Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Update 9: Assemble for Battle Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

The DC Universe Online team has posted an outline of Update 9: Assemble for Battle. The date for the update's deployment is not available but it looks to bring some great new content and features into the game.

• Novice Raids: Raids featuring the Fortress of Solitude, the Batcave, and the Kahndaq raids that will be available for players of all gear and skill levels.

• Role Optional Alerts: In order to get players into raids as quickly as possible, players can opt to be informed about raid groups forming that do not require specific roles. These groups will be treated to a Team Buff:

• If you don't have a Tank, everyone will take less damage overall. That doesn't mean you're all tanks – you'll have to work together to survive – but you'll have a fighting chance.

• If you don't have a Healer, any Controller or Damage character will trigger a small amount of regeneration when your health dips below a certain point. If you're a Tank, you'll always have some regeneration.

• If you don't have a Controller, everyone will get varying amounts of additional power periodically.

You can read the full Update 9 details on the DC Universe Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    Cool! I love the raiding additions. I found higher end instances to be very difficult so hopefully this will help.

• SandaStunnaSandaStunna Member Posts: 101

they're making it easy mode? whaa?

i remember crying to sleep while in my head  brother eye & brainiac  is laughing from my leagues failures attempt to kick his ass 10x plus times. i also remember black adam used to give us a spanking too.

i'll take hardcore mode any day cause when i beat them ,it will make me feel like i'm the f'n man.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I'm actually glad for the easier raids... the Combat Rating made it so I couldn't even participate.  Hope I can gear up this way and see the Flash content sooner or later.

Additionally, DCUO to me, is supposed to be a casual MMO... this fits that.  :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ReldinReldin Member UncommonPosts: 10

Really awesome move on their part. Love the addition to the alerts they're doing.  Freaking hate it when you pop into a queue and there's no healer.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,032

Originally posted by BillMurphy

I'm actually glad for the easier raids... the Combat Rating made it so I couldn't even participate.  Hope I can gear up this way and see the Flash content sooner or later.

Additionally, DCUO to me, is supposed to be a casual MMO... this fits that.  :)

^This. This will bring me back so I can experience the content that my gearscore, er, combat rating, won't let me do.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• smarty789smarty789 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by SandaStunna

they're making it easy mode? whaa?

i remember crying to sleep while in my head  brother eye & brainiac  is laughing from my leagues failures attempt to kick his ass 10x plus times. i also remember black adam used to give us a spanking too.

i'll take hardcore mode any day cause when i beat them ,it will make me feel like i'm the f'n man.

They will still have the harder(43cr and 53cr) raids, they'll just have an easier tier that you can get marks of triumph from or something. Great move I believe

The role things seem nice but i guess it replaces mah controller V.V nah im jk.

What happens if your doing a raid and you have 1 controller/healer instead of 2? Do you get the buff then?

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 706

So much goodies, if only they would revamp the PC UI I might give it a second chance, until then im staying away.

I might have read wrong about the novice raids, idk. I stll want the easy ones, and hard mode.

I just play on a ps3, it's what it's made for. :3

And more fun ^.^

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i just started playing a couple weeks ago, its been tons of fun and im looking forward to the chance to play this update. im esp. excited about the removal of role requirements for LFG if you want. ive always thought non-trinity was far more fun.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse