Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Share Your Allods Experience

AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

It’s been a week since I’ve started to post on this forum while getting to know the MMORPG community. I would like to take it a step further and better understand your current or past involvement with Allods Online, so I know where you are coming from when posting your experiences.

Please reply to the questions below. Questions are written in present tense although provide your responses accordingly depending if you are currently playing the game.

1. How did you first hear about Allods Online?

2. Do you currently play Allods Online?  If so, what level is your main character? If not, why did you stop playing?

3. What aspect of Allods Online would you like to see improved?

4. What aspect of Allods Online do you enjoy the most?

5. What is your involvement with the official Allods forum? Choose one of the following:

-I post actively

-I post casually

-I read the forum but do not post

-I never visited the official forum

6. Guilds are known to enhance one’s gameplay experience and provide a unique community experience. Are you involved in an in-game guild?

7. What special events have been hosted that you have enjoyed the most?

Comments

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

when it first came out i loved the game the battle system and all that , but when i got higher leveled it was a massive grind and the cash shoped killed it for me like many other players. only problem i had with the game

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by AllodsOnline

I don't remember how I first heard about it actually. MMOHut, Keen and Graev's gaming blog something like that. Started playing with CB4.

2. Do you currently play Allods Online?  If so, what level is your main character? If not, why did you stop playing?

Quit over Gipat, on and off very casually the first month after Gipat, not playing just complaining. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact that they wrecked the best MMO I'd ever played with one greedy patch. "Look at my sweet mount, my a$$!". Nuff said. While the guild was falling apart, I just couldn't believe that Gala didn't fix things, like right frickin' now. I waited a few weeks like that, hoping I'd be able to bring the good news, but it was too little too late. I quit, tried to get into liking other games, nothing really worked for me. I came back a few months after the killer patch. I'm at cap now (47), that will change soon enough with upcoming patch.

I'd like to see the pay to win aspect diminished. Runes are too much of an impact both on PvE and PvP. I'm also not a huge fan of end game currently. Astral is really just a way to make life impossible without some very serious runes. The whole game is geared towards pushing you to spend money for end game, even if you don't strictly have to. You used to 'need' level 4 runes, then level 5, then 6, always more and more to not fail in an astral party. If you think about it long the only real option is quiting because you'll have to quit some day anyway. The game used to make you want to spend money simply because it was such an amazing game. Those times will never come back, but I do miss them.

Graphics, Lore, open world PvP and friends still playing.

5. What is your involvement with the official Allods forum? Choose one of the following:

-I used to post casually to quite a lot. These days I rarely browse them any more unless looking for specific info.

6. Guilds are known to enhance one’s gameplay experience and provide a unique community experience. Are you involved in an in-game guild?

Of course I'm in a guild. L3 without a guild, guess not.

The hours for special events usually don't go that well for Euro players. So it would have to be longer events, Summer, Chistmas holidays events.

imageimage
  • huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I decided to give allods a try after seeing one of your adds with the sexy female elves. I was playing final fantasy 11 for a while and was between lotro and allods. It started slow so i went with LOTRO. After lords i went to allods and been playing since. I have a level 46 war and 46 recarnate mage.  I would like to see you guys to balance this game out so that each class is balanced. You guys need to implement the crafting system more. I would include cooking as a profession. And due away with the grinding. And fix the PVP get rid of the emblems and make people challenge instead of just attacking you. I dont like being attacked when im doing a quest .  My experience with Allods was doing astral confration, and melting isle. I thought that was fun when people showed up and participated.

What would make this game interesting would like i said above implement the crafting system in this game. I would love to sit there and make my own food or legendary weapon or armour and sell it . I would include the ships more. I would make a pvp ship battles or instances . Players who staff certain areas of the ship would earn ranks. Giving that ship stat boost. That would make your ship powerful.

Im in a guild Entropy. They stopped doing AC and GT for reasons i dont know.

Just keep bringing the content and you guys will be fine.

Edgar F Greenwood

• AllodsOnlineAllodsOnline Allods Online Community ManagerMember Posts: 19

Huskerman34, we've expanded on the type of ads for the game. Right now we're focusing on the orc with lightning surging through his fists which looks really good and much different than the past sexy elves haha.

I also think the crafting system can be more extensive. Cooking sounds like a fun concept to help create consumeable items. Right now the vendors in the game sell consumeables that refill health and mana although I don't think many people purchase them. I can see a cooking profession profession add more variety. Current professions can also be changed which seems to be happening with changes made with new patches.

