Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMs support bullying and stalking

Hi, I just came here today to tell you all to not play AO, they have the worst dev team ever, the GMs support acts like stalking, bullying, etc, ruining the others' gameplay and letting the high levels player to PK anyone, while spying on them. A lot of people have reported this but Nexon approves it, so... what do you think? Would you play a game like this? Thanks for your attention.

PS: I played it for a long time, but this game isn't for new players, just play anything else, the game died since Nexon put hands on it.

lol

Comments

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

The only people that can pk people is guild leader of a nation.

Now why would anyone bother to pk you unless you bid on their town, are botting, or report their guild mate for botting.

You can play a whole day and there are maybe 1 or 2 pk due to the reason bove.  Town bidding, bots. 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Originally posted by laokoko

The only people that can pk people is guild leader of a nation.

This is true, and almost all of them won't bother with you unless you really piss them off. it looks bad on them and their nation if people are randomly attacked without reason. People will leave a nation because of that.

If you were attacked, you did something against them. I played AO SOOOO long it isn't even funny. i just recently gave away everything i'd obtained to retire from the game, and it took almost an hour to trade away all my goodies.

This is the ONLY F2P/P2W game i would ever recommend to someone, and the only one i've stuck with myself for any length of time.

Bottom line- this game is great. You don't have to spend a dime on it and can still be successful. i've spent maybe 70 bucks the whole year or so i've been there, and my money count was over 10billion. Just because you pissed the wrong people off, doesn't mean that they griefed you. Your probably scammed someone, and that someone had friends in high places. Learn your lesson and move on.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• HellSingsHellSings Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by ale0738

Hi, I just came here today to tell you all to not play AO, they have the worst dev team ever, the GMs support acts like stalking, bullying, etc, ruining the others' gameplay and letting the high levels player to PK anyone, while spying on them. A lot of people have reported this but Nexon approves it, so... what do you think? Would you play a game like this? Thanks for your attention.

PS: I played it for a long time, but this game isn't for new players, just play anything else, the game died since Nexon put hands on it.

Are you refering to King's Judgement? That has nothing to do with GMs, its the leader of a nation. And like most people pointed out, its rarely done to greif others.

• UngoHumungoUngoHumungo Member Posts: 518

yeah I had a similiar thing in the other AO Anarchy Online, i attacked a tower (sincerely i was an ultra noob to the game and really didn't know what I was doing saw something hostile and attacked it) and damn near a whole guild responded on me, I was mad at the time but now I know people actually pumped resources into those and they gave them buffs so really they weren't griefing me they were protecting their investments

There are times when one must ask themselves is it my passion that truly frightens you? Or your own?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I played AO also and I never came across any type of online bullying or stalking.

But now that I think about it ive never even seen a GM or seen any GM interaction with the cummunity.

I try invest time in AO but without spending money its so much harder. 

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

Concur with all the above posters pointing out where it likely went wrong.

I can't stop playing Atlantica right now, argggggh!  Hoping I can manage to split time come GW2 time haha.

• RussariaRussaria Member Posts: 42
    Well if you do find this problem it's mostly because the "GM's" are so use to doing themselves in the in-game forum that they probably don't think anything is wrong with it...as for them allowing certain players, well... again, brownnosing has it's advantages in some games, Atlantica is one of them, browner your nose with GM  worship, the more you can get away with...