Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the new eve online website is much better

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

The new website is absolutely horrible in my book...

CCP is always original in ways how to succeed but also how to fail.

Descending to pigeonholing makes the information provided by website virtually useless and confusing for either "sandbox" or "themepark" interested players.

I can't imagine a new or potentially new player obtaining any useful and coherent information from that pile of random trash.

The new website seem to suffer of "I want to please everyone" syndrome.

Once again I say that EVE suffers of lost identity and new website is just another symptom of ongoing illness.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

Yeah, I also liked the older better :-/ This new site is more interactive though

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

Don't like it much either. The things i went to the website for was primarily dev blogs and the forums. Devblogs are now 3 clicks and pages away instead of 1. Forums are still 1 click away which i guess is ok, even if I have to mouseover the menu at the top first.

• SlaverHoundSlaverHound Member Posts: 109

Originally posted by Lille7

Don't like it much either. The things i went to the website for was primarily dev blogs and the forums. Devblogs are now 3 clicks and pages away instead of 1. Forums are still 1 click away which i guess is ok, even if I have to mouseover the menu at the top first.

Or you could just bookmark what you want and then it's one click away.

The main website is to bring in people that haven't played or tried eve before and the new website will do a better job of that over the old one.

I think they should of taken the UI from the game, stripped it down a bit and apply it to the webpage.

"Lectroids? Planet 10? Nuclear extortion? A girl named "John"?

• kovahkovah Member UncommonPosts: 692

I use Google Reader (RSS Aggregator) to follow the DevBlogs and News and my link to their site goes directly to the forums.  That said, I browsed around the new site yesterday and I think it's less cluttered.  The menu on the left for the old site was a bit overwhelming then add on all the other random stuff across the former main page.  

I dunno, I like it but that might just be a knee-jerk reaction to gd...   :)

o7

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

i agree the old page was better looking the dark was everything :))

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by Lille7

community.eveonline.com

Dev blogs are 1 click away.

Almost everything is, really. Well, except the forums for some reason.

Edit:

I like the new community site, and at a glance, the sites linked in the OP are pretty cool, too. But I don't know. A lot of it is very fancy.. CQ/Incarna fancy. Meh.

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

For me I like the new site better. It was time for a change after all these many years. And it really shows the additions to the game over the years.