In terms of class balance, classes are constantly being altered with new patches to  help provide balance to the overall gameplay. I'd always recommend to everyone to stick with a class that you love so with whatever changes to its skills or abilities, you'll still be able to enjoy the base of the character's abilities.

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

Basically the game is great compared to wow but lacks low lvl dungeon experience and the need to get keyed and find the obscure quests causes people to lvl right past dungeons and finding a group is like impossible. It seems like the dungeons were meant to be run after the quests in the area and that makes little sense. It would be more fun if you were guided to the dungeons earlier so you can quest while you find a group low enough to run it. or just run it instead of quests which is what I would like to do over and over but you can not  because xp falls off too quick in dungeons as you lvl and there is nothing to run for xp at certain lvl's.

There needs to be a dungeon for every lvl to get good xp in imo for the most fun.

The game is really unbalanced in how lvl's scale so drastically in power and the people that can afford great crystals can wipe the floor with new players in 1 or 2 hits. That is not what creates enjoyable pvp or a good healer experience.

I left the game more than a couple months ago because of the rune setup and how you need to find the time to grind for cash to get good ones to be able to do good healing or get good heals , quest and basically everything. The game was not fun for me after like lvl 27 or so; which is a shame because aside from the cash shop rune system and dungeon xp and imbalance in pvp the game is really quite good.

And there needs to be an xp bonus for grouping because it is hard to find a group cause the xp is less. Makes little sense to have that in an mmo.

The orc is cool stick with the female elves!!! That would be good if you guys would include crafting more. Fishing would be a great profession too. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Originally posted by freejackmack

Basically the game is great compared to wow but lacks low lvl dungeon experience and the need to get keyed and find the obscure quests causes people to lvl right past dungeons and finding a group is like impossible. It seems like the dungeons were meant to be run after the quests in the area and that makes little sense. It would be more fun if you were guided to the dungeons earlier so you can quest while you find a group low enough to run it. or just run it instead of quests which is what I would like to do over and over but you can not  because xp falls off too quick in dungeons as you lvl and there is nothing to run for xp at certain lvl's.

There needs to be a dungeon for every lvl to get good xp in imo for the most fun.

The game is really unbalanced in how lvl's scale so drastically in power and the people that can afford great crystals can wipe the floor with new players in 1 or 2 hits. That is not what creates enjoyable pvp or a good healer experience.

I left the game more than a couple months ago because of the rune setup and how you need to find the time to grind for cash to get good ones to be able to do good healing or get good heals , quest and basically everything. The game was not fun for me after like lvl 27 or so; which is a shame because aside from the cash shop rune system and dungeon xp and imbalance in pvp the game is really quite good.

And there needs to be an xp bonus for grouping because it is hard to find a group cause the xp is less. Makes little sense to have that in an mmo.

Runes arent really hard to come buy they were selling leve 4 runes in the ah for reasonable prices.Level 4 can keep you alive until you hit level 45. You dont have to visit the cash shop for everyting. If you look in the ah. They do need to raise the amount of gold they give in completing quest and selling items and weapons. They need to boost the economy buy fixing the crafting . That way people dont feel that they have to grind for gold all the time. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Originally posted by huskerman34

*snip*

Runes arent really hard to come buy they were selling leve 4 runes in the ah for reasonable prices.Level 4 can keep you alive until you hit level 45. You dont have to visit the cash shop for everyting. If you look in the ah. They do need to raise the amount of gold they give in completing quest and selling items and weapons. They need to boost the economy buy fixing the crafting . That way people dont feel that they have to grind for gold all the time. 

Crafting potions is really expensive to learn. Once you've managed to get your skill high enough there is means to earn gold with it. Giving a bit more gold for completing basic quests, would indeed help mid level players get their basic runes. There can be a significant price difference between prices on league and empire. I hear that on Tensess AH prices for chips on empire are almost twice the price of the league side.

A shared AH for both sides would help the game. If you end up on the expensive side it does get tedious. And more people quitting is not what the side with the least players needs.

imageimage

Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Originally posted by huskerman34

*snip*

Crafting potions is really expensive to learn. Once you've managed to get your skill high enough there is means to earn gold with it. Giving a bit more gold for completing basic quests, would indeed help mid level players get their basic runes. There can be a significant price difference between prices on league and empire. I hear that on Tensess AH prices for chips on empire are almost twice the price of the league side.

A shared AH for both sides would help the game. If you end up on the expensive side it does get tedious. And more people quitting is not what the side with the least players needs.

