Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill based fantasy game on the horizon?

sethanonsethanon Member Posts: 46

Has ANYONE heard of any single server huge world, OPTIONAL pvp FANTASY based game thats SKILL BASED not level grind thats in concept?

Im getting pretty discouraged :(

Comments

• SafirSafir Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by sethanon

Has ANYONE heard of any single server huge world, OPTIONAL pvp FANTASY based game thats SKILL BASED not level grind thats in concept?
    Im getting pretty discouraged :(

Wish ? image image
  • darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

Wish was canceled...

Anyway, the cloest thing I can think of would be Guild Wars, even though it's not really an MMORPG. It is optional PvP (but a big part of the game nonetheless), Fantasy based, there hardly is much level grind, which then makes the game depend on skill selection and strategy actually. There is a single server, but that is a little misleading, because everything is split up into districts, then all the PvE missions you do are instanced, so up to 6 people go in the mission, and those are the only people you see around. The explorable areas are pretty big, so if you like exploring, you can go ahead and do that. But if you want to go straight to a mission, you can directly warp to it on your map.

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

he said skill based AND skill based that means both of them hence not guildwars since its lv bases

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• sethanonsethanon Member Posts: 46

I beta tested GW and thx for the suggestion, but no that game wont work. I want a world that feels like its alive, like Wish did and DnL looks like it will. GW felt to much like a video game.