Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European Tera Coll. Ed. differs from NA Coll. Ed.

RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

Just found out that there are actually two kinds of CE for Tera. One for Europe (Frogster) and one for North America (EnMasse).

The European Collector's Edition contains:

- All Digital CE benefits

- Map

- Trading cards

- T-Shirt

- Artbook

- Soundtrack

You can watch it here: http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/28769164/TERA-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=tera+online&cur=258&urlrefer=search

The North American Collector's Edition contains:

- All Digital CE benefits

- Map

- Letter of Marque

- Valkyon Federation Handbook

- Federation Issued Compass

- Soundtrack

You can watch it here: http://tera.enmasse.com/preorder

A good thing to keep in mind if you want to have a certain item.

Comments

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Quite a significant difference in price, is anyone really thinking of getting the eu ce? The US one I can see the point but this eu ce seems full of junk that not even a fan would really want.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• RagnorMalakRagnorMalak Member UncommonPosts: 115

Originally posted by mrw0lf

Quite a significant difference in price, is anyone really thinking of getting the eu ce? The US one I can see the point but this eu ce seems full of junk that not even a fan would really want.

I did. But it has more to do with the fact that I want to get into beta, because Sneak Peek weekend was cancelled. Might be able to help a bit with bugtracking as well. When I really like the game I might buy the EnMasse edition if I can find a distributor. Still even the euro collector's edition is really cheap in the UK: 54 euro's.

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005

LOL What are you saying? Both CEs are full of junk, or are you trying to say that the $5 compass is going to be worth more than the $5 t-shirt, they look pretty worthless to me, if anything a cheap t-shirt will have a bit more use than a cheap made compass.

There is a reason the collectors are 30 quid and not 100 like some of the recent collectors I have seen. They are both junk sadly, might aswell buy the digital CEs as that will have some ingame fluff.

Wow just realized the US one will be 50 quid in comparison to the european one that is 30, seems like a ripoff as I dont see anything in there that is gonna be worth the 20 pounds more unless the compass is gold plated.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

Originally posted by RagnorMalak

I did. But it has more to do with the fact that I want to get into beta, because Sneak Peek weekend was cancelled. Might be able to help a bit with bugtracking as well. When I really like the game I might buy the EnMasse edition if I can find a distributor. Still even the euro collector's edition is really cheap in the UK: 54 euro's.

Don't forget you have to play the version where you bought it from.

You can't play the EU version with US edition and vise versa.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

I'd gladly pay $20 more for a compass, cloth map, handbook, soundtrack and letter to marque because these can be put up on your wall or on a shelf and look nice. For only $20, that's nothing.

Compare this to SW:TORs $180 collectors edition and it's extremely laughable, I feel bad for anyone who was a big enough fanboy to buy that garbage.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

I'd gladly pay $20 more for a compass, cloth map, handbook, soundtrack and letter to marque because these can be put up on your wall or on a shelf and look nice. For only $20, that's nothing.

Compare this to SW:TORs $180 collectors edition and it's extremely laughable, I feel bad for anyone who was a big enough fanboy to buy that garbage.

Actually I sold my statue for SWTOR for 100 on craigslist :)

so 50 bux for CE for me

Fanboys scare me...who would...why...I don't even.

LOL I bet you don't drink wine that is 200 +  a bottle ?

Edit :

Its nothing different form people who collect cars, antiques. They have the money and they like it so they just spend money on it.

Also, yes, 200 a bottle really taste better than 5 dollar wine. Try it sometimes. :)

Originally posted by zakiyawow

LOL I bet you don't drink wine that is 200 +  a bottle ?

Edit :

Its nothing different form people who collect cars, antiques. They have the money and they like it so they just spend money on it.

Also, yes, 200 a bottle really taste better than 5 dollar wine. Try it sometimes. :)

Or buy your own grapes and ferment them yourself to your taste and make 100 bottles for $80.

Try it sometime. :-)

Edit: I exagerrated a little, not 100 bottles but you can make a lot, also, I know what you're getting at but antiques are rare, this figure can be baught in many places and is just a cheap plastic production maybe 10" tall. :/

Or buy your own grapes and ferment them yourself to your taste and make 100 bottles for $80.

To each's own :) I can afford it

Why do it when someone else can do it for me ?

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

collectors editions are scams that are full of useless junk you don't need.

Exactly by the time he finished buying the grapes and making the wine to sell me I already made 100 times that money and would probably buy somewhere else anyway as the wine just wouldnt be of a quality I would drink.

I'd feel bad spending that much money on so little...it's a moral thing.

Moral ? Make money, spend money, enjoy life.

What's immoral about it ? I don't steal and I earn my money. Seems moral to me.

If you are talking about others in the world ...well I don't know them and lots charities have even more scam than you can imagine. Just look at the history trend.

