Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What percentage of WoW players complete Endgame Raiding?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,344

This game is easy right?

but what percentage of the players are completing this?

 

I heard different numbers, such a 4% and 1% finishing Fireland. but where this stats coming from?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

  • WearacupWearacup Member Posts: 161

    It's actually quite difficult - not the game mechanics, rather finding a large group of people who aren't too stupid/immature/obnoxious with whom to complete a task that stretches into multiple hours.

    Trammies need to stop polluting the MMORPG landscape. They already have enough games in which to emote hugs and sell garbage by the banks.

  • elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

    I've played WoW off and on since launch. I've only ever completed Kharazan 10 man back in BC days.  Still is my favorite raid ever, but also because it was manageable, had a great theme and was just a blast to get into and to run through.  You could also "pause" it essentially by completing up to a certain boss then calling it quits.  Since then, I have not set fut into a raid that I enjoyed or could complete.

    It's not that I don't like the idea of raiding.  I just don't have the patience to sit and listen to people tell me how to play the game or waiting on the raid to form, or even signing up for a raid night, my time fluctuates too much to do this, I have a family I need to spend time with the time is available.  

    I do however love to play alts.  Have an max level warlock, warrior, DK, rogue and will eventually have a priest, druid and shaman up there as well as hunter.  Haven't gotten the urge to play it in like 8 months though and probably won't pop back in until the new expansion launches.

    So I wonder how the poll would look if it asked me as part of it and many like myself?  Makes me wonder if all of these themepark MMO's are developing content in the wrong area.  

  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,344

    where the stats on this from?

    Philosophy of MMO Game Design

  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

    Originally posted by elocke

    I've played WoW off and on since launch. I've only ever completed Kharazan 10 man back in BC days.  Still is my favorite raid ever, but also because it was manageable, had a great theme and was just a blast to get into and to run through.  You could also "pause" it essentially by completing up to a certain boss then calling it quits.  Since then, I have not set fut into a raid that I enjoyed or could complete.

    It's not that I don't like the idea of raiding.  I just don't have the patience to sit and listen to people tell me how to play the game or waiting on the raid to form, or even signing up for a raid night, my time fluctuates too much to do this, I have a family I need to spend time with the time is available.  

    I do however love to play alts.  Have an max level warlock, warrior, DK, rogue and will eventually have a priest, druid and shaman up there as well as hunter.  Haven't gotten the urge to play it in like 8 months though and probably won't pop back in until the new expansion launches.

    So I wonder how the poll would look if it asked me as part of it and many like myself?  Makes me wonder if all of these themepark MMO's are developing content in the wrong area.  

    i feel you, eventho ive done quite abit raiding myself and i have to say its quite often really annoying just because its time consuming factor i also have family to spend time so beloved hobby gaming needs not to take all day to do silly thing like adventure in dungeon.

     

    and also what you said at the end is spot on!

  • PangentorPangentor Member Posts: 129

    Actually, post-4.3 patch, I would wager that in the range of 75% of max-level characters particate in end-game content.  This is result of introducing the looking for raid system (LFD for raids).  My statistics are based on being in three different guilds, across two servers and with both factions, and seeing the guild-mates participation; also seeing the gearing of other max-level characters.

  • AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

    Last I knew the raid finder was only working on Deathwing raid and everyone and their brother/sister(aka dudes that play as chicks) was in there doing it.

  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

    I don't like raiding thats why i don't do it, it has nothing to do with difficulty.

  • Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

    I cancelled my 4 year account awhile back, I got tired of ppl bwitching at me because I have a beastmaster hunter. Raidings fine if you have the build everyone wants you to have (screw indiviuality) , and you do good according to thier oen personal DPS metres. Raiding is nothing but elitist bullhooey, Forget it you like your build and they don't.

     

     

  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

    Didn't Blizzard once post a percentage of what players have done in their game once.  If I recall only 5% of the player base have completed the highest raids on the hardest mode in WoW.  That was pre-Cataclysm.   So it would have included WotLK raids.

  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

    Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

    I cancelled my 4 year account awhile back, I got tired of ppl bwitching at me because I have a beastmaster hunter. Raidings fine if you have the build everyone wants you to have (screw indiviuality) , and you do good according to thier oen personal DPS metres. Raiding is nothing but elitist bullhooey, Forget it you like your build and they don't.

     

     

    you are right, whats the point having different talent trees and builds available if there really is always only one way to go to be accepted for the meter people and wich other hand leads you to endgame content only if you follow that rule.

  • KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

    A figure I hear a lot is that 5% of players got to see raid content back in Vanilla and TBC.

     

    MMO Champ used a pretty poor sample size (2.7 million max level characters, most being in the US) and determined that in patch 4.2, 1.35% of them completed normal Firelands.

     

    The raid finder is very popular since it's the 'next logical step' from when you're maxed on the gear that the LFD can give you (valor aside).  The raid finder runs at a difficulty lower than normal that applies a percentage nerf to all monster HP and damage, and removes some boss abilities.  Blizzard's intent with LFR is to allow more people to see content that they otherwise never would - it's designed specifically for the people in this thread that say they have family obligations and their schedules aren't set in stone.

     

    Blizzard nerfed Dragon Soul real quick - although it was a 5% nerf across the board, Blizzard knows that very few people are doing well in current content and so they need to deal with possibly overtuned mechanics.  Gamebreaker talked about this a bit in one of the Legendary episodes.

     

    While I can't give you a percent, I can say that a very minor portion of the playerbase has even seen raid content aside from raid finder.  Raiding in top content requires plenty of preparation, awareness, intrinsic knowledge of encounters and character classes, near flawless execution, and trust in the other 9 / 24 players you are running with to have all the same.  I notice that whenever someone says something akin to 'WoW is easy' and I mention this type of difficult raid content, many other excuses come out to mask the fact that they simply do not have the required skillset to perform heroic DS (the most common being 'a life', though if you take a closer look at the hardcore guilds, most raiders do have one!)

     

    That is, unless someone wants to post their Heroic DS completions here and downplay themselves.

  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037


    Originally posted by Khaeros
    MMO Champ used a pretty poor sample size (2.7 million max level characters, most being in the US) and determined that in patch 4.2, 1.35% of them completed normal Firelands.
    The real difficulty is trying to extrapolate from character stats (which we can get from the Armory) to player stats.


    So many players have multiple level-cap characters, but who knows how many of them raid on more than one of their characters? Certainly, when I was doing progression raiding, I only ever played on my one main. Had some alts with raid achievements from farm raids, but I've never stepped into current progression content on an alt, not since starting raiding MC in 2005.


    On the other hand, I had plenty of guildies who played more heavily than me who did have multiple characters geared and raid-ready, and would be looking to run the same progression raids multiple times per week on different characters.

  • ArawniteArawnite Member Posts: 163

    Originally posted by MMOExposed

    This game is easy right?

    but what percentage of the players are completing this?

     

    I heard different numbers, such a 4% and 1% finishing Fireland. but where this stats coming from?

    Did you determine the % of those that didn't complete it because they were sick of raiding and didn't give a damn?

  • CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

    I have been playing on and off for 7 years and I have never stepped foot in a raid, never even seen a raid boss other then the cinematics they show when you watch the intro to the game, like Illidan . I refuse to use the raid finder as well but eventually I might join a raid guild .

  • BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    I haven't been able to raid since Burning Crusade. The challenge just dropped right down after WoTLK.

    image

  • MeriikMeriik Member UncommonPosts: 60

    According to wowprogress.com 69 guilds have completed heroic madness of deathwing, thats 1725 players.  In november 2011 the game had 10.3 million subsribers which is 0.0167%.  Granted, a very large portion of the WoW population isnt exactly trying to complete the game, but the difficuly is definatly there if you're into that kinda gameplay.  Heroic mode bosses are seriously not easy and top tier pvp is not easy, the leveling up process is though.

  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910


    Originally posted by Meriik
    According to wowprogress.com 69 guilds have completed heroic madness of deathwing, thats 1725 players.  In november 2011 the game had 10.3 million subsribers which is 0.0167%.  Granted, a very large portion of the WoW population isnt exactly trying to complete the game, but the difficuly is definatly there if you're into that kinda gameplay.  Heroic mode bosses are seriously not easy and top tier pvp is not easy, the leveling up process is though.


    According to Blizzard, a very small number of guilds complete the top tier raid content when it's current. I think the percentage of people completing content when it's not current is much, much higher. I would also bet that the number of people grinding out the top tier of battle ground content is much higher too. Not sure about arenas though.

    I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

  • MeriikMeriik Member UncommonPosts: 60

    I left this out on my first post, but for guilds taking part in raiding dragon soul 25 man content that have completed at least one boss, only 1.58% of guilds have completed heroic deathwing.  This is taken right off www.wowprogress.com.

  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

    Originally posted by MMOExposed

    This game is easy right?

    but what percentage of the players are completing this?

     

    I heard different numbers, such a 4% and 1% finishing Fireland. but where this stats coming from?

    The numbers you are referring to was something from Blizzard around the time of TBC. It was in reference to the number of people that engaging in endgame raiding. The reason it was low was because of the requirements in both time and number of players. WOW has, over time, dropped raid sizes to 25 then 10 then 5 (or something like that) and has also divided up some raids to make them more accessible. The percent that raid now is probably much higher than it was back then.

    The game is definitely easy, but the barrier to entry was very high then.

     

    There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Sign In or Register to comment.