Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does FF have such poor performance

Ive turned down shadows as far as they will go, AA and texture filtering are off and still it runs like a dog with breathing problems.

Ive got crysis, witcher 2, a lot of the graphical top dogs and this is the only game so far ive encountered where i cant put everything at max and retain a decent fram rate.

Comments

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

It is optimized poorly.

There is a reason why they are completely ditching this engine and moving to a new one...

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Probably want to change it to 30 fps. Makes it run better and cuts the strain on the PC by a lot.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• TheFirst109TheFirst109 Member UncommonPosts: 182

Yeah I have everything maxed myself and when I am out in the world everything runs fine, but when I get into a town like Uldah I get some hiccups in fps where my character freezes in place for a second and then continues. It's a little annoying, but I have an ATI and they are known to suck with FFXIV

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Yea i was really suprised I just started the game and was appaled with how jerky and the game could be.  Its fine when I'm out in the world killing some monsters and stuff but during cinematics its like my computers about to explode.  Also in town the performance is noticbly bad.

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223

I was able to try it shortly before release, and it was totally unplayable for me. I spent more time on the download and installation than actually trying to play. I have a pretty good machine that has been able to handle anything I throw at it except FFXIV. I immediately lost interest because I'm not going to drop $1500 on a new PC just to try this one game.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Square-Enix learned their lesson and they have admitted that.

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 should be alot better with the new engine and compatibility with lower quality PC's