Yeah, I don't feel bad at all.

As someone mentioned, time i spend doing those things are waste money in my case.

That's why I hire maid to clean house instead of me doing it.

Moral ? Make money, spend money, enjoy life.

What's immoral about it ? I don't steal and I earn my money. Seems moral to me.

If you are talking about others in the world ...well I don't know them and lots charities have even more scam than you can imagine. Just look at the history trend.

Yeah, I don't feel bad at all.

As someone mentioned, time i spend doing those things are waste money in my case.

That's why I hire maid to clean house instead of me doing it.

It is for me, i'd feel much better buying a $200 gift for a family member or friend or a months worth of food for a homeless person and their family rather than spending $200 on something like a bottle of wine.  I spend money for myself, don't get me wrong, but I would just feel like a bad person sitting there drinking my $200 glass of wine(not saying you're a bad person x.x) knowing how serious poverty is right now.

Also I know charity organizations are corrupt, never said i'd give my money there.

It is for me, i'd feel much better buying a $200 gift for a family member or friend or a months worth of food for a homeless person than spending $200 on something like a bottle of wine.  I spend money for myself, don't get me wrong, but I would just feel like a bad person sitting there drinking my $200 glass of wine(not saying you're a bad person x.x) knowing how serious poverty is right now.

Also I know charity organizations are corrupt, never said i'd give my money there.

Well, you didnt think broad enough.

A 200 bottle wine creates jobs. There are people hired to take care of grapes. People to harvest them. Then some people to make them. Shipping and transportation creates jobs for drivers. A 200 bottle wine might have helped more people than you think ;)

It is for me, i'd feel much better buying a $200 gift for a family member or friend or a months worth of food for a homeless person than spending $200 on something like a bottle of wine.  I spend money for myself, don't get me wrong, but I would just feel like a bad person sitting there drinking my $200 glass of wine(not saying you're a bad person x.x) knowing how serious poverty is right now.

A 200 bottle wine creates jobs. There are people hired to take care of grapes. People to harvest them. Then some people to make them. Shipping and transportation creates jobs for drivers. A 200 bottle wine might have helped more people than you think ;)

It helps just as much as a $10 bottle of wine would though, and i'm sure the $200 worth of groceries used more people to produce and ship than the one bottle of wine did. 

:3

I think we may have gone off topic lol...

Touche! And infact buying a 5 pounds bottle of wine from the supermarket which might actually be worth 10 pounds helps no one that producer was probably bullied into selling his wine cheaper, and in turn has to cut down on the staff and produce with less quality.

Anyway...back to the topic LOL

So far EU collector edition is better than US ...

Simply because you can't order CE edition in US beside En Masse.

If the major retailers don't update their listing, I am gonna put on my tinfoil hat :)

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

If the major retailers don't update their listing, I am gonna put on my tinfoil hat :)

lol, you guys are hilarious. I am fine with buying CEs if to me it's worth the money and I like whats in it :P

Do we know for a fact that we must order the CE through En Masse? Like Amazon won't be able to sell it? :(

Originally posted by rav3n2

Touche! And infact buying a 5 pounds bottle of wine from the supermarket which might actually be worth 10 pounds helps no one that producer was probably bullied into selling his wine cheaper, and in turn has to cut down on the staff and produce with less quality.

I'll never feel good knowing I spent $200 on a bottle of wine when possibly two billion people live on less than $2.50 a day, just makes me feel very ignorant of others.

That is just my personal opinion.

Anyways, yeah, I am wondering when the retailers will update their information about physical CE. I am somewhat dissapointed they are taking this long, I'd like to get my code before the first open BETA. If anyone knows a retailer that has them in stock, post it here please. :]

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

*looks at topic*

*looks at discussion*

Hmmmm....

Originally posted by JayFiveAlive

lol, you guys are hilarious. I am fine with buying CEs if to me it's worth the money and I like whats in it :P

Do we know for a fact that we must order the CE through En Masse? Like Amazon won't be able to sell it? :(

En Masse posted on 2/2 said they are talking to retailers to getting the CE on their site...4 days later..

The probelem with En Masse is you will get charged full once you pre-order.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by nerovipus32

collectors editions are scams that are full of useless junk you don't need.

Ya, its a scam to offer a different product you dont have to buy.

Apparently you need to learn what a scam is, because it isnt offering an alternative for those who want it.

As for all the people whining about CEs, get over yourself, you dont have to buy it and no one cares if you think its worth it or not.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

Anyways, yeah, I am wondering when the retailers will update their information about physical CE. I am somewhat dissapointed they are taking this long, I'd like to get my code before the first open BETA. If anyone knows a retailer that has them in stock, post it here please. :]

For US version ?

So far En Masse only