Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

-- STOP asking for beta keys or "buddy keys"!!!

fnysfnys Member Posts: 88

I knew this would happend!

All you that asking for beta keys, STOP IT, I can guarantee that noone will answer your post with a message: -"Here, take mine!" I know many need beta keys now and every guildwars forum peoples are screaming right now... even maybe paying for a beta key, yes, a one-weekend beta key!
Some other communities are "down bombed" (as we say in sweden ), and It's no need to even try to get support, ask other questions etc because of all this spamming after betakeys.

Only thing you can do is buy the pre-order box. This is totally an opinion from person to person, but I say that it's worth the price.
You maybe have a friend that buyed guildwars but started to play World of Warcraft instead, I don't know...

Admin, I beg you to do something that stops this spamming. For exapmle: Post a sticky topic that says "ne need to beg for any beta keys" or something! It looks exactly the same at every guildwars forum, and thats really sad.

Guildwars - WSC guild
-> Ingame: Frigus Fnys
-> Profession: N/Mo

Comments

• gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

I agree. Although I would want a key myself, begging for it is just annoying and freaks the hell out of many of us. IF someone for some very good reason has to give his/her key because he/she cannot participate, I would think that:

a)he/she has friends who are very interested on getting that key

b)he/she would notify about it in here or somewhere else. For example he/she might put up a new conpetition for the key. This has happened few times here, I recall.

• TeowulffTeowulff Member Posts: 6

I don't fully agree with this! OK the continuous asking for keys is not a nice thing but the given arguments aren't all that valid, I think.

1. I got my beta key from a forum where u could place yr name on a list! Maybe MMORPG.com could do the same;

2. Pre-order isn't really possible in Europe (as a swede you should know), except at very high extra costs at an english online-shop; I would have bought the $5-$10 pre-order package in the shop if it was anywhere available;

3. A friends' key should be meant for people who want to try the game to see if they like it, and that's simply a matter of taste. Not everybody will like the game and subsequently the $50 isn't worth it for everyone, especially if they don't have a chance to try it.

Basically everyone w/ out key could wait till the game is released. But I can imagine that the hype and good reviews and screenshots make people very curious. Next to the limited contests, a list as aforementioned could bundle all requests.

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

Most people that have friend passes will end up using them. Everyone I know that had a pass, does happen to have at least one friend that plays MMORPGs. The chances of getting one on this forum are slim to none by just asking.

For starters, even if I did happen to have a key they wouldn't just give it to someone that posts and only has about 5 or 10 posts or less. That doesn't prove they are interested in the game. If someone really wanted to understand the game, and posted regularily it might be a different story. If you aren't going to express an interest in this forum (with intelligent posting) then why should we waste a key on you? Chances are, if we gave you that key, you'd take off and we'd never hear anything back.

Second, if there are many other requests for a key ahead of you, don't bother asking. 99% of those other posts were told there weren't any. And just because you post it again, doesn't magically make one available. It just ends up really annoying the regular posters here, which will ensure that you don't receive one.

A friend key is just that. For a friend. You can have a net friend, or a real life friend. BUT most people won't give their key away just because someone asks. All you have to do is be active (posting intelligently and adding to our discussion) and you may just make a friend who may have a free key. No one will come out and say they have one, or they will be incessantly spammed by people.

Lastly, if you just want a key, go to any of the many websites offering key contests. There are a lot of them. Just don't waste our time by posting threads we will never read or positively acknowledge.

And yes, we are all aware that our European neighbors don't have access to pre-orders. And for that we can sympathize. However, for most North American games that are released that is the general tradition. Whether it is right or wrong, that is the way the ball rolls. The cost for Arena.net to ship that many pre-order packages overseas would be enormously prohibitive.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    I dont see why you people are begging for keys when you can go out and put $5 down on the game and get a pre-order copy of it, and if you dont like it then you dont have to buy the game. Better to put down $5 then waste $60 and end up not likein the game.