Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Insider Got Some New PvP Screenshots

kefkahkefkah Member UncommonPosts: 832

Some pretty good looking shots. I am always amaxed by the visuals in this game.

Screenshots

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Good screens... wish I could actually tell what the map layout is like, behind all that mist. No WvWVW though.

/sadface

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Personally, I think it really looks like a work in progress. Hardly any (destructible) objects, very little foliage and the textures seem to be slightly off. I get the idea that ArenaNet gave GWInsider shots of the least complete PvP-map.

I need to see the people playing on the map before I prejudge it, which has me wondering what the secondary mechanic of it will be. Fog machine image

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Just ignore me. Need a nap. :)

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

The four screenshots were... meh..

It looks pretty.

Congratualations, GW2 doesn't make horribly hideous PvP maps.

WIth no characters, no proper overview, no action, no gimmick showing, it's just... sort of devoid of context other than 'Oh, that looks nice'.

I'll just sit and wait until the WvW screenshots start rolling in. :(

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Originally posted by Meowhead

It looks pretty.

WIth no characters, no proper overview, no action, no gimmick showing, it's just... sort of devoid of context other than 'Oh, that looks nice'.

Apparantly they won't be coming until ArenaNet does a Blog post on the subject. : (

Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Meowhead

It looks pretty.

Apparantly they won't be coming until ArenaNet does a Blog post on the subject. : (

Now that really makes me sad. Hoping that blog post is this week.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

I'm glade this isn't just WvWvW pictures this is the structured PVP right?

Meaning there will be more than one map for that.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• daniel!!!daniel!!! Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by RizelStar

yep :) they are testing this map next in there closed beta :), well a acording to guru anyways

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

My understand is that it's structured PvP because they mentioned "blue team" and "red team."

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

Also this really make the asura look bad ass

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Also this really make the asura look bad ass

you just know something is gonna go down  :P

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

Needs more context, but it's nice to see new info.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by Creslin321

My understand is that it's structured PvP because they mentioned "blue team" and "red team."

Who is to say there isn't a third team?  :) 

I'm just kidding.

Though, if any dev is reading this, red/green colorblindness sucks.  League of Legends giving players the option to make it blue/red instead of green/red has been an immense help.

That being said, I'm not too excited about these pictures yet.  Sometime this week they're going to have to tease what the twist is for this particular map.  So far they've mentioned dragon overhead burning things, great northern wall very vertical map, and possibly moving capture points as three other ideas for Conquest. 

I usually don't let myself get caught up in speculating, but this looks like a very wooded map.  A dragon burning down trees which would open up new paths would be pretty cool, as would creating burning patches to knock people into.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• Shroom_MageShroom_Mage Member UncommonPosts: 863

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the map wraps around in a circle, which I like. Looks like you might be able to take a shortcut across some of the rocks, too. Linear maps like that turn into a fun push/pull sort of battle. I'm actually a little worried about how open Khylo seems.

Too bad there are so few screenshots.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

i am looking forward to khylo in all fairness, it just set a good impression for competitive pvp :) it was a little too open, but i love the design of the clock tower, that you can even climb ontop and scout the map 

• ArcheonusArcheonus Member Posts: 14

I think it would be important not to have a radar in the PvP setting.  The way we could use the territory to our advantage in that instance would be most gratifying.

Love Guild Wars? Final Fantasy? Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings?
    Here is an excerpt from the new series:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79738399/Archeon-and-the-Virgo-Moon-Excerpt

Originally posted by Archeonus

I think it would be important not to have a radar in the PvP setting.  The way we could use the territory to our advantage in that instance would be most gratifying.

When you mean radar do you mean a radar showing enemie NPCs?

If so that's not in the game.

There is a map that shows you were you are at an your team mates are.

Originally posted by Archeonus

Enemies are not shown on the map anywhere in the game at all. That feature has been completely removed.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

• TwoPiArrrrTwoPiArrrr Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Alot

Personally, I think it really looks like a work in progress. Hardly any (destructible) objects, very little foliage and the textures seem to be slightly off. I get the idea that ArenaNet gave GWInsider shots of the least complete PvP-map.

Apparently, destructible objects are unique to the Battle for Khylo map.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Screenshotsmean nothing by the way.Im not hyped about this game till i play it and see  for my self.

Two more screenshots, this time of a new female scholar PvP armor.

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012/01/exclusive-screenshots-pvp-scholar-armor-lobby/

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406

well, looks nice but i need some motion in that :)

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/2012/01/exclusive-screenshots-pvp-scholar-armor-lobby/

dont see any screens in this link

• CookieTimeCookieTime Member Posts: 353

Originally posted by saurus123

Originally posted by Shroom_Mage

dont see any screens in this link

Maybe this?

"stianmj says:

Figured it out.

If anyone uses the browser apps AdBlock or AdBlock plus, they block those last pictures for some reason. Had to disable AdBlock to view those two pics. Works fine with all other pics on the site thou…."

I'm not really impressed by these screenshots tbh..

Eat me!