveled it.

- game is based around story and after the first instance there is no more story (esselles has all these cinematics and choices and stuff, but then Hammer, Athiss and Mandalorians have nothing of the sort).

- everything is tank'n'spank.  the biggest challenge is actually finding a tank and managing the terrible UI (you're welcome to try and explain to me WTF the shorcut to target the first group member is F3, 2nd is F4 and 3rd is F2.)

I really liked Esselles back in beta and was excited about the prospect of doing the rest of the instances in the game, but now that i've done the next three, it just looks like they made Esselles so they could advertise an experience that isn't offered in the other instances.  Maybe as you get higher level it gets better, but honestly.. why wouldn't ALL the instances be done with the same care and polish?

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I thought it was going to be a bash

lol the op have a weird description of "fun"

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

I'd like to extend an open invitation to anyone who would like to start fresh on a new server. My main is on Vrook Lamar lvl 43 Sith Assassin. I'd be happy to help you out with tougher quests and even some flashpoints. I have a ton of low level synthweaving artifact quality recipes. If you make an inquisitor, I can outfit you with some great gear for cheap (maybe even free if you ask nice) :)

If you are interested, send me a pm with your new character's name and I'll mail you in game.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

Originally posted by arieste

In my level-26 opinion, lack of groups has less to do with population and more with the game.

- groups are only 4 people and can be done with 2 or 3 if you know how to use companions.  Since many people play in pairs to start with, less groups are LFM.

- instances are pretty pointless to do because

- most people that DO group, don't want to run instance "on-level" or higher, so you're stuck doing instances long after your gear has outleveled it.

- game is based around story and after the first instance there is no more story (esselles has all these cinematics and choices and stuff, but then Hammer, Athiss and Mandalorians have nothing of the sort).

- everything is tank'n'spank.  the biggest challenge is actually finding a tank and managing the terrible UI (you're welcome to try and explain to me WTF the shorcut to target the first group member is F3, 2nd is F4 and 3rd is F2.)

I really liked Esselles back in beta and was excited about the prospect of doing the rest of the instances in the game, but now that i've done the next three, it just looks like they made Esselles so they could advertise an experience that isn't offered in the other instances.  Maybe as you get higher level it gets better, but honestly.. why wouldn't ALL the instances be done with the same care and polish?

1. Well it is population on my server. When you have 40 or less people running around on your fleet and less to speak of on planets it can be difficult to find people. Although if there were better lfg mechanics this would alleviate some of the problem. Part of the problem is at higher levels people simply get way too spread out so trying to form a group outside of your guild is a serious pain in the ass.

2. Some of the lower level ones can be done with a companion. I wouldn't recommend it. Can be fairly tough to pull off but it is doable. Some of the higher level ones it simply cannot be done because of the mechanics in some places with boss fights or actions that take place (trying not to give any spoilers).

3. I can't relate to this although I agree many do feel this way. I always run them around the level they're categorized at. Why so many want to wait until they're several levels above it is beyond me because it does indeed trivialize it.

4. There are a few later on with stories thrown into it like the first fp. Although you are correct that the majority are not done in the same story format as the first one you do. Which I suppose is a shame. Depends on how much you value their storytelling ability I guess.

5. Everything is not tank and spank. You aren't going to find anything revolutionary in these fps by any means but there are mechanics at play in some of these that involve moving around/placement, paying attention to your surroundings, or taking action with items to further the boss battle.

6. Their ui preference and inability to customize it is the pits. No doubt about it. Looking forward to when they allow for customization. Should have already been put in place but hey...better late than never I suppose.

I like thier fps personally. Just wish it wasn't such a headache to try and group for them. Although I will say from my experience they're a hell of a lot easier than trying to group for the 4 man heroics on the higher level planets.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Terranah

Hehe yeah I didnt want to be all like "OMG I just sent out a companion for grade 4 Luxury Fabrics WOOT!" But I do enjoy the fact that I can manage a crew, pew pew spaceships, roleplay in a cool lookin bar, help lowbies, and craft things that people actually buy.

I know my playstyle is rather niche, but there are plenty of folks like me out there that enjoy mmos this way. I am an SWG vet and did this with my ranger and droid engineer for years. Travel around, help people out, provide goods and services, cultivate a friends list :)

Roll a toon on Vulkar Highway for late night EST and come give me a hand then.  When I can group, I stay logged in.  The moment I'm solo, I just logoff.  I haven't figured out if it is the game itself, or just me being a burned out MMO vet of 10 years who hates grinding alone.