Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got hacked about a year ago. And what is there to do at 85.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Ok, I'm a long time mmo player, I played WoW on and off for years and stopped over a year ago. I'm fed up with all the newer mmos with their game on rails and now we have intense voice acting as the newest let down.

I'm on the fence between re-subbing to Vanguard or WoW. With Vanguard the lower population is not really a problem because I have some great methods to find others to play with by using the Social Panel to my advantage in everything I do. To make a long story short I could find and play with as low as five players on a server. However I played every class in Vanguard that I like, so I think I may go back to WoW.

I THINK my account got hacked, I'm not sure. Awhile back I was temporally stationed in Germany and when I returned back to the States Blizzard blocked my account for IP reasons. Months later I gave a half assed attempt to fix things. I called Blizzard and they sent me some security e-mails and I never really pursued the issue.

Some Questions :

1) Is customer service open on Sunday ? 

2) How hard is it to fix my account if hacked ? I think I read someplace where it takes days and Blizzard makes you jump through hoops.

3) I have to say that I never made it to max level on any character. My highest is a 74 Rogue. Last time I played the world was dead of any life from levels 10-72. Were talking close to no one at all to play with. Are they all at level 85 ?...I can't remember my server name.

4) What would you recommend to do with just hitting level 85 ? I guess they just added LFR, I never Raided before but many 5 man Dungeons....Does the fun start at 85?....I heard people saying this, I hope so because a dead world up to level 74 is no fun.

If all goes right with my account I'll have to buy the latest expansion ( This does not sit well with me, because I gave Blizzard a ton of money already ).

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i traveled to the caribbean last summer and tried to play WoW and got my account blocked because blizzard dont provide IP support to my navite country (The Dominican Republic). I received an email form them letting me know about the IP block so i had to wait until i get back to the US (a whole 3 months) to reactivate my account again. I never contacted them, i think they sent a link to reactivate it so i did. Even when i am not subbed i keep my security code attacked to my account for better security as well.  :)

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Relive old content in the form of cataclysm?

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

Originally posted by page

Ok, I'm a long time mmo player, I played WoW on and off for years and stopped over a year ago. I'm fed up with all the newer mmos with their game on rails and now we have intense voice acting as the newest let down.

I'm on the fence between re-subbing to Vanguard or WoW. With Vanguard the lower population is not really a problem because I have some great methods to find others to play with by using the Social Panel to my advantage in everything I do. To make a long story short I could find and play with as low as five players on a server. However I played every class in Vanguard that I like, so I think I may go back to WoW.

I THINK my account got hacked, I'm not sure. Awhile back I was temporally stationed in Germany and when I returned back to the States Blizzard blocked my account for IP reasons. Months later I gave a half assed attempt to fix things. I called Blizzard and they sent me some security e-mails and I never really pursued the issue.

Some Questions :

2) How hard is it to fix my account if hacked ? I think I read someplace where it takes days and Blizzard makes you jump through hoops.

3) I have to say that I never made it to max level on any character. My highest is a 74 Rogue. Last time I played the world was dead of any life from levels 10-72. Were talking close to no one at all to play with. Are they all at level 85 ?...I can't remember my server name.

4) What would you recommend to do with just hitting level 85 ? I guess they just added LFR, I never Raided before but many 5 man Dungeons....Does the fun start at 85?....I heard people saying this, I hope so because a dead world up to level 74 is no fun.

If all goes right with my account I'll have to buy the latest expansion ( This does not sit well with me, because I gave Blizzard a ton of money already ).

I re-subbed to reach level 85 on my death knight. I don't raid, but pretty much the game becomes a lobby. Players are in the main cities waiting for the next BG or dungeon to pop up. There are high populated servers, however, that doesn't mean they are in the open world. If you are interested to play your 74 Rogue, then play it until level 80, and then decide if you want to purchase Cataclysm. It is the same thing, reach level cap and do BGs , dungeons or raids. You can try an RP server if you like to RP, other things to do is crafting, but I don't lke it.

Oh, and be aware that since most of the players are DPS classes, even if you use the dungeon finder, you may have to wait some time before a dungeon group is formed. I resolved the issue by rolling a tank. I get to run dungeons a lot and waiting time is about 1-3 minutes depending on the population.

Edit: imo the paladin is the best class for tanking :) I just play with the DK to PvP

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by DecoyTrooper

Originally posted by page

Some Questions :

I re-subbed to reach level 85 on my death knight. I don't raid, but pretty much the game becomes a lobby. Players are in the main cities waiting for the next BG or dungeon to pop up. There are high populated servers, however, that doesn't mean they are in the open world. If you are interested to play your 74 Rogue, then play it until level 80, and then decide if you want to purchase Cataclysm. It is the same thing, reach level cap and do BGs , dungeons or raids. You can try an RP server if you like to RP, other things to do is crafting, but I don't lke it.

Oh, and be aware that since most of the players are DPS classes, even if you use the dungeon finder, you may have to wait some time before a dungeon group is formed. I resolved the issue by rolling a tank. I get to run dungeons a lot and waiting time is about 1-3 minutes depending on the population.

Edit: imo the paladin is the best class for tanking :) I just play with the DK to PvP

Thanks,

Well I know DPS has a waiting time, and Many groups don't like Rogues anyway ( thanks to the dungeon finder many groups don't have a choice, because you get what you get ). However I'm a good Rogue, I'll wait for the tank to start.

Anyway, I do have a Warrior around level 30 or so if I recall. But it sounds painful to me to level him up doing dungeon after dungeon using the LFD tool. Not that I don't like to do dungeons but I play to be social, and LFD tool makes it so people mindlessly plays with out any chatting or sense of community.

By the way Customer service is open on Sundays, I'll give it a try later after the gym.

Thanks !