Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.21

LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/36474

Must say this patch looks very nice and can't wait for it to be live.

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

Makes sense to delay hamlet defense tbh. 1.22 doesn't look nearly as meaty in comparison to 1.21 and this one is already large enough as-is. Plus if the server merge comes post-1.21 there simply aren't enough players to support such system in most servers beforehand lol.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Shame its not released yet else I'd be inclined to play FFXIV again.  I'm glad to read that they're finally going to impliment actual advance job classes, I'll be looking forward to playing Dragoon just like the good old days in FFXI.  I wonder what FFXIV version will be like.. Too bad 2.0 is going to be a while cus thats the main patch I'm waiting for but I think this will get me to come back for at least a month for the meantime.

imageimage

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Well, this sure looks promissing. Almost tempted to re-sub, but with FFXIII, FFXIII-2 and EVE Online taking up most of my time right now, I'll have to wait a while.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I'm itching to check this out on my new computer but I'm not willing to pay the subscription fee to reactivate my account..... I think I'm going to wait to see if they ever get to 2.0... 

So does anyone know when this patch is going to be released yet?

imageimage

• SzabtomSzabtom Member Posts: 38

End of Feb is the latest promise (delayed two weeks from mid-Feb).

Yes I know thats what they said, and with 1 week to go I'd have expected they'd update us on this.

imageimage

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

The return of classic FF jobs eh? Sounds good! I wonder how they're gonna implement it, though. Like, whats gonna happen to the current classes like Pugilist, Lancer, etc? Are they being replaced? Will Pugs become Monks, and Lancers Dragoons?

Originally posted by FrostWyrm

The return of classic FF jobs eh? Sounds good! I wonder how they're gonna implement it, though. Like, whats gonna happen to the current classes like Pugilist, Lancer, etc? Are they being replaced? Will Pugs become Monks, and Lancers Dragoons?

I heard DRG won't be achievable to after 30 just like in FFXI so I doubt they'll be reploving puglist and lancer.  I think what they're doing us giving these jobs and advancement so for example you move on from Lancer to Dragoon or Pugilist to Monk but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure.

imageimage

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Originally posted by Urvan

Yes I know thats what they said, and with 1 week to go I'd have expected they'd update us on this.

SE isn't the sort of company to give you updates every few days, or every week for that matter...

SE is more like grandma who goes to the store with a grocery list the entire family knows about.  Everyone has seen the list, and knows that a dozen Apples are on it.  When grandma comes back from the store, she has no apples, and somehow the list doesn't have apples on it either.  Everyone argues with her saying there were apples on the list, but grandma is firm, if there were apples, she would have gotten them.  

That's SE...

Five weeks later she goes to the store again, but gets pears instead of apples, and tries to get everyone to believe they are just as good as apples...

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

In FFXI's Hayday (heyday? Hay day?), SE wasn't the type to respond at all. There was actually one occasion where an SE rep joined a fan community (Bluegartr) to respond to one post. The mods were as shocked as the community.

But you know what? They never gave a flying f* about balance, especially PVP balance and that made the game more fun because they weren't caving to whining. (I didn't PVP more than twice in that game, so I didn't get anything out of this other than getting to enjoy my class).

It meant that you got to start a class and continue to play without without the thing you love about it being ganked away.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Originally posted by Deathofsage

In FFXI's Hayday (heyday? Hay day?), SE wasn't the type to respond at all. There was actually one occasion where an SE rep joined a fan community (Bluegartr) to respond to one post. The mods were as shocked as the community.

But you know what? They never gave a flying f* about balance, especially PVP balance and that made the game more fun because they weren't caving to whining. (I didn't PVP more than twice in that game, so I didn't get anything out of this other than getting to enjoy my class).

It meant that you got to start a class and continue to play without without the thing you love about it being ganked away.

Are you trying to imply there were never any nerfs in FFXI? 

Anyways in a recent interview Yoshida stressed that they are trying to create a seperate battle system governing PvP, and that it will not affect PvE balance.

• EdeusEdeus Member CommonPosts: 506

Haha, remember the Ranger nerf that made range effect accuracy, creating the sweet spot.  That was a good day for BLM's everywhere who could finally out dd everyone against gods, dynamis bosses, and land hnm's... (until everyone else caught up with gear and figured out how to play their job...)

Taru-Gallante-Blood elf-Elysean-Kelari-Crime Fighting-Imperial Agent

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

So was it released? I tought they wanted to release it like week or 2 ago. Or was it scheduled for march?

• DeathofsageDeathofsage Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Originally posted by Murugan

Originally posted by Deathofsage

Are you trying to imply there were never any nerfs in FFXI? 

Anyways in a recent interview Yoshida stressed that they are trying to create a seperate battle system governing PvP, and that it will not affect PvE balance.

No. There were "nerfs" but they centered around actual problems and not the fact that a Samurai 2hr was op in ballista lol or that Counterstance was super powerful if you actually understood the ability (way before perfect counter).

It went the other way, too. Some underpowered abilities took years to get any love (Mijin Gakure was always laughable until ~Abyssea when they made a rez after MG remove weakeness--a feature players had been suggesting for a long time.)

There were hardly nerfs or buffs every patch though either. It was very nice to keep consistency. I don't care if my paladin could or could not kill something in PVP because he's a tank and that's what he excelled at.

Spec'ing properly is a gateway drug.
    12 Million People have been meter spammed in heroics.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Wish they'd finish updating the other recipies, my char is like still in noobie gear becvause the dated stuff is way to hard to make for her craft levels, and stuff in the markets are way to high priced.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by Siveria

Wish they'd finish updating the other recipies, my char is like still in noobie gear becvause the dated stuff is way to hard to make for her craft levels, and stuff in the markets are way to high priced.

Dated gear is only for cheap materia spiritbonding.

Crafting the new recipes is not difficult or expensive, and all the mats now should be pretty much farmable at or close to your level so you shouldn't have to buy anything if you don't want.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Patch will be out on the 9th. Think my sub ran out today but not going to resub till the 8th or so.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

so i watched some videos and is it me or do you have to do like 25 buffs before actually engaging in turn based combat? OR will they be making that streamlined in the future?

Originally posted by itgrowls

so i watched some videos and is it me or do you have to do like 25 buffs before actually engaging in turn based combat? OR will they be making that streamlined in the future?

Yeah that is the whole game.

Guild Wars is awesome btw!

No one likes to play Healers AMIRIGHTOMG LOL!!!!

• frettr00frettr00 Member Posts: 2
    1.21 is the best thing that's happened to this game. Seriously, resub and get with a good ls. A lot of people are coming back.