Crafting isnt that expensive you just got to know or find someone who can harvest for you. I was blacksmithing and found people who were miners and they were sellng to me cheap. As far as cash shop. Its safe to say that once you played this game its apparent that gold not cash shop items are needed. It could be a different venue to earn some cash but its not the only option. I wish they would raise the gold in the game to a decent amount.  I believe the cash shop excuse has been worn and tattered. 

Edgar F Greenwood

Originally posted by freejackmack

I would recommend checking out Skirmishes with the new Patch 3.0 coming this week since you made a comment about PvP issues. Skirmishes will feature bracket-style matches which will make it so you will only fight against others who are close to your levels. Below are the exact bracket level ranges:

23 - 25

26 - 29

30 - 32

33 - 35

36 - 38

39 - 41

42 - 44

45 - 46

47 - 50

This should provide for better PvP experiences.

In terms of party grouping, it would be nice if more players would fight together in parties. On the flip side, it's nice how the game is solo-friendly because I'm sure a lot of us have been there where the gameplay is scaled so that it is difficult to complete regular PvE content without being in a party which can cause lengthy periods of time before being able to complete any quests. The good thing about Allods Online is that it is very possible for one to solo the entire PvE content.

Skirmishes won't help with the problems finding parties for low to mid level dungeons. Also soloing the entire PvE content is entirely possible? Tell me who ever managed to solo GT ever. Must have been some really OP healer that one! :D

The game needs something more than just skirmishes and doing another reincarnation run. Without decent runes you might even get shut out for those.

imageimage
  • RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269

The Runes of Magic cash shop is OP, this game is much better in my opinion, as a veteran ROM player as well as a launch Allods player whom just got bored of it haha. So if I must play an MMO then this would be the one, C9S looks to be instanced, I really want Blade n Soul, ArcheAge, GW2, etc... But overall, this is fine for now. :)

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

I liked it when it first launched it was surprisingly polished for a game that F2P, the only aspects i would change of the game were the quests because they were exceedingly grindy half way through and what they sell in the cash shop, there were people who had game breaking armor and weaponry in this title running around doing pvp, complete turnoff for me.

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

It’s been a week since I’ve started to post on this forum while getting to know the MMORPG community. I would like to take it a step further and better understand your current or past involvement with Allods Online, so I know where you are coming from when posting your experiences.

Please reply to the questions below. Questions are written in present tense although provide your responses accordingly depending if you are currently playing the game.

I think it was on this site.  The fact that you could be undead intrigued me.

No one does these days.  Like everyone else, due to the greediness of the company, plus all my guildies left.  Also, way too much grind, stealth nerfed in gipat, and unplayable after lvl 22.

It'd have to be completely remaked.  Heck even Runes of Magic is better, and it's horrible.

Undead race.

-I post actively

-I post casually

-I never visited the official forum

I post casually

I was, but they all left for better games.

Nothing.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

logged in, got a toon to lvl 10, many other toons to lvl 5 and 6. Last couple times i logged in the chat box was empty, didnt see people questing around. uninstalled. I want to go back but i dont like to play mmos when nobody is there (there are single player games for that matter)

• steelfinsteelfin Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by rojo6934

logged in, got a toon to lvl 10, many other toons to lvl 5 and 6. Last couple times i logged in the chat box was empty, didnt see people questing around. uninstalled. I want to go back but i dont like to play mmos when nobody is there (there are single player games for that matter)

the pain sets me at the holy lands or w/e at lvl 22.

Originally posted by Cawickeng

Originally posted by rojo6934

the pain sets me at the holy lands or w/e at lvl 22.

w

You probably played empire if you got there at 22. There's an extra zone for empire, the Dream Factory, in between Wild Isles and Asee Teph. League used to get there 2 levels later and that caused quite a bit of imbalance back in the days. There are symbols for sale that instakill anyone over level 28 that has his flag up. They're cheap and do a very good job of keeping the zone clear of high level players hunting noobs. I think they deal about 10 times 900K damage, just in case you had shields that would be able to absord that kind of damage.

imageimage
  • TheTrueKingTheTrueKing Member Posts: 427

First off if this is PioPico you know who I am :D

*Bows* Kingarthur Nezeb Server Camelot Guild at your service!

I heard about ALLODS from here mmorpg.com and mmohut.com

Last month I came back to check out the new patch and mess round with the bard.  Logged onto Kingarthur to see what was once one of the top guilds on Nezeb dead... so sad... Then I climbed onto my Astral ship which finished the day the Gipat Patch virus destroyed the best Game I've ever played.. 

Kingarthur never reached past level 41.  you know as well as anyone who was active prior to Gipat that I as well as a massive amount of my members played very actively, We helped with BBQ events with GM Chomp and GM PioPico.

Camelot Raided the imperiel capital with GM_Chomp.  Being as active as we were, we were also allied with quite large guilds, SeventhCircle, Bane, and a few others Counting a massive population amongst said guilds.

We would be found in the astral about 6 hours or more every day.  ok ok ok yes we were active, why did we quit..

Watching us customers be lied to on massively.com interviews, watching our game, the best mmorpg released in years ruined by forced cash shop.  Pay for Death mechanic was scandalis, and it didn't matter that you could purchase the item needed from the AH it still originated from cash shop forcing EVERY player to use a cash shop item per death.

That wouldn't have been so bad except they were outrageously over priced and the game had so many glitches that randomly killed you.  Fall thru the allod to your dropping death, Mobs in a dungeon on the other side of walls agro and whipe your party without being seen.  In ASTRAL every time you jumped, your entire crew would die randomly....

There was countless of these glitched deaths which used cash shop items and when reported we were refused, REFUSED replacement items...no refund, why? "unfortunately you understand that we are in a beta and are unable to provide refunds" Basically ripping us off and stealing by not providing a refund for lost items caused by a broken game we felt cheated out of our money...

Summary,  We felt cheated, lied to and decieved.  And if we complained about it on the official forums A GM would give out warnings calling us liars trying to tell us we made it up....   that was the kicker to me... here is just ONE of the warnings I saved "Please do not post threads that attack Gala-Net employees and claim that we broke some promises that you made up."  Mind you the thread that recieved this warning, where questions about direct quotes from 2 GM's who are no longer with the company and later confirmed by a current GM that these "made up" promises were catch phrases before Gipat...

Less of a grind for levels 40-end I mean even quest grind go kill 50 of these and 100 of those and bring back blah blah blah grind grind grind. After grinding so much, and as much as we did in astral and dungeons, we sure as heck don't want to grind double as much to get to end game again to just find out the gear we worked so hard to get is now easily replaced without as much work... defeating

I've been telilng everyone that the ASTRAL is game changer, nobody, no game, no developer is offering anything even close to what the ASTRAL experience is... its a top of your bucketlist for gamers.

Explained:   When people started questioning the lies and deciet and unproffessional conduct on official forums, I pesonally seen one of the main gm's who is still a current GM, punish people and call them liars telling them they are making it up, for simply questioning why the bad things and lies were taking place, I lost faith in the professional behavior on the official forums and never returned.. The complete OBVIOUS attempts to remove, hide, and lie about what was taking place was utterly repulsive to me and hundreds of others...

Camelot guild was in a Guild spot light last year.  Pre Gipat it was one of the biggest and most active guilds on Nezeb and had worked hand in hand with GM_Chomp and others.   Camelot was also part of GM_Chomps Guild leader group ( I forget the name he called us)   

Raiding the Imperial city, Camelot Guild + community and GM_Chomp is tied with helping the GM Team hand out fireworks for the BBQ event...  Here is a video of CAMELOT Guild invading Imperial city with GM_CHOMP (THIS)  <---- click that to see the video!!!

• Crunchy221Crunchy221 Member Posts: 489

Currently using this game as a filler game before another filler game launches a new server and goes completely f2p.

I played at or near launch and i think i uninstalled before level 5, decided to give the game an honest try.

Not nearly as bad as i remeber.  Lots of interesting classes, however it turns out that most are exact class copies with a special race ability, very diffrent looks to the character based on race though, its more a plus than anything.  I like the complex player stat setup and the simple skill system witha  complex upgrading system.  Its...diffrent i guess which is nice.

Gameplay is a negative.  Stiff choppy and unsmooth.  Everything looks like another very populair cartoony game but on HD everything is crisp and clear and does look good despite looking very dated.  Has an overly russian theme due to it being made there.

Cash shop seems to be pay 2 win with remedies to one of my biggest f2p pet peeves.  Giving you an incredibly small inventory and warehouse that needs to be upgraded badly.  You can grind in game for cash shop items but i hear it gets quite a bit excessive. 

It seems like a very rough game to start.  The starter area is huge, with a whole lot of back and forth and chain quests, it seems a bit messy and overdone.  Around level 10 you have all these side quests and you just want to leave the scenery and never come back.  Its definately overkill.  Problem is, your going to see another class or at some point decide you might want to reroll and have to endure it all over again.  Its a well done starter area, just way too much of it and way too much long distance back and forth quests, even with the teleport system.

