Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here planning on going to ZEK, with EQ going...

F2P ?

Comments

• RsunDownpourRsunDownpour Member Posts: 31

im going to try it out, i played EQ from 2000 - around 2004 LOVED the game, but it has changed completely from the oldschool Everquest, and it has gotten less hardcore. but since its F2P ill definitely give it a shot.

www.RisingSunGaming.com
    #RisingSunGaming

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Unless you like a low pop server where hackers reign supreme, I would advise to pick a PVE server.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

I am pretty bloody angry over the move to F2P.

I started playing on day 1 back on Innoruuk, I've bought every expansion and kept my account active for all these years and just last month renewed for another 2 year subscription.

Not to mention the $200-300 I've spent on SOE cash for the damn item mall.

I've put up with a lot of crap over the years, but going F2P is like a slap in the face imo.

• OberanMiMOberanMiM Member Posts: 236

If the experience was like Rallos Zek was in 2003ish i definately would. That being said after that time EQ started basically ignoring major game breaking bugs (like the one that could crash/restart ANY zone). That being said due to SOE's lax stance on people who cheat in pvp & the fact that their f2p will only give you support for billing related issues if you subscribe. I would say I will have to pass on going to Zek....

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Is Everquest 3 F2P as well?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Sorrow

I started playing on day 1 back on Innoruuk, I've bought every expansion and kept my account active for all these years and just last month renewed for another 2 year subscription.

I've put up with a lot of crap over the years, but going F2P is like a slap in the face imo.

Maybe if you and others hadn't spent stupid amounts of money in their mall they would'nt be polluting every game with this.

You only have yourself to blame...you fed the monster and now your bitching because it's got big enough to eat you.

You did this.

DON'T FEED THE MONSTER.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Is Everquest 3 F2P as well?

oh, for sure.

Freerealms with a Norrathian skin most likely.

Enjoy ><

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Zek? lol.

I hope you enjoy fighting the multitudes of epic twinks.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

Originally posted by vesavius

Originally posted by Sorrow

Maybe if you and others hadn't spent stupid amounts of money in their mall they would'nt be polluting every game with this.

You only have yourself to blame...you fed the monster and now your bitching because it's got big enough to eat you.

You did this.

DON'T FEED THE MONSTER.

Agreed.  It's funny that he spent that amount of money on a cash shop (I'm sure he's not the only one) then complains that the cash shop gets bigger.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Originally posted by leojreimroc

Agreed.  It's funny that he spent that amount of money on a cash shop (I'm sure he's not the only one) then complains that the cash shop gets bigger.

He's not the only one no, some guy said he spent over $2000 to get all the different mounts. He posted pictures of his mounts, this was quite a while ago though, maybe 3 years ago when they were selling those snowleopard mounts.