Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me or ...

ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
Ok so today I was so board that I installed EQ and started playing it but when I got to the character creation page something looked different. And it was, is it just me or did the grafix some how get worse? Also I noticed that a lot of the feautres in creating a player were gone? Oh, The last time I played EQ was about a year ago way before EQ2. Now are they trying to get everyone to swich over to EQ2 by changing things in EQ?

Comments

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

I doubt that. The creation setup must have just changed. Meaning you might have to go through more screens to setup things up. It wouldn't make sense for them to try to get peopel to go to EQ2 instead of EQ1. They want you to play both which is why they have the SOE Access price that allows you to play all of their games. Also they are releasing a new expansion for EQ1, so they don't want to drive peopel always. As for graphics, you might have to check and see if you have up to date drivers and then check the graphics opitions to see if the models are turned on or off. From last time I checked, EQ1 has been going through a graphics upgraded. Start around the time Luclin came out and they added the new player models(which can be turned off an on(only some are on depending on your system setup and you have to decide to turn them all on or off by yourselfl). Different textures are added to the different zones in or to update them and each new expansion has slightly better graphics then the last due to this.

• DontmoveDontmove Member Posts: 91

There is only one thing new a Tutoral button I belive. Just like Effect said might have to turn on the char graphics. That or you just got so usto the EQ2 models.

• GameSecretsGameSecrets Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Xclipz
    Ok so today I was so board that I installed EQ and started playing it but when I got to the character creation page something looked different. And it was, is it just me or did the grafix some how get worse? Also I noticed that a lot of the feautres in creating a player were gone? Oh, The last time I played EQ was about a year ago way before EQ2. Now are they trying to get everyone to swich over to EQ2 by changing things in EQ?

Nope, its just you. As far as about a year ago... things should be almost the same, besides entering the tutorial, having a dude speak to you as you make your character and having the choice of Bezerker as a class. You still choose your stat point allocation, diety, race, class, hair, beard, face, and eyes, and starting city etc...

However, some races only have 1 starting city or diety. Perhaps you just made a character that by nature has fewer selections to make.