Overall it seems like a good unique f2p game, despite looking somewhat like another game its far from it. It just seems very dated despite its HD like crispness.  Mechanically it was a chore due to the clunky gameplay.  Not a bad game but im not sure id want to stay much longer than i have to.

Oh and ill point out the community, when its there, seems friendly and entertaining. Not a single chat-troll-jackass seen yet.

Crunchy221, something that turned you off was the constant travelling back and forth to complete quests for the Empire faction in the starting area. Something that will help with this is a new feature being implemented in Patch 3.0.2 coming on May 30th. The feature is Automove. How it works is you have your quests and all you do is open an interface that allows you to click on your quest which will automatically move your character to the location where the quest needs to be fulfilled. Please do not view this as a feature for lazy travel but rather a method to help one multitask by focusing on other tasks. It also addresses the concern you had so hopefully you check out Allods again and see how questing feels with the Automove feature. =)

• newbihacknewbihack Member CommonPosts: 36

HAIL TO THE KING ARUTHER

Yea same to me I have been in 2 guilds most of em quit before, and after the Gipat patch. What turns me off is the Cash shop items like runes and etc.. plus the grind. those made me almost quit. The last but not least reason is when people keep bother you about the gear you wear so I quit for this reason too. I had lots of fun with my friends and speically my cousin, when I saw them quitting I said to myself thats it game is over.

As long as the grind and the P2W style there I wont come back to the  game even if you give me awesome items and stuff. I might pay for customizable items that it wont make a player above the others then I will back gladly otherwise I wont even think of caming back.

the last 2 reasons of quiting are my mage kept glitched in the ground when using Flash skill and that made feel sick about it. Random disconnecting from the server when playing plus my wall of flame kept bugging out when doing heroics and I had to relog to fix the problem and no it isn't lag.

Astral was fun to do early days but after Gipat lost intreast and quit eventually. heroic and pvp was fun because I didn't care about dying or challanging other player from the same lvl becuase it was gear driven game not that cash shop system.

at the end I kept telling my guild it will end just like any F2P title out there but nobody listen and that make me hate myself when I am right about something.

anyway I do not think you can save your game becuase in time it will die, and new and more advanced game will appear, so getting back to the game is just a waste of time and investment, hence ( guild war 2 and Elder scrolls..etc)

CHEERS

and NO iam not trolling but taking  a fun game beyond (( shit )) I do not like it.

• LuxuriousLuxurious Member Posts: 32

I greatly enjoy the leveling experience of Allods now. I am in love with Auto move, as I can actually do other things with my time while traversing from quest to quest, which really gives me a sense that my time isn't being totally drained by an mmo. I love the Magpie Feather - I have a scout with ranged attacks increased by 30%, and I've put a little into building up my runes, so I am melting down mobs before I even see them, and I find having a bird fly out and retrieve all the loot allows me to just keep humming along. The best part of Allods to me is the ruby system. I'm a huge fan of tweaking characters skill points, talents, etc., so to have a three tiered system of tree, rubies and runes is like a wet dream for me, especially with my experience doubled via the game shop buff. I'm leveling so fast that it feels like I'm constantly engaged in the activity of adding skills and rubies, etc. Now that we have unlimited tree/ruby resets until level 15, it's a beautiful thing. As a casual player (I own a business and have an infant son) I greatly appreciate being able to make substantial progress and be suitably entertained by Allods, while not feeling like it's draining time from more important things. I played WoW for 7 years, then got really into Darkfall, most recently Swtor - and out of all those games, Allods is the only one that currently does the trick for me. I actually would still play Darkfall just for the brutally unforgiving/realistic pvp elements ( <3 ), but I can't access my account and their customer service is non-existent, so my only choice is to purchase the game again and start from scratch, no thank you. But back to Allods: I'm not sure exactly what happened over the past few weeks, but this game has transformed, and with it my level of engagement has sky rocketed.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

I participated in the beta and loved it, but when the FOD and cash shop patches hit, I left.

I played an Orc warrior the entire way and even tried an Arisen summoner for a while.  Playing as both was a blast, perhaps more so with the Arisen than with the Orc.

Of course, once the FOD patch was fixed and the charms that were in the cash shop became free, I tried playing again, and went up to the first forced PvP area, and then I quit again, probably for good.

That is probably my biggest gripe about the game: forced PvP.  The issues with FOD and the cash shop have been fixed, but forced PvP areas?  No thanks!

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

allods still exist?

never will understand good games close down, and things like this still are on....

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

allods still exist?

never will understand good games close down, and things like this still are on....

Well if you think that is surprising, just wait until I tell you that Alganon is still around.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?