Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back to RIFT, enjoying their mmo and their 3 gifts!

MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

I wasn't hyped by Rift when it was about to launch, and they didn't do a lot of advertisement themselves, but after positive beta feedbacks, I played the last open beta of Rift, subbed immediately for 6 months and stopped only in october to play Rise of Isengard (LOTRO's expansion) then moved to SWTOR (imo a nice single-player game plus a mediocre mmo in the same package).

So back to Rift now and enjoying it a lot, I was worried that I wouldn't find the same good first impressions but here they are!

What I particulary enjoy in it and miss in other mmo's is the dynamic world, invasions, special rifts and the ability to join and quit groups and raids on the fly without any hassle. It demands strategy too, defend a point first or else invasion will succeed or move further to close a rift that spews invaders that are overwhelming this point? Yep zone strategies are rare in PvE environements and very enjoyable when you are with only an ally to defend against waves of attackers who simply won't stop!

I didn't join a guild (but they give a lot of perks if you level them up) and don't do PvP but PvE is enough to keep me busy and I like too the scalable game settings. Playing Rift made me realize how SWTOR failed in a lot of aspects and I remember how Rift was *really* polished at launch and SWTOR isn't. And I haven't seen any bug in Rift for ten days now, you can feel Trion masters perfectly their engine and know what they are doing.

But now you'll say enough blabla and what about the three gifts?

- First gift is their dynamic and fun mmo, good customer service and reactivity :-P

- Second gift is the possibility to play for 79 euros for 13 months, cheapest AAA sub around afaik (without a dirty item shop on top of it or collectors' special access, etc), be quick though, VALID TILL THE 31ST OF JANUARY!

- Third gift, I subbed to 13 months then unsubbed to avoid automatic resub and I explained the reason in their feedback in the "Financial" topic. I received one day later a customer service mail giving me one more free month because they were sorry to see me unsub thinking it was a "financial" reason, i.e. not enough money to resub. So grand total 14 months for 79 euros! No need to say I like what they did and I'm glad to support Trion and their good spirit!

If you are interested in trying the game you can use my link below, if any one eventually subscribes I'll receive an in-game gift and you'll receive in-game gifts too, whatever you do, if you hesitated untill now just give RIFT a try :-)

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=TPRL3G3E9XE6RWZWH6W7&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

Comments

• FareasFareas Member Posts: 75

Aren't gifts supposed to be free. The first point should come with any mmorpgs and the 2 others are assuming you want to pay for all these months which in the end you might stop playing the game after 1 or 2 months making you just lose cash.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

do not click his link

its a scheme so he can get petty stuff

Use http://www.riftgame.com/en/

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192

Originally posted by Fareas

Aren't gifts supposed to be free. The first point should come with any mmorpgs and the 2 others are assuming you want to pay for all these months which in the end you might stop playing the game after 1 or 2 months making you just lose cash.

Or he may keep on playing and save lots of cash.  As far as the whole gifts issue with you, I am not sure why the need to split hairs here.  Consider them Perks and enjoy the rest of your day.

• NopexNopex Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by dinams

do not click his link

What a sad, hateful, sorry state of arrairs you are.

He says in his post he gets stuff if someone uses his link and isn't trying to hide it.

As if, when it doesn't change anything you would get or recieve in game when signing up[ you would rather choose not to help someone else out.  As if you would then actually make a post advising other people to do the same.

Child.

• MyPreciousssMyPreciousss Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Nopex

do not click his link

He says in his post he gets stuff if someone uses his link and isn't trying to hide it.

As if, when it doesn't change anything you would get or recieve in game when signing up[ you would rather choose not to help someone else out.  As if you would then actually make a post advising other people to do the same.

Child.

Thanks mate, I knew this was coming anyway, and to be honest I was reluctant to post here about the free month they gave me because of the readership: post a positive thread about a good mmo and a good company and you get those reactions. But if such threads get people interested in trying the game, then I did it right!

About the gifts, I already have two friends subscribed through my link and when a third does I'll get a hellish horse with fiery hoves and people subscribing get gifts too and can do the same with their link, I'm not a Doofenshmirtz conceiving an evil scheme, just wouldn't mind a cool new mount :-P

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

do not click his link

There's also a few bonuses for the new player as well.. not just the OP.. such as:

• Novitiate's Phylactery - A trinket that increases all experience gained by 5% until level 20!

• Special in-game title: “The Chosen”

• Ascended Treasure Pack

There are two others.. but they only work well if you actually know the other person.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

Gifts?

You mean like a drug dealer with an infinite supply of heroin blesses a customer with a "free" gift sample, right?

Amusing.

If the game is great and you want to play - you don't need a "gift". It's not all that expensive in the first place. I'm extremely puzzled whenever people choose to spend so many hours of their life based on "gifts" like this.

The game is either worth paying for, or it isn't. If Rift isn't worth paying a standard subscription rate for, then why would anyone be encouraged by these pointless tiny shinies?

For the record, I think Rift is a very competent themepark game. But it's still the same exact shit we've been fed for years now. If you're sick of it, it's not going to change because of pixel-gifts meant to REDUCE the time on the levelling treadmill - coupled with a less-than 10% rebate IF you commit to an extended subscription. The irony...

The world is tiny, the PvP is crappy, the combat system mediocre and sluggish - and the end-game is a 100% grindy vertical progression show.

Have fun.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

do not click his link

Child.

Thanks mate, I knew this was coming anyway, and to be honest I was reluctant to post here about the free month they gave me because of the readership: post a positive thread about a good mmo and a good company and you get those reactions. But if such threads get people interested in trying the game, then I did it right!

About the gifts, I already have two friends subscribed through my link and when a third does I'll get a hellish horse with fiery hoves and people subscribing get gifts too and can do the same with their link, I'm not a Doofenshmirtz conceiving an evil scheme, just wouldn't mind a cool new mount :-P

actually its about honesty. when folks have posted saying, 'hey if you sign up would you mind doing so with this link, i get cool stuff', i have done that for them. as you point out, why not?

but the OP is keeping that info from you. it just smacks of self serving nonsense, rather than a real opinion and interest in *others* finding a good game.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• NopexNopex Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by chelan

Originally posted by MyPreciousss

do not click his link

Child.

actually its about honesty. when folks have posted saying, 'hey if you sign up would you mind doing so with this link, i get cool stuff', i have done that for them. as you point out, why not?

but the OP is keeping that info from you. it just smacks of self serving nonsense, rather than a real opinion and interest in *others* finding a good game.

Really?  He's keeping it from people?

TO quote the OP:

"If you are interested in trying the game you can use my link below, if any one eventually subscribes I'll receive an in-game gift and you'll receive in-game gifts too, whatever you do, if you hesitated untill now just give RIFT a try :-)"

Did you read his post before placing your contribution to the thread?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I see the OP meant no harm,  i'm glad he enjoys the game and tries to get new players to play and enjoy it, too.

But recruit a friend links usually belong in here  -> http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/312090/Post-all-Rift-Buddy-Key-OffersRequestsRecruitAFriend-Here.html

Just saying :)