Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout or Skyrim?

c0nceptc0ncept Member Posts: 13

I am looking to buy a new game and I am wondering which I will get my money's worth out of more.

Should I get Fallout for cheaper so I can wait for the price of Skyrim to lower, or should I buy Skyrim now. My friends argued over which is better so I would just like to get both. Suggestions?

Keep Gaming My Brethren.

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

While I feel you'll get more for your money with Skyrim it's really a matter of which type of game you prefer. Do you like High Fantasy or Scifi? Both are great games but of course Skyrim being the newer game does look a little better. I would say if money is an issue get Fallout for now and Skyrim when it goes down in price which probably won't be anytime soon as it's still the number one seller on Steam at 60 bucks. Fallout 3 or New Vegas are both great games that will provide 100+ hours of enjoyment each. Skyrim on the other hand will probably provide 300+ hours at least. I probably haven't been much help because they are all great games in my honest opinion. If you have the money all 3 are worth getting.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• c0nceptc0ncept Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Brenelael

While I feel you'll get more for your money with Skyrim it's really a matter of which type of game you prefer. Do you like High Fantasy or Scifi? Both are great games but of course Skyrim being the newer game does look a little better. I would say if money is an issue get Fallout for now and Skyrim when it goes down in price which probably won't be anytime soon as it's still the number one seller on Steam at 60 bucks. Fallout 3 or New Vegas are both great games that will provide 100+ hours of enjoyment each. Skyrim on the other hand will probably provide 300+ hours at least. I probably haven't been much help because they are all great games in my honest opinion. If you have the money all 3 are worth getting.

Bren

Thank you for your reply. As it seems I would like to get all 3, I think I will pick up Fallout 3 and New Vegas now, since I am a bigger fan of sci-fi over fantasy.

Keep Gaming My Brethren.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

If you get Fallout 3 make sure you get the Game of the Year edition. It comes with the expansions and you'll want the first one Broken Steel at least as without it the game comes to a screeching halt when you finish the main story. Broken Steel fixes this problem and lets you continue to play after you finish the main story.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }