Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skyrim Has Wrecked Every Other RPG Game I Have!!

Ok before skyrim a few games i was playing where Risen And Dragon age orgins and witcher 2 now when i try to play these games i have 0 interest at all!!! i cant even be botherd to roam the lands and explore or even do quests anymore in them cause skyrim set the bar so damn high!! anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Dragonbornee
    Ok before skyrim a few games i was playing where Risen And Dragon age orgins and witcher 2 now when i try to play these games i have 0 interest at all!!! i cant even be botherd to roam the lands and explore or even do quests anymore in them cause skyrim set the bar so damn high!! anyone else feel this way?

Did Morrowind or Oblivion give you this same feeling? Curious what makes skyrim so special in the series?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Interesting. I like Skyrim a lot too but it certainly hasn't made me not interested in my other games. In fact, there a lot of things I prefer in The Witcher 2 than in Skyrim.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

i get it with dragon age, but the witcher games are still good games

• VikingLegionVikingLegion Member Posts: 30

try morrowind with the graphical overhaul project mod....its amazing

• TreiseTreise Member UncommonPosts: 4

I went the other route, I simply HAD to uninstall Skyrim cause of how much time it was taking away from other games I enjoy (among other real life crap needing to be done >.>) lol

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

Yep I'm still playing Skyrim. I have four characters all level 25 and only 111 hours played according to Steam but this is really all I ever play. During December I did play some Orcs Must Die! for a week while I was sick which was really nice during those cold days drinking hot tea, apple cider, and hot cocoa with the snow outside my window. I did manage to get to level 25 on a bounty hunter in SWTOR and 18 as a Sith Juggernaut on a few hardcore nights before Spring classes started but I cancelled my sub and I'm back to playing Skyrim. I intend to max out my DAoC Mercenary type character to 80 and try to get a 100% completion of the entire game.

Needless to say I will be playing Skyrim for a long time since I won't be playing it hardcore. It's on Master difficulty as well. I will probably play a different game on occasion but will just come back to Skyrim afterwards every time.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Not 4 me, I stopped Skyrim after picking up Batman: Arkham City, and Dark Souls

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

I have 300+ hours clocked in with Skyrim and finished the game on 3 different characters (pure mage, spellsword and stealth archer ~lvl35).

I've done every quest with various characters (some of them 3 times).

Skyrim is an amazing game, after modding the shit out of it of course, because out of the box it plays and looks like molasses.

However I have never thought that it diminished my other games, in fact, i immediately jumped back to Two Worlds 2 afterwards (and did the ending suck!).

The beauty of TES games is that they stay fresh and replayable over a huge amount of time. Sometimes i go back to Daggerfall or Morrowind (Oblivion didn't strike my fancy that much) to play it again, with a slightly different character build.

The Fallout series also has this quality.

But I would never say that it "ruined my other games", i know that my other RPGs are other games, they are not TES or Fallout. If i want TES or Fallout, i play TES or Fallout.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

The Witcher 2 & Dark Souls were just as good as Skyrim last year.

I was so happy to have three amazing RPGs to play in one year.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Skyrim was the First TES game i played, and though it is awesome, it doesnt take anything away from my other games. Would i like to see a TES game every year? Fuck yes, and 80 bucks a piece if that's what they want for it! After being drug down over the new consoles way's of only having a 20 hour game, Skyrim definetely pleased me and still does. I have 6 character's all around level 50, and about 400 hours total in the game. I. love. it.

To get back on topic, it doesnt take away from my other games, though it does give fuel to my "Why are these games so damn short?" Fire for other titles. I'm still enjoying Batman, FF13 and the upcoming FF13-2, Dues ex, Alice, Zelda SS,and even my little platformer LIMBO, Uncharted's, etc, etc.

The Elder Scrolls have won me over as a die hard fan with this one though. I see people complaining Skyrim isn't awesome, but i truly don't understand why they feel that way ^_^

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ThrageThrage Member Posts: 200

Skyrim really has ruined a lot of games for me, too.  Oblivion and Morrowind were nothing like this. Nowhere NEAR as addictive.

I haven't been this crazy about a video game since Mount and Blade: Warband.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I went back to Witcher 2 after about 150 hours in Skyrim and it was a pleasure to play through again.  And then I played Final Fantasy 7 for probably the 18th time.  Confirmed: still amazing.  

Nope, Skyrim hasn't ruined other games for me :)

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Well I don't restircting myself to just RPG

other genres are fun as well

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

• Ultima 7.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

bar high? well no, in what sense? there is so many flaws in that game but lets just say few things, dialogue first for example after you killed 50 dragons there still comes guard saying you did i heard there was dragon attacked in helgen.

also concole ported to pc wich you needed to mod your skyrim like no other to get it decend on pc, not to mention the game was finished when you actually tought its starting. huge disappointment in my book.

• toodlepip123toodlepip123 Member Posts: 125

I tried skyrim for 10 minutes. The combat in that game is some of the worst of any game ive ever played in the last 25 years.  (Darkfall not included)

[Mod Edit]

• TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76

Kingdom's of Amalur is going to Wreck skyrim. I can't wait for this game. I don't want to hear about the issue's with the Demo either. 4month old build that was outsoruced to a diffrent company to make the demo. 

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

I like Skyrim just as i like all TES games but Skyrim is lacking compared to The Witcher 2.From the devs and the free DLC and now with the console version we are getting even more content for free. The graphics are way above Skyrim and and the story  and immersion trumps every other RPG out their except perhaps Dark Souls.

For all you console buffs who have never heard of the witcher or who just want to play it on console,get a load of this epicness.

Move over BioWare,their is a new king in town..

9.9 on the scale baby.. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-console-the-witcher/726181

Originally posted by TheDubanat0r

Kingdom's of Amalur is going to Wreck skyrim. I can't wait for this game. I don't want to hear about the issue's with the Demo either. 4month old build that was outsoruced to a diffrent company to make the demo. 

Yeah right, a fabled wanna be arcade combat game is going to wreck Skyrim lmfao.

Dream on ....

• DecoyTrooperDecoyTrooper Member Posts: 239

As far as RPG goes, I prefer to play Skyrim than other RPGs. But I still play my other non-RPGs from time to time.

I didn't find Skyrim as immersive as in other TES games; where is the skill customization? I don't mind if the classes were removed, but at least, Bethesda could have let the player create his/her own build as in other TES games. Does anyone know if the devs said something about this? This was a feature that I liked in previous TES games but now it's gone...all gone :(

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by Sylvarii

Yeah right, a fabled wanna be arcade combat game is going to wreck Skyrim lmfao.

Dream on ....

Indeed. Looks like it might be a fun Dungeon Siege Fable cross but it has a capital 'A' in ARPG.

Originally posted by Gorilla

Dream on ....

Indeed. Looks like it might be a fun Dungeon Siege Fable cross but it has a capital 'A' in ARPG.

Yup, and to be honest this game plays way better than what i have seen so far of KOA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yCF2lt6lEY

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

Kingdoms of Amalur feels rather pathetic compared to Skyrim in my opinion. In fact I consider it to be an insult to the millions of people that bought Skyrim and won't even look at Amalur.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

9.9 on the scale baby.. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-console-the-witcher/726181

That's a stonking trailer. 

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Makes sense, what other game has this ?