Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Cop Bad Cop

if you havent' seen this its a feature on the front page or under features tab here.. suzie talks about a lot of the issues many have be complaining about here also i liked her summary here

"I think that SWTOR is a decent entry into the overall MMO genre and it’s welcome simply because it is Star Wars. But being Star Wars, the game was almost doomed from the get-go since the expectations for it were so sky-high as to be nearly impossible to meet. That BioWare managed to meet any of our expectations is a testament to their determination to bring a Star Wars MMO to gamers everywhere. But the overall fact of the matter is that SWTOR is a slightly better-than-average entry into an increasingly mundane game type. BioWare scores points for storytelling and Star Wars but loses points in many other areas.  Enough, in fact, for me to say I’m disappointed."

Comments

  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

    bioware is sending e-mail ,they are asking for feed back from their player.if you keep it short and to the point they will defenetly do something .

  • iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

    Originally posted by drbaltazar

    bioware is sending e-mail ,they are asking for feed back from their player.if you keep it short and to the point they will defenetly do something .

     

    Kinda like how they punished people who were clearly exploiting... oh wai......

     

    I hope they do something.  Yet based on how they have reacted to crises so far in the game, I'm not so sure of it. 

  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

    Originally posted by sanosukex

    if you havent' seen this its a feature on the front page or under features tab here.. suzie talks about a lot of the issues many have be complaining about here also i liked her summary here

    "I think that SWTOR is a decent entry into the overall MMO genre and it’s welcome simply because it is Star Wars. But being Star Wars, the game was almost doomed from the get-go since the expectations for it were so sky-high as to be nearly impossible to meet. That BioWare managed to meet any of our expectations is a testament to their determination to bring a Star Wars MMO to gamers everywhere. But the overall fact of the matter is that SWTOR is a slightly better-than-average entry into an increasingly mundane game type. BioWare scores points for storytelling and Star Wars but loses points in many other areas.  Enough, in fact, for me to say I’m disappointed."

    I pretty much agree with her pov across the board.

    1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

    2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

    3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

    Originally posted by sanosukex

    if you havent' seen this its a feature on the front page or under features tab here.. suzie talks about a lot of the issues many have be complaining about here also i liked her summary here

    "I think that SWTOR is a decent entry into the overall MMO genre and it’s welcome simply because it is Star Wars. But being Star Wars, the game was almost doomed from the get-go since the expectations for it were so sky-high as to be nearly impossible to meet. That BioWare managed to meet any of our expectations is a testament to their determination to bring a Star Wars MMO to gamers everywhere. But the overall fact of the matter is that SWTOR is a slightly better-than-average entry into an increasingly mundane game type. BioWare scores points for storytelling and Star Wars but loses points in many other areas.  Enough, in fact, for me to say I’m disappointed."

    I pretty much disagree with her POV across the board.  She is a good writer though.  I didn't really realize how much her opinions differ from mine until she commented on the RMT in Diablo 3.  She fully supports it, and labors under the delusion that people who aren't gold farmers will magically push all the farmers out and gain access to it.  Even with the Korean ban of the RMT feature, I am not even remotely convinced of this.

    Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

  • ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

    Should have been called "Cop Out".

    SWTOR doesn't have a customizable UI and it doesn't have the breadth of content that older MMOs have built up.  Other than that it covers all of the bases quite well and brings in features I've never seen in an MMO.

    My youtube MMO gaming channel



  • Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

    Originally posted by Chieftan

    Should have been called "Cop Out".

    SWTOR doesn't have a customizable UI and it doesn't have the breadth of content that older MMOs have built up.  Other than that it covers all of the bases quite well and brings in features I've never seen in an MMO.

    OMG... I agree with Chieftan.  I think that's a first.....   image

  • StoneRoses2StoneRoses2 Member Posts: 21

    Originally posted by Chieftan

    Should have been called "Cop Out".

    SWTOR doesn't have a customizable UI and it doesn't have the breadth of content that older MMOs have built up.  Other than that it covers all of the bases quite well and brings in features I've never seen in an MMO.

    If it's not old then it's  not good enough on these boards!

  • AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

    You know I figure Research and Development stars when you start to make an mmorpgs or a game, not after you release it.

Sign In or Register to comment.