Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does a Galante get to use an Amarr ship?

taxguytaxguy Member Posts: 60

I was told that any race can use any other races ships by training. Thus, How does a member of Galante use the Amarr ship? Do they need to fly to Amarr territory to get one?

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by taxguy
    I was told that any race can use any other races ships by training. Thus, How does a member of Galante use the Amarr ship? Do they need to fly to Amarr territory to get one?

Depends on market stock. If you cannot find certain skills on the market, you have to take a trip to regions where they are NPC seeded, usually starting areas of each race.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

First you need to train the relevant skills for equipment and weapons, and skillbooks are readily available all over the place. Then of course you have to buy the ship(s) and equipment you trained for, with Jita being a good place to go. It really doesn't take much; I personally can fly battleships of three of the four races, and I'm currently working on the fourth. It just takes a little time and planning, checking the skill requirements of the ships you want to fly and the equipment you want on them, and training for the missing ones accordingly.

Where's the any key?

• wacked37wacked37 Member UncommonPosts: 29

Pull up the Show Info window on the ship you want to fly (you can search the Market for the ship if you don't have one available).

There will be a Required Skills tab. Here will be a list of all the skills you need in order to pilot the ship. You need all of them: Primary, Secondary, and even Tertiary.

Search for these skills in the Market, buy them, and train them.

Here is an example photo of the Required Skills for a 150mm Railgun. The skills needed are Gunnery Level 1 and Small Hybrid Turret Level 1. 

To fly Amarr Frigates, you will need the skill Amarr Frigates trained to level 1, 2, or 3 depending on the ship. 

Online resources like wikis will also list out the required skills for ships and modules.

A more automated approach would be to download Eve Fitting Tool and EVEMon (both external, third-party applications). Import your character into EVEMon; create a new skill plan; whip up a fit in EFT or copy one online; copy that fit and paste it into EVEMon; it will ask if you want to add the skills to the plan; say Yes. EVEMon will then give you a list of all the required skills you need to pilot and fit the ship. (NB: that doesn't mean you will fly the ship well.)

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

But Amarr are smelly dont go anywhere near them :)

• ZecktorinZecktorin Member Posts: 231

Just train teh Amarr gunnery and ship skills. I did the exact same thing... made it to Gallente BC and changed to 100% Amarr.  Since you should already have the major support skills itll only take a few days to a week to get up to BS. By the way I focused all in ship and Gunnery skills and all my tank skills are maxed and hopped in a BS at 2.5 mil SP you dont need around 6 mi like most people stay. My tank holds on lv 4s, my dps is jsut awesome, and I have tech 2 drones. I also do well in